Forced evolution

Hey all, old gen 1 player returning to play with a friend, trying to make my bread by training a Meowth, so far the results include 2 Persians sitting on a box due to the evolution proc before learning a new skill, rendering it impossible not to evolve the little thiefling we all love, losing the skill in the process.

The Meowth just levels up, learns a new skill and 1, 2, 3 and poof, your PERSIAN has learned X.

This happens regardless of it being wild or trainer encounters.

Any non-everstone holding fixes for this?

6 hours ago, AzureCrook said:

Hey all, old gen 1 player returning to play with a friend, trying to make my bread by training a Meowth, so far the results include 2 Persians sitting on a box due to the evolution proc before learning a new skill, rendering it impossible not to evolve the little thiefling we all love, losing the skill in the process.

The Meowth just levels up, learns a new skill and 1, 2, 3 and poof, your PERSIAN has learned X.

We all have a Persian do to the same reason xD.. just be careful and press B (or click cancel).. or buy the new item that shares exp between all the pokemon in the party (I don't recall the name) and give meowth an everstone 🙂

16 hours ago, AzureCrook said:

Hm... sounds weird...

31 minutes ago, Rache said:

I've tried but can't seem to recreate this issue. Please create a report here including what you were doing to train it, we'll look into it.

I think this was a bug that appeared on LNY event, or it's not 100% guarranted to happen. I trained my Shiny Meowth prior to the update and don't have any issue of that, the Move was learned first, and after that the evolution started, which i managed to cancel without issues.
I think the best solution if this is not programmed yet, is on the next update, make the system always check if some move has to be learned, and if has, lock the mon from evolving until all moves that he could learn at the level, have been ignored/learned and then unlock the mon to evolve.

Edited by caioxlive13