Improved Cosmetic Toss Security

MightyMichele

Question

Hello,

I'd like to propose an improvement that could help safeguard valuable cosmetics obtained from events loots. Currently, players can accidentally toss these event cosmetics, which have significant value, due to their history and rarity.

My idea is implement a password protection system for tossing cosmetics from the bag. This password requirement would be temporary, allowing users to unlock the ability to toss them and helping prevent accidental disposals.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Best regards,
MightyMichele

5 answers to this question

I think this is a great idea

I'm a bit concerned that custom passwords from players may increase the workload of the server

I think it can be implemented like when deleting a role from an account, you need to enter 'OK to delete'

Or like when releasing Pokemon, you need to confirm the release

Edited by kuuai
1 hour ago, CaptnBaklava said:

How can you accidentally toss an item? 

I've recently tested and figured that I could toss my Traditional Chinese New Year Outfit. While it's nice to clean the bag, it's scary due to the mistakes that can happen.

There is several circumstances that can lead to unintended disposals:

1. Cleaning the bag.

For instance, this can occur when you're sorting through numerous repetitive, low-value cosmetics like the Teddy Ears with the intention of discarding them. In the midst of this process, a valuable cosmetic may be unintentionally discarded, resulting in an unintended loss.

2. Lag or Delay: Sometimes, there might be a lag or delay in the game interface. You may click to select one cosmetic for tossing, but due to lag, the game registers the click on a different item.

3. Fatigue or Distraction: If you're playing the game when you're tired or distracted, you might not pay full attention to the items you're tossing, leading to accidental selections.

4. Touchscreen Errors: On touchscreen devices, a slight touch or swipe can lead to accidental selections. This is particularly common when playing on mobile devices.

5. Misplaced Click: A misplaced click, especially during inventory management or sorting, can lead to unintentional disposal.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by MightyMichele
Teddy Ears*
13 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Hello,

I'd like to propose an improvement that could help safeguard valuable cosmetics obtained from events loots. Currently, players can accidentally toss these event cosmetics, which have significant value, due to their history and rarity.

My idea is implement a password protection system for tossing cosmetics from the bag. This password requirement would be temporary, allowing users to unlock the ability to toss them and helping prevent accidental disposals.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Best regards,
MightyMichele

This is Karma punishing you for tossing items instead of donating to noobs xd

Your problem could easily be solved by taking breaks/paying attention to what youre doing. Its not like someone is intentionally making the game lag or making you tired so that you can make mistakes, the situation is 100% in your control. If the game is lagging stop doing risky activities like listing or tossing or breeding, just logoff/close the game and come back later. 

11 hours ago, kuuai said:

I think it can be implemented like when deleting a role from an account, you need to enter 'OK to delete'

Or like when releasing Pokemon, you need to confirm the release

We already have this in the game though

image.thumb.png.5be7ca0241f6d4ddbb2352bc5ae42f40.png

image.png.ec782dfa0dd526eddaba9165de6591ef.png

If they implemented this for tossing items it would be more tedious than it is now

image.png.876db169947db301cfd89be47c828d0c.png

I do however hope to see means to make mass tossing of items less tedious. They can add a bin window to place the items you want to delete something like this

image.thumb.png.1247c430f36565d414da600d4f6833f6.png

They would need to add multiselect for items too though.