Make The Shiny Spirite available for overworld swarms

hamizoss

Question

this one is too popular so , since the game still has 1/30,000 shiny odds , why not making a shiny spirite on overworld swarms so the players don't have to check every single encounter to know if its a shiny or not if they aren't interested on catching them or something , still don't think if there is any problem on that but well , if its possible only , thanks!

can be also a setting to enable/disable if anyone doesn't like it so if possible as what it is with the egg animation

Edited by hamizoss

6 answers to this question

10 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

But the sprite is only an indicator of what is there, I think that this should not happen, because people are too lazy and would avoid to load the swarms 

yeah thats the only negative side on this suggestion so , ppl are being too lazy to check every single pokemon in the swarm and after this they will just use multiple accounts

i forgot about this point until a team member told me about it yesterday

On 6/30/2023 at 4:50 AM, hamizoss said:

this one is too popular so , since the game still has 1/30,000 shiny odds , why not making a shiny spirite on overworld swarms so the players don't have to check every single encounter to know if its a shiny or not if they aren't interested on catching them or something , still don't think if there is any problem on that but well , if its possible only , thanks!

can be also a setting to enable/disable if anyone doesn't like it so if possible as what it is with the egg animation

As much as i like this idea because im lazy shiny hunter (im not even sure if i qualify with such title),  this defeats the purpose of actually encountering pokemon in the game as yes, as michele said, it would make players lazy. An easy life hack to shiny hunting. 

Also, and i think most importantly, it would give lesser value to swarm shinies. 

Edited by Transendence
On 6/30/2023 at 12:07 PM, HEARTEATERS said:

i dont like this, would be stupid to just drive by swarms

I get what you mean but I would argue that the players who shiny check are just annoyed while doing it anyway. Popular swarms will always still have plenty of people in them, it's just a QoL change for those who might not need those pokes but wanna shiny check some rare mons

Just now, Strodex said:

I get what you mean but I would argue that the players who shiny check are just annoyed while doing it anyway. Popular swarms will always still have plenty of people in them, it's just a QoL change for those who might not need those pokes but wanna shiny check some rare mons

Btw I wasn't sure if this was your argument, I assume it was but let me know if there's something that you meant that I haven't considered ^^