Pheno Watch channel

1awlk

Question

4 answers to this question

This channel would probably turn into a ghost channel very quickly. I mean how often does the average player hunt for phenos? Probably only up to 4 times for OT dex and thats it.

I do like the idea tho not in the way you put it. I would say they should allow us to set up custom channels which only show pings.

How it would work is you set your pings like "phenos" and your custom channel would search for "phenos" on all other channels like global local etcs and present the statment with your ping-word and where it was spoken.

Right now pings only work for the tab you have on. If you have global chat on you only get pings from global. If you put all the chats (global channel , normal whispers) on one tab youre going to be overloaded with info and wont be able to keep up with any of them.

Unfortunately at that point it's just better to put phenos on TVs in unova. Misinformation would be everywhere, global isn't really filled with "pheno?", and if this channel was a thing it wouldn't really fix that, unless you make it so that you can't say "pheno" in global chat, similar to trying to say buy/sell will give you a notification telling you to go to trade chat.

It just seems really inconvenient to be honest. One or two calls might be there, but as BrokenJoker said it's just not frequent enough to warrant a whole other chat option for it. Tbqh, I just can't see a single positive in this idea