New PokeMMO Server

Michelle

Question

10 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I believe the devs have addressed this before, but it may be time to reconsider having a secondary server for new players, and also offer a character transfer ability for reward points.

Sadly i Disagree this

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Oh? Why is that?

Look I'll tell you

Unlike other mmorpg here in Pokemmo there is no level or experience bar per character only per pokemon, which is sold and you get rid of them.

If you eliminate a character from the game and create another you start from 0, just like if you get to empty your pc of all your pokemons.

The only difference would be the completed regions.

With that said, I hope you understand that all players are Virtually the same.

Now, if you make 2 servers, you will divide the players, the Market and the population of one will decrease. The only thing it will do is massively increase the market price on both servers.

Both for not having as many farmers. And that will affect absolutely everything, although 1 stack of leppa berry costs 80k on server 2 it could cost 200k.

Edited by Heartdust
Bad English
3 hours ago, Heartdust said:

Look I'll tell you

Unlike other mmorpg here in Pokemmo there is no level or experience bar per character only per pokemon, which is sold and you get rid of them.

If you eliminate a character from the game and create another you start from 0, just like if you get to empty your pc of all your pokemons.

The only difference would be the completed regions.

With that said, I hope you understand that all players are Virtually the same.

Now, if you make 2 servers, you will divide the players, the Market and the population of one will decrease. The only thing it will do is massively increase the market price on both servers.

Both for not having as many farmers. And that will affect absolutely everything, although 1 stack of leppa berry costs 80k on server 2 it could cost 200k.

I understand your point, but this is assuming the population would split, and not grow. I have seen the queue touch 3200 waiting when trying to connect recently, and if new players didn't need to opt into a queue, it might be beneficial for the community's population overall.

Do keep in mind many players got their farming accounts into Johto after the update.
Probably to grind starters for sells in the GTL, the hours after the server's opened up the queue would go as high as 3000+ but ever since then it's gone down to roughly 500 or less.

are u trying to compare pokemmo community with WoW? 

think twice about it so many servers who needed to be merged because they died out x)

what about pve and pvp events..

its all about request and demand bad for both servers since you suggest to split up the community

[tip] donator = no queue, also IMO if u dont wanna pay dont complain that the servers are full at Patchday.

If the new players complain, why would they start at patch day? It's obvious a lot ongoing

5 hours ago, Darkoure said:

are u trying to compare pokemmo community with WoW? 

think twice about it so many servers who needed to be merged because they died out x)

what about pve and pvp events..

its all about request and demand bad for both servers since you suggest to split up the community

[tip] donator = no queue, also IMO if u dont wanna pay dont complain that the servers are full at Patchday.

If the new players complain, why would they start at patch day? It's obvious a lot ongoing

Really just looking to bring the topic up during a population spike, not trying to split anything up, as I had said above, my interest is pointed towards growth and ease of access for new players.

I understand the reservations, but I do think the topic is worth bringing up. Especially if our communities' population ever reaches a point where players are consistently needing to queue.

My real concern is towards new players who might be discouraged by the queue during large updates. While this may not be an ideal option for markets and interactivity, I personally think it's possible for the population to grow and overcome these initial concerns.

Thanks for the input! ❤️

Or simply increase server slots during popularity spikes, maybe that’s already the case who knows. Having 2 separate servers is definitely not a good idea because one will eventually die out when the dust settles. The queue is not that egregious, just gotta wait a few minutes it won’t discourage any new players. If anything it would be the opposite, they’ll learn that pokemmo still receives updates and new content and that we manage to maintain a healthy player base which might entice them more to stay

26 minutes ago, LeZenor said:

Or simply increase server slots during popularity spikes, maybe that’s already the case who knows. Having 2 separate servers is definitely not a good idea because one will eventually die out when the dust settles. The queue is not that egregious, just gotta wait a few minutes it won’t discourage any new players. If anything it would be the opposite, they’ll learn that pokemmo still receives updates and new content and that we manage to maintain a healthy player base which might entice them more to stay

These are excellent points, and certainly possible! These things have occurred before, but when that happens a server merge is also certainly possible. Things like a cross-server marketplace/matchmaking could be considered as well to alleviate any major concerns with populations. I do very much agree with you- but I also am not dissuaded from the idea that an additional server could bolster the population given time.

On 8/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, Heartdust said:

Would it be possible for there to be two servers that share the same market? Also, if there were two servers, can't you just have the game automatically pick the server for you to even out the server count for each?

Furthermore, would it be possible for one server to share a chat with the other?

Sorry if this may seem silly but I don't understand much about servers and I don't see why this could not work.