Unfair pumpking mechanic

I understand devs wanted to make pumpking a bit more difficult and refreshing from year to year but pumpthief is not it. His sole purpose is to be a troll and it's an instant loss mechanic especially in the 3rd stage hard mode where a stat loss can easily determine victory.

This instant loss mechanic has really soured my taste on this Halloween event as I'm sure many other players feel the same way according to the rhetoric on global. Guard spec whose whole purpose is to protect a against a stat drop doesn't even work and there's no effective way to circumvent the stat drop in 3rd stage hard mode because unlike the other two stages pumpkings wither ability drops your stats too.

I cannot tell you how many runs that were smooth as butter in the first 2 stages only to be utterly destroyed by pump thief in the next round. I know some will argue it's RNG dependent if he comes into the battle but it's still unfair that a whole run can be destroyed depending on if RNG likes you that day or not.

Please let this be the last year pumpthief makes an appearance as it's so frustrating to loss 2-3 in a row all in the 3rd stage because he comes out. 

It's not fun at all.

1051-front-n.gif.0b305f6d9a31e5e4d6904294fa2b855d.gif

Edited by Ryukaai
A word missing
8 minutes ago, xRdZiiiN said:

weezing.

Explain how he would compensate for the attack loss in the 3rd stage? What I mean is how can you adjust to the loss of the partner he'll replace and beyond his ability preventing the initial loss he can't do anything if pumpthief comes onto the field before him. For 3rd stage you really can't afford to be doing much switching and wasting turns trying to predict a pumpthief entrance.

10 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

Explain how he would compensate for the attack loss in the 3rd stage? What I mean is how can you adjust to the loss of the partner he'll replace and beyond his ability preventing the initial loss he can't do anything if pumpthief comes onto the field before him. For 3rd stage you really can't afford to be doing much switching and wasting turns trying to predict a pumpthief entrance.

he's working wonders on my team bro ... usually works like that on my runs [ Honchcrow x special  hydreigon - Hydreigon Snarl - Weezing x special hyd ]

Pumpking kills honch, i replace it with Ttar, uses assurance with ttar , snarl - then need to pay attention on what stat pumpking will debuff on my hydreigon, if its special atk  or speed or def , i use the respected x item to make up for it. if it's atk, special defense we're chillin. [ i use psywave weezing on this case ] 

next turn he usually dies if he didn't debuff special atk on hydreigon ~ assurance - snarl - cat cookie.

when he switcs my hydreigon i have krookodile for back up, and usually he is with like less than 15% hp when this happen.

Edited by xRdZiiiN
47 minutes ago, xRdZiiiN said:

he's working wonders on my team bro ... usually works like that on my runs [ Honchcrow x special  hydreigon - Hydreigon Snarl - Weezing x special hyd ]

Pumpking kills honch, i replace it with Ttar, uses assurance with ttar , snarl - then need to pay attention on what stat pumpking will debuff on my hydreigon, if its special atk  or speed or def , i use the respected x item to make up for it. if it's atk, special defense we're chillin. [ i use psywave weezing on this case ] 

next turn he usually dies if he didn't debuff special atk on hydreigon ~ assurance - snarl - cat cookie.

when he switcs my hydreigon i have krookodile for back up, and usually he is with like less than 15% hp when this happen.

I'm not talking about easy mode bro. In hard mode he comes out with his buddies there's no way you're ignoring them in hard mode and concentrating your attack plan on pumpking lol

Edited by Ryukaai
22 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

I'm not talking about easy mode bro. In hard mode he comes out with his buddies there's no way you're ignoring them in hard mode and concentrating your attack plan on pumpking lol

it's indeed hard mode bro, well i already explained what i do ~ good luck. ~ snarl is a aeo dark type move just in case you doesn't know.

14 minutes ago, xRdZiiiN said:

it's indeed hard mode bro, well i already explained what i do ~ good luck. ~ snarl is a aeo dark type move just in case you doesn't know.

If you're in game now would you mind letting me spectate a match cause I'm still unclear on how you're utilizing your strategy. 

1 minute ago, GodofKawaii said:

usually when events get bad and people like you complain they use the "I'm a proud donator" card 

🙄 Nobody said anything about donating or that the event was bad. I simply pointed on how annoying a particular mechanic was. 

Chill bro... you're reading too much into this lol

I didn't tried hard mode yet

However Lookin at pumpking goodie bags and this haloween's particle prices, i Can easily notice that hard mode is not that hard

Compared to what happened in 2018 with pumpkid particle that s priced 8m now

U May missing sthg in your strat and im sure if u ask anyone théy would clarify this for you

Easy mode

Easy farm

Easy bags

Sûre odds ❤️

4 hours ago, Jgaw said:

I didn't tried hard mode yet

However Lookin at pumpking goodie bags and this haloween's particle prices, i Can easily notice that hard mode is not that hard

Compared to what happened in 2018 with pumpkid particle that s priced 8m now

U May missing sthg in your strat and im sure if u ask anyone théy would clarify this for you

Easy mode

Easy farm

Easy bags

Sûre odds ❤️

I think I may have to end up just farming easy mode because hard mode is heavily RNG dependent moreso than easy mode. 

I tried the above mentioned strat and even watched him execute it flawlessly but I just can't execute it consistently to save my life. 

3 days till event end and I haven't even touched 3M total when I account for the ongoing cost of items 😭🏳️

6 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

What's your profit in easy mode?

i can't say this publicly, but u may ask me in game
but lemme give u sthg to calculate ..
easy mode farm: 
4 minutes and a half (let s say 5 minutes)... every 5 minutes u get 5 goodie bags... 1 hour gives you 60 goodie bags (don't forget , odds are sure, but just in case bring Xatt + Xspecial or ghost cookie if u misclick or sthg ..  however u can always log out and quit session and restart .. but be sure that odds are 99.99%
now make your calculations 1 hour = 60 goodie bags
but what is sad, is that i can't buy anythg from GTL while fighting and that s really so sad.. cause GTL during haloween is a money making method, u can even make milions through this