PokeMMO Damage Calculator!

On 8/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, Larks said:

Nice work ! That's huge

Thank you.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:05 PM, javitodesm88 said:

is a nice one, but can u put blank set pokes level 50 by default? they starts at level 100 😧

Ah I must have missed that. I'll take a look at it.

On 8/30/2023 at 11:15 AM, JorgeFirebolt said:

TY for the calc, good job my man, keep it up. Also, is this some open-source project or closed-code? I'm guessing it is, by reading the header part where it says "Since showdown calculator is open source....", but just asking, just in case

The repository for this is private for now.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:05 PM, javitodesm88 said:

is a nice one, but can u put blank set pokes level 50 by default? they starts at level 100 😧

Blank sets should now be level 50.

Here is a small teaser of my next project that I am working on. It is taking a while because it's being done from scratch.

Spoiler

image.png.83f953f353b4e6833022f35b528f4026.png

Edited by Gamer2020

Hi! So I just got notified about the existence of your Damage Calculator tailored to PokeMMO, so here's one thing I want to point out to make it more accurate as a suggestion:

- PokeMMO Battle Log percentage uses rules of approximation using the nearest two decimals to approximate to only one (If, for example, the damage % is 19,38%, it would show ingame as 19,4%), whereas Showdown's Damage Calculator truncates any percentage after the 1st decimal (using the same example, it would show as 19,3%).

On 9/9/2023 at 9:40 PM, TheWhiteYaksha said:

Thank you so much for this

Thank you. 

19 hours ago, hectuko said:

i love you!

Thank you. 

47 minutes ago, HiImRainer said:

Hi! So I just got notified about the existence of your Damage Calculator tailored to PokeMMO, so here's one thing I want to point out to make it more accurate as a suggestion:

- PokeMMO Battle Log percentage uses rules of approximation using the nearest two decimals to approximate to only one (If, for example, the damage % is 19,38%, it would show ingame as 19,4%), whereas Showdown's Damage Calculator truncates any percentage after the 1st decimal (using the same example, it would show as 19,3%).

Thank you, I will look into this. I would think I would want it to show the accurate number so I your example I would want it to show 19.38%

The below has been addressed but originals are left in to support sets imported from Showdown. This is done to support tools that use the PokeMMO names for sets. *Wink*

Snow Plow Ability Fixed. PokeMMO name for Slush Rush. Should be added while still retaining the original for compatibility with other tools.
Reactive Gas Fixed. PokeMMO name for Neutralizing Gas. Should be added while still retaining the original for compatibility with other tools.
Assault Gear Fixed. PokeMMO name for Assault Vest. Should be added while still retaining the original for compatibility with other tools.

On 9/14/2023 at 3:22 PM, DragoTamer said:

Good stuff

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

I've updated the code to bring in updates from the latest version of the calculator.

Most notable thing is that Neutralizing Gas/Reactive Gas now properly negates the damage from damage boosting abilities. CRTL + F5 on Chrome to refresh your cache.

I plan to do a V2 of this at some point so that the modifications made are done more professionally. (This won't concern most people as that is just about code maintenance.)

Edited by Gamer2020

Once again I’m gonna thank you for the work you’ve put into this, it’s insanely good. From just calculating damage mid battle to tinkering with stats in general for teambuilding/theory rafting, I use it almost every day. Sure, the OG one exists, but yours is so much more comfortable than to go around tweaking things like base powers and abilities manually. Loving every bit of this!!!

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2023 at 7:50 AM, Gamer2020 said:

Introduction

As someone who has been enjoying PokeMMO lately, I noticed something that the players of the game need. A damage calculator specifically for PokeMMO. While the Showdown Calculator is perfect, it is intended for the main games. Since the Showdown Calculator is open source, I decided to make a version that is adapted for PokeMMO. My hope is that this will be useful to people.

Please feel free to respond with anything that I should fix.

Link: https://pokemmocalc.gamer2020.net

Source Code: https://github.com/Gamer2020/pokemmo-calc

PokeMMOCalc.thumb.png.62ac98946e76f44703d3c37d5adec102.png

What has been done?

Item Explanation
Gen 9 Mechanics used. Calculator is set to generation 9 behind the scenes and adjustments are made where needed.
BW sets used with levels set to 50. The latest Black and White Smogon sets are used for Pokemon. These have all been set to level 50.
Pokemon introduced after Gen 5 removed. Any Pokemon after generation 5 has been removed.
Stat changes introduced in later games are kept. If a Pokemon received a stat change after generation 5, it has been kept. PokeMMO seems to follow this.
Uses Gen 5 typing. The type chart used for weakness and resistance is the one introduce in Generation 5. Pokemon who received the Fairy type in later games have had their original types restored.
Links to BW Smogon Analysis pages. When you click the Analysis page you are taken to the Black and White page for that Pokemon opposed to the generation 9 one.
Unneeded options removed. Options in the calculator that don’t exist in PokeMMO have been removed. One example is terrains.
Comb through PokeMMO patch notes for changes and apply them. The patch notes for PokeMMO have been reviewed and any mentioned changes related to damage have been applied. (Example: Sharpness)

What is planned?

Item Explanation
Remove Post Gen 5 moves. Remove moves that are not available in PokeMMO.
Remove Post Gen 5 items. Remove Items that are not available in PokeMMO
Remove Post Gen 5 abilities. Remove Abilities that are not available in PokeMMO
Add sets provided by Scorpioni. https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/160440-pokemmo-damage-calculator/&do=findComment&comment=2028083

Reported/Suggested that has been addressed.

Item Explanation
Gem Calcs should be BW damage Fixed. The damage modifier for Gems has been changed to the BW one.
Knock Off should be 20 BP Fixed.
Outrage should be 90 BP. Fixed.
Blank sets weren’t level 50. Fixed.
Snow Plow Ability Fixed. PokeMMO name for Slush Rush. Should be added while still retaining the original for compatibility with other tools.
Reactive Gas Fixed. PokeMMO name for Neutralizing Gas. Should be added while still retaining the original for compatibility with other tools.
Assault Gear Fixed. PokeMMO name for Assault Vest. Should be added while still retaining the original for compatibility with other tools.

Reported/Suggested that need to be addressed.

Item Explanation
Button to set all EVs to 85. To make calcs for random battles easier.

This is amazing! Thank you for this

Btw, did you update sharpness to latest?

Edited by Transendence
7 hours ago, Transendence said:

This is amazing! Thank you for this

Btw, did you update sharpness to latest?

Yeah should be back to 1.5 if I'm not mistaken? If it isn't let me know.