[Denied]Catch pokemon to get GC coins.

Some lady in the game corner could have 5-10 "quests" every 24 hours. She asks you to go catch a certain pokemon with a certain nature. Bring that pokemon back to her, get a number of game corner coins. Completely randomized every time you talk to her so nobody has the same quest at the same time. I don't know how big the reward would be but it would give people some options.

It's an interesting idea and I don't dislike it, it just only takes me 2-3 hours to get max coins anyways most the time so it doesn't bother me. I also think it's not a priority right now with all the things being worked on to be implemented but it's not a bad idea ^_^

[quote name='methejoker247' timestamp='1362423286' post='217967']
If this was to be implemented, coin ratio 50-100. Otherwise it'd be too easy to get TMs. +1 support though.
[/quote]

Making this useless and more time consuming than actually using the slots, which no one wants in the first place.

Support. But making it 50-100 coins is stupid. Needs to be at least 1k to make it worthwhile. It's not easy to get a certain nature pokemon, even less if the pokemon has a low capture rate/low chance of appearing.

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Lets improve your idea a little .

Lets make it that . Pokemon that can be bought from the game corner AND are available in the wild , like Scyther, Pinsir and Dratini .
Can be exchanged for game coins ... Half price (or less) obviously .
Selling a Dratini would give you 1400 coins (selling for 2800)
Pensir 2750 ..etc
We can "argue" about the exchange prices if you want .[/font][/size]

[quote name='HeavyCurse' timestamp='1362423947' post='217977']
It's an interesting idea and I don't dislike it, it just only takes me 2-3 hours to get max coins anyways most the time so it doesn't bother me. I also think it's not a priority right now with all the things being worked on to be implemented but it's not a bad idea ^_^
[/quote]
Sinnoh has this in what's-it-called town, execpt the guy gives you Pokeballs.

[quote name='MHDEN' timestamp='1362424250' post='217988']
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Lets improve your idea a little .

Lets make it that . Pokemon that can be bought from the game corner AND are available in the wild , like Scyther, Pinsir and Dratini .
Pensir 2750 ..etc
We can "argue" about the exchange prices if you want .[/font][/size]
[/quote]

This wasn't part of the idea at all. Each pokemon game has some NPC that just wants to SEE the pokemon, than they give you an item. I'm not even implying we actually sell or lose the pokemon. Lady says ohhhh thanks for showing me, heres your reward. And if it was just the GC pokemon, that would ruin the idea of traveling around and catching different pokemon.

I'm thinking like 5 pokemon per day at 1000 coins each.

[quote name='Siege' timestamp='1362426655' post='218058']
If it's only 500 coins, you're wasting your time. Going out and catching 5 pokemon with the nature they specified isn't easy. Give me enough coins for a TM, at least.
[/quote]
That's a load of crap. Catching Pokemon is easy. Even if this was brought back from DPP, it's not coded for npcs to request natures

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1362426969' post='218067']
That's a load of crap. Catching Pokemon is easy.
[/quote]

Exactly. People would find it too easy to get 500 coins per quest if you are going to have 5-10 quests a day(lets calculate, 500 x a possible 10 is 5000 + the 1000 coins you can buy thats 6000, that means in 2 days you can get an eevee/porygon). Unless its a safari pokemon, keep it low. [size=1]Im probably talking bullshit, but its just my opinion.[/size] [size=3]They would rather bother taking 2 days to do that than do 2-3 hours straight in the GC. [size=1]Again, my opinion.[/size][/size]

[quote name='methejoker247' timestamp='1362427984' post='218078']
Exactly. People would find it too easy to get 500 coins per quest if you are going to have 5-10 quests a day(lets calculate, 500 x a possible 10 is 5000 + the 1000 coins you can buy thats 6000, that means in 2 days you can get an eevee/porygon). Unless its a safari pokemon, keep it low. [size=1]Im probably talking bullshit, but its just my opinion.[/size] [size=3]They would rather bother taking 2 days to do that than do 2-3 hours straight in the GC. [size=1]Again, my opinion.[/size][/size]
[/quote]
The original game had 1 per day. That's probally how it will be

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1362428219' post='218083']
The original game had 1 per day. That's probally how it will be
[/quote]

[quote name='Siege' timestamp='1362423079' post='217963']
Some lady in the game corner could have [u][b]5-10[/b][/u] "quests" every 24 hours.
[/quote]

And if it is implemented and ends up being 1 or 2 per day, I see no problem in the reward being higher.

The whole point of this idea is to give people an option. I would assume the majority of players would rather go out and catch pokemon and actually play the game rather than sitting inside the GC pressing two buttons for 2-4 hours. You backed up my idea saying that it would take two days for a full 9999. Two days for people who don't want to waste their time and effort hitting two buttons. Some people can only play for short periods of time. Making them waste their time in the GC rather than playing the game is counter-intuitive. I really only posted this for options. The only thing is I don't know if this would be easier to implement than a new game altogether.

[quote name='Siege' timestamp='1362429950' post='218135']
The whole point of this idea is to give people an option. I would assume the majority of players would rather go out and catch pokemon and actually play the game rather than sitting inside the GC pressing two buttons for 2-4 hours. You backed up my idea saying that it would take two days for a full 9999. Two days for people who don't want to waste their time and effort hitting two buttons. Some people can only play for short periods of time. Making them waste their time in the GC rather than playing the game is counter-intuitive. I really only posted this for options. The only thing is I don't know if this would be easier to implement than a new game altogether.
[/quote]

[spoiler] [size=1]Well they do say great minds think alike :) [size=4][/spoiler][/size][/size]

I like the game corner and gambling there. I see no problem with that :P people just be too lazy to sit and do it. I'd rather do the GC while watching an anime or something rather than go out and try and catch pokemon. In the time that takes to go find the proper nature I could probably make the same amount of coins if not more just chilling there at the GC. That's just my opinion though.

It's a nice idea and all but I don't see it being implemented, especially since the Devs mentioned they're planning more minigames in the Game Corner and they want players to play those games, that was the whole reason behind forcing people to use the game corner I think.

I think the only problem with the Game Corner is that there is currently only one minigame implemented and it's a boring game. Hopefully the Devs can come up with something fun for us to play there and everyone will stop trying to work their way around it.

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1362431016' post='218157']
It's a nice idea and all but I don't see it being implemented, especially since the Devs mentioned they're planning more minigames in the Game Corner and they want players to play those games, that was the whole reason behind forcing people to use the game corner I think.

I think the only problem with the Game Corner is that there is currently only one minigame implemented and it's a boring game. Hopefully the Devs can come up with something fun for us to play there and everyone will stop trying to work their way around it.
[/quote]
I was thinking that too, such a shame.

Although, I could also see this maybe happening since they are trying to stick close to the games and most the games, all of which I remember, have some 'Catch-a-pokemon-and-show-me' event.

its a nice idea but i cant see them adding this

[quote name='MHDEN' timestamp='1362424250' post='217988']
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Lets improve your idea a little .

Pensir 2750 ..etc
We can "argue" about the exchange prices if you want .[/font]
[/quote]

also this would never work because those pokemon are so easy to get-its easy to catch dratini you can probably get at least 3~per entry,and scyther and pinsir you can easily trade random crap for