Ponytail for Male Characters (Perhaps Doing Away with Gender-Locked Hair, Across the Board)

Soluri

Question

As the title suggests, I think it'd be nice for male characters to be allowed to use the ponytail hairstyle, too. N from Black and White is a male trainer with a ponytail, and so is Buck from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, so it always struck me as odd that this choice is excluded from the boy's customization options.

I have a male character who wears a ponytail, but currently, I have to use the female model if I want to convey that. Apart from the obviously jarring trainer profile I have (lmao), the problem there is that I don't want my clothing to turn into any of the dress alternatives that the feminine model converts those vanities into. 

I purchased a genderswap ticket that I'd love to use, but this is currently the only thing holding me back from doing so. 

Moreover, since the modern games now allow you to use any hairstyle you want, regardless of gender, I think it's strange that any hairstyles are still gender-locked in PokeMMO.

Now, I understand that some hair types were moved to one gender solely for the purpose of "balance," but . . . if all of them were available for both male and female, that'd swiftly eliminate the issue of balance, no? Makeover kits would still be purchased for a multitude of purposes, so I feel it'd be a pretty harmless quality of life update.

Edited by Soluri
Including a substantial point.

4 answers to this question

I agree with that. If game brings current mechanics to us, such as Assault gear, they're able to customize skins and let all haircuts no longer genderlocked.

And also, where i live at least, is not rare to see some Mens letting hair growth and doing Ponytails for example, also Women cutting their hair is not something new and if i recall, in Pokémon: X and Y (Anime), Serena actually cut their hair. 

I think they only will take a while to shift some textures onto opposite genders, but nothing too difficult to do, and after johto they will have a plenty of time avaliable because there is no new region to add for now(Next is Kalos, that is 3ds. They had to do miracles to compatibilize 3ds and i assume that would be impossible with the small(on amount of people) dev team that we have on game right now, because they had to code a lot of things, especially adapt some aspects of game such as Skins, to 3d models. Pokémon is not a problem, they can try to let the 2d sprites or pick the 3d models from mods.)

Edited by caioxlive13
5 hours ago, SacredDiver said:

Yes please, everyone says I look like a hobo with my luscious shaggy hairstyle. We need more options for male long hair.

The shaggy hairstyle would actually look quite nice for girls in the overworld. Maybe, since most female hairstyles are shorter.

Having no limitation of gender for hairstyles would be a nice addition, and I imagine welcomed by so many people.