Lag on android phone i'm desperate

Hello, i started played Pokemmo on my pc, works very well

I wanted to install it on my android phone (Xiaomi redmi note 7) and the first week the game runned absolutely perfectly, same feeling as on PC

but since three days i cant even play on my phone, i have between 800 and 6000 ping all time, but i'm still on the same wifi as my PC where the game still running perfectly (ping between 80-120)

I use this phone only to play PokeMMO on it actually, not my main phone so i dont changed anything on it and already tried to uninstall/ install again 

please tell me someone have a solution i want to play on my phone so much

Have you tried restarting your device and your modem?

If this doesn't help, I'd recommend you to try your device in a different internet to see if the problem persists. If it persists, it's probably something in your device causing this.

I tried to restart all my phone, dont work well. 

This morning i could play normal with a normal ping and then later high high ping on my phone, and its the only game to have ping on my phone, and no bug/lag on PC.

I understand that its completely a mystery for you too bc it's the first time i see something like this

Anyway, if anyday someone has a answer to that .. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am having exactly the same issue on my android as well (Motorola G series). Works perfectly fine in PC/Laptop, while lags in phone even though same WiFi. This never happened couple of years back when I used to play in both devices.

Update: The ping issue solved if I don't use the WiFi and simply use my mobile internet.

Still this is strange, should not be happening with WiFi. Is this region specific issue? (SEA)

Do update if anyone finds any solution or cause of this issue.

Edited by Revato
Updated extra info
12 hours ago, Revato said:

I am having exactly the same issue on my android as well (Motorola G series). Works perfectly fine in PC/Laptop, while lags in phone even though same WiFi. This never happened couple of years back when I used to play in both devices.

Update: The ping issue solved if I don't use the WiFi and simply use my mobile internet.

Still this is strange, should not be happening with WiFi. Is this region specific issue? (SEA)

Do update if anyone finds any solution or cause of this issue.

If your wifi is fine on your laptop/pc and your phone is fine on 4g, then it sounds like the issue is possibly your phone to router connection.

Does your laptop/pc use an ethernet? It could also be the positioning of your phone to wifi which determines the strength of the signal. You could try standing next to your router and seeing if it improves.

With me i had a weird and simmilar issue. I was using my wifi, and i'm close to it. Simply game doesn't work partially(Chat was fine, battles was laggy.) , but using a wi-fi from my neighbor, with me at least 15 meters away, are working better. Other apps from my cellphone, and even a game(Clash of Clans) wasn't having said issue.

On 7/21/2023 at 10:40 PM, KaynineXL said:

If your wifi is fine on your laptop/pc and your phone is fine on 4g, then it sounds like the issue is possibly your phone to router connection.

Does your laptop/pc use an ethernet? It could also be the positioning of your phone to wifi which determines the strength of the signal. You could try standing next to your router and seeing if it improves.

What you say makes sense, and I did try those but unfortunately issue remains. Because firstly there is no Ethernet cable from my laptop to router, 2ndly both my laptop & phone is barely 1 hand distant from the WiFi router where I use them both. Now it might be a possibility that I m having some WiFi issue with my phone but I can tell you another instance where I play a phone game called "Mobile Legends" which give better stable ping when I'm on WiFi than on phone internet (which is precisely why I wished to play PokeMMO on WiFi as well in the first place).
Anyways, thank you for your suggestions, I will still look for a solution or at least a proper cause. It also might be specifically my ISP which is giving this issue with PokeMMO servers.
One fun fact is the company whose WiFi I use is the same company who provides the 4G Sim in my country(phone internet), so I don't understand why this discrimination with phone users XD.

I will keep this updated if I discover anything else from my side.

Problem Solved:

>> Go to Phone Settings and search "Reset Options" > Reset Options (you'll be resetting WiFi, Bluetooth, Internet settings) > Restart phone.

While resetting you might see SIM options if you use dual SIM. Choose whichever SIM you use most, I would suggest do for both.

Spoiler

Additional(if required):

1. Shut down the phone.
2. Take out and re-insert phone SIM & turn on the phone.

After doing all of the above my problem got solved. I can enjoy PokeMMO smoothly both on WiFi and phone internet as it was before.

If this helps anyone out there please follow up on this post for others who might be suffering still.

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2023 at 8:30 PM, Revato said:

Problem Solved:

>> Go to Phone Settings and search "Reset Options" > Reset Options (you'll be resetting WiFi, Bluetooth, Internet settings) > Restart phone.

While resetting you might see SIM options if you use dual SIM. Choose whichever SIM you use most, I would suggest do for both.

Reveal hidden contents

Additional(if required):

1. Shut down the phone.
2. Take out and re-insert phone SIM & turn on the phone.

After doing all of the above my problem got solved. I can enjoy PokeMMO smoothly both on WiFi and phone internet as it was before.

If this helps anyone out there please follow up on this post for others who might be suffering still.

I was having the same issue yesterday and I did the mentioned method and it completely fixed my problem. But early this morning it started happening again. Don't know what to do.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 7:38 AM, yamnega said:

I was having the same issue yesterday and I did the mentioned method and it completely fixed my problem. But early this morning it started happening again. Don't know what to do.

I did look up on this, but couldn't figure out a solution for this. However I would suggest you to check if your internet is stable or not( sometimes bad routing causes problems). Also see if there are multiple users connected on your WiFi or some background processes/malware in your phone. If none of these are the issue then your mobile network might not be stable at particular times. (That happens when user load increases on a single tower in an area). If possible check with other online games if they are stable while PokeMMO is lagging at the same time of the day.