Make events great again

Arthib

Question

We didn't have the anniversary event we'd been teased with. 
Then now we have this Halloween event that's been exactly the same for years.

Would it be too much to ask for something new? Or are you only interested in collecting money from those who take a few RPs to buy limited cosmetics?
I've found the game deadly boring for some time now, and I was hoping this Halloween event would bring something new and interesting.

I don't understand how you can offer such a lousy event several years in a row.

That's why I'm suggesting we stop doing the same boring events over and over again and create new ones, with new gameplay mechanics.

Why do we fight alone against a soulless pumpkin every year?
Why the only community approach to this event is to share locations... (it's an mmorpg guys... MMOrpg)
Why don't we all fight together in a huge raid to defend the regions from the invasions of an evil organization or something like this?
Why don't we have a dungeon, a raid, a story, something, anything? 

The announcement of this event is what brought me back to the game. Seeing that there's nothing new is what made me run away again.

Please, make events great again.

Edited by Arthib
layout

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Arthib said:

We didn't have the anniversary event we'd been teased with. 
Then now we have this Halloween event that's been exactly the same for years.

Would it be too much to ask for something new? Or are you only interested in collecting money from those who take a few RPs to buy limited cosmetics?
I've found the game deadly boring for some time now, and I was hoping this Halloween event would bring something new and interesting.

I don't understand how you can offer such a lousy event several years in a row.

That's why I'm suggesting we stop doing the same boring events over and over again and create new ones, with new gameplay mechanics.

Why do we fight alone against a soulless pumpkin every year?
Why the only community approach to this event is to share locations... (it's an mmorpg guys... MMOrpg)
Why don't we all fight together in a huge raid to defend the regions from the invasions of an evil organization or something like this?
Why don't we have a dungeon, a raid, a story, something, anything? 

The announcement of this event is what brought me back to the game. Seeing that there's nothing new is what made me run away again.

Please, make events great again.

We can't blame the devs, they promissed a new feature on MMO's Anniversary event. Problem came when johto released, due to some problems they had to postpone the event. Now, even with 20 days - 30 days to deliver the Halloween event, they could've literally ctrl-c/ctrl-v the entire event from last year, and keep developing the feature promissed, but they came and make things right, even make brand new animations to the pumpking's moves, added new cosmetics with well-worked animations. They're just overloaded because they had to launch multiple things at a time. 

What us, players, need to do, is have patience. Johto we waited a lot. There are it, on the game. They will give the things they promissed to us, but we need to wait and let them do their job.

I can definitely understand getting frustrated sometimes over feeling like things are missing in the game or that things get recycled but for me at least I feel like this frustration comes from my love for the game. It's more of a "damn, thus is so close to being the ultimate pokemon experience. If they only added these last few things it would be perfect." The truth is tho that most of us don't actually know how much work it takes to run a game like this and how difficult it could possibly be, especially for an mmo. The other thing in mind is there's probably costs involved with every move they make. I've wondered why some of the tiles on the outside of certain areas can sometimes look weird for example with random water tiles that join to a cliff, etc. But it's probably because if they were to actually make that look proper, they would have to put someone to work in order to do so, which costs money and plus it might cause other bugs throughout the game so it's just not worth it.

Edited by Markgov