[MOD] Generation II GSC Sprites

I've wanted a mod for classic sprites for years 🙂 Unfortunately we can't mod the battle background so we get the back sprites being cut off, Has anyone out there made a full sprite sheet for back sprites in the gen 2 style? Or would it be possible to make the back sprites just the same as the front ones so we can see them properly in battle?

51 minutes ago, Spiffo said:

I've wanted a mod for classic sprites for years 🙂 Unfortunately we can't mod the battle background so we get the back sprites being cut off, Has anyone out there made a full sprite sheet for back sprites in the gen 2 style? Or would it be possible to make the back sprites just the same as the front ones so we can see them properly in battle?

I can do last option, will upload when done

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 7:25 AM, Spiffo said:

Just installed this (the back sprites replaced with front sprites). It's gorgeous. Genuinely what I've been wanting in PokéMMO for years, classic style sprites 🙂

I would happily use a pack that replaces every sprite with this style, amazing 😄

How did you replace back sprites with front sprites??? would be super nice

11 hours ago, YoungCabbage said:

How did you replace back sprites with front sprites??? would be super nice

It is in Download->Other sets->Classic Fronted
If you want to do it manually, you'd need to copy all front sprites, flip and rename 'front' part to 'back'

You use your discord? I'm working on trying some stuff atm, but only static sprites, or slowly do animated

Took 3min total, using 6 colors (one black I forgot to get rid of on the back leg) and the yellow eye hole which would be another 15-20sec. Doable, but will be a while, but doable for static and then slight modifications to give movement and then gif, I'm still learning to make gifs but am almost there

image.png.d6ff71454c2c391b880a9cbb05c61c32.png

Here are a couple looping gifs
524-front-n.gif.10c1e294f6bbfdb5c809cba857ca6a38.gif525-front-n.gif.c9d64e56c01bd000c427fb017aa0bd4c.gif

Edited by shamorunner
1 hour ago, shamorunner said:

You use your discord? I'm working on trying some stuff atm, but only static sprites, or slowly do animated

Took 3min total, using 6 colors (one black I forgot to get rid of on the back leg) and the yellow eye hole which would be another 15-20sec. Doable, but will be a while, but doable for static and then slight modifications to give movement and then gif, I'm still learning to make gifs but am almost there

image.png.d6ff71454c2c391b880a9cbb05c61c32.png

Need help reach me out

Im not pro on sprite mods but I know a little