End Credits

greatvortex

Question

I don't understand why the end credits have been omitted. I would have preferred it if the end credits were left in PokeMMO, especially to credit not only the people who have helped develop each game/region at Nintendo, but also to give credit to the PokeMMO staff members.

I understand that many people do skip the end credits, but for those, like myself, who actually feel satisfied after completing the game and seeing the end credits roll in, and who want to recognize the people who helped develop the game, I would have loved it if you had kept the end credits as they were in the original games.

There's no reason that I can think of as to why they shouldn't be included. I've heard the argument that after completing a region, 'it's only just the beginning as there are more regions to explore.' I understand that, but then again, I still feel like the end credits should be included as a conclusion for one region. You always have the opportunity to proceed onto another region afterward.

I'd love to know your thoughts. I know it's a very minor thing and doesn't have a significant impact on gameplay, but it does slightly improve the player experience to a small extent. Since it's such a minor thing, that's all the more reason to include it. If players don't like watching the end credits, they can always skip them.

images.jpg.94b2b001062cec735de2aa38381c0757.jpg

Example: Sinnoh End Credits

4 answers to this question

Acknowledging that it's a such a minor thing can also be used as a reason to not add this. why would devs waste time on feature that most likely 95% of the players wont even realize is missing. You also bring up player experience to which this would not even be worth working on when so many better long term features can help the player experience in more meaningful ways.

If the end credits is something that you feel is necessary to see once you finish a region in PokeMMO you could go on youtube and look up the respective end credits and pretend like its your playthrough.

On 9/21/2023 at 8:00 PM, Requi said:

why would devs waste time on feature that most likely 95% of the players wont even realize is missing. You also bring up player experience to which this would not even be worth working on when so many better long term features can help the player experience in more meaningful ways.

The end credits is already there in the rom. Actually the developers had spent time to write the code that cut off the ending sequence.

So it wouldn't be a big deal to revert it back, if they wanna.

Now, why I think it was a right choice by the developer:

1) a MMO doesn't have an end; it doesn't fit very well conceptually.

2) the ending sequence feature character, like Lucas (see img above), Brendon, Red, etc,  who aren't the MC anymore, because character customization in pokemmo.

this's personal taste:

3) the ending credits of pokemon roms currently available in pokemmo are boring and uninteresting, with the notable exception of Emerald. That's nice.

The music instead is great.

So my proposal is this: instead of show the ending credits,  just keep the music.

As soon as you beat the champion and come back to your home, play in background the music of the ending credits.

That 'd be a nice touch, and wouldn't interfere with gameplay, It comes free from the assets of the rom, it's a waste not to have to listen in pokemmo.

4 hours ago, Proteus84 said:

The end credits is already there in the rom. Actually the developers had spent time to write the code that cut off the ending sequence.

So it wouldn't be a big deal to revert it back, if they wanna.

Now, why I think it was a right choice by the developer:

1) a MMO doesn't have an end; it doesn't fit very well conceptually.

2) the ending sequence feature character, like Lucas (see img above), Brendon, Red, etc,  who aren't the MC anymore, because character customization in pokemmo.

this's personal taste:

3) the ending credits of pokemon roms currently available in pokemmo are boring and uninteresting, with the notable exception of Emerald. That's nice.

The music instead is great.

So my proposal is this: instead of show the ending credits,  just keep the music.

As soon as you beat the champion and come back to your home, play in background the music of the ending credits.

That 'd be a nice touch, and wouldn't interfere with gameplay, It comes free from the assets of the rom, it's a waste not to have to listen in pokemmo.

I Feel like what I said about watching the end credits on youtube applies here if you really want to hear the end credit ost then you can easily find it on Youtube. I don’t have large coding knowledge so maybe i’m wrong but I assume they would have to code the end credit song to play once you beat the game. Since it would normally play in the end cutscene only.