it's fair?

I really strongly disagree how the ban system works.
I have been banned for having programs open on my computer "EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT USE THEM IN THE GAME"
and when I wanted to claim "Ban appeal" their response was basically, "You are guilty, end of conversation"
At no time was an attempt to understand the user why or how what happened happened, it had been more than 5000 hours and it was very strange for me to find that my account had been permanently banned and I did not understand the reason, the truth is that it is a game very good, it's a shame that all the players are just numbers for them and not something that is really worth it.
I'm not looking for the ban to be removed because I really don't think it happens, I just want to know what other users think about this.
  Is it fair that the game detects what applications we use on our computer despite not using them in the game?

I also think it is unfair if you're banned unjustly as that's certainly a given. However, there are more than 25,000 users daily playing this game. Not everyone uses programs for malicious intent or even at all, however it is very difficult for each staff member to keep track. If I'm not mistaken, there are less than 100 staff members in total. Not only that, out of these staff members, not all of them have the power to ban or detect bots. Let's say there's 100 staff members for the sake of it. Do you expect 100 people to keep track of all 25,000+ people? To be fair to them, they have their hands tied.

Their responses could be a bit better as I'd be extremely irritated if I was banned for the reason you've mentioned without any evidence, however the aforementioned must be taken into account - they've got 100 people working. They have lives as they aren't paid to be staff members. It is easy for you to be angry, and you have all the right to be, but you must understand that they are humans who do not get paid for this work. While your anger is justified, try to understand and be careful in the future.

Unbanning some people who may have been botting means that the botters will be more intelligent and find a way to bypass detection. They will not make the same mistake twice. I know this because I've been in staff positions for a few MMOs and this has happened a lot on. It is a high risk, no reward situation for the staff members and everyone involved. The bots will take over, ruin the economy and fun for players, give the staff members extra work to do that could have otherwise been avoided while new problems will arise. Give people an inch, they'll take a mile.

The situation is the same for ALL MMOs, not just this one. That's why the banning rules are quite identical. 

Edit: I just wanted to say one last thing - be careful the next time any software is on your computer. Some applications start automatically upon logging in your computer, so do your best to close them before opening PokeMMO.

Edited by Taokome

You don't get banned without clear evidence, so do yourself a favor and man up by admitting your mistake.

Staff has no interest in banning people just for the sakes of it. People get banned because there is evidence, and if you appeal, the evidence is evaluated once again, and if guilty as in your case the appeal will get rejected.

I understand that you say that it is due to lack of personnel but it is not fair that they lose accounts not of months, of years and many hours invested in someone who does not even use hacks and I already wanted to explain to those who are in charge of the ban appeal, tell me If it hasn't happened to them before, no matter what they say, they tell you "no, and they don't give you a chance to respond by closing the thread" that's not ban appeal, it's just reaffirming that the only thing they're looking for is billing, no matter the average user

Seth, you would be excellent material for pokemmo support, because like them, you accuse and only affirm something without understanding the reason.

I already wanted to explain to the support that I play to catch pokemon from time to time, and when I entered the game "I had 2 open programs" that the game detected, but I had never used them in the game, they were 2 auto click, that I use them for others reasons that it is not even necessary to detail, the fact is that the time that I play and the amount of pokemon that I have caught in all the time that I have played, at no time was it necessary to use any macro, first, because I have caught few and not even It was so long in a row, and they have disconnected me several times for being afk, showing that I caught them manually and not with any program, I asked them to check the game logs and yet they never did anything about it, they just think they are right , and they don't mind ruining ordinary users with such actions

Edited by lucho994
4 minutes ago, lucho994 said:

I understand that you say that it is due to lack of personnel but it is not fair that they lose accounts not of months, of years and many hours invested in someone who does not even use hacks and I already wanted to explain to those who are in charge of the ban appeal, tell me If it hasn't happened to them before, no matter what they say, they tell you "no, and they don't give you a chance to respond by closing the thread" that's not ban appeal, it's just reaffirming that the only thing they're looking for is billing, no matter the average user

They say no because the evidence is there. Decision is never made based on the fact that you donated 0 bucks or 100s/1000s bucks lol

1 minute ago, lucho994 said:

Seth, you would be excellent material for pokemmo support, because like them, you accuse and only affirm something without understanding the reason.

I already wanted to explain to the support that I play to catch pokemon from time to time, and when I entered the game "I had 2 open programs" that the game detected, but I had never used them in the game, they were 2 auto click, that I use them for others reasons that it is not even necessary to detail, the fact is that the time that I play and the amount of pokemon that I have caught in all the time that I have played, at no time was it necessary to use any macro, first, because I have caught few and it was not even so long in a row, and they have disconnected me several times for being afk, showing that I caught them manually and not with any program, I asked them to review the game logs and without envargo they never did anything about it, they just think they are right, and they don't mind ruining ordinary users with such actions

Seriously, stop yourself 

On 4/23/2023 at 6:36 AM, lucho994 said:

I have been banned for having programs open on my computer "EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT USE THEM IN THE GAME"
and when I wanted to claim "Ban appeal" their response was basically, "You are guilty, end of conversation"

Just to make it clear there, the quote you mentioned never came from us. You claimed that in your appeal, the evidences were reviewed and you were found guilty once again, which is why your appeal was denied and closed. I am looking at the evidences and I can see you are obviously guilty, so now you were found guilty by 3 different people in staff.

As we stated several times publicly, we are not malicious nor stupid. We do not benefit from banning players that do not break the rules and despite what many people think, we can tell the difference between normal players and bots, as well as normal trades and RMT. We do not care if you use bots in other games and it will never cause you to be banned on PokeMMO.

We already told you that you're allowed to play in a new account. If you decide to do so following the rules this time, you will not be banned again.