[NU] PGS II's Warm-up #3 (Sunday, 12th November)

Cosmooth

PokeMMO_Grand_Slam_Logo.thumb.png.a78d0fd29a91bcb06c9ae6435d8dc9bd.png

PGS II's Warm-up #3

Host : PGSII

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 32 Players | Sign Up Fees : 50,000 ₽  6v6 NU

Date

Sunday, 12th November 2023

Time

21:00 UTC | 13:00 PT | 05:00 CST (Monday 13th) | Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO 

Tournament Clauses Explained

NU Ban List

• Pokemon in the NeverUsed and Untiered tiers are valid.
  • Pokemon in the Ubers, OverUsed, and UnderUsed tiers cannot be used.
  • The in-game Pokedex contains filters for competitive tiers. You can view any additional bans by opening the PvP menu -> Matchmaking Signup -> Bans.

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place Prize

1,000,000 ₽

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place Prize

400,000 ₽

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd-4th Place Prize

100,000 ₽

30 minutes ago, PGS said:

The schedule is 6 tournaments, like last year. But no qualifiers automated this time.

So currently these are 'warm up' tournaments - how many of these are there going to be? Doesn't it make sense to just host these as 'qualifying' tournaments and then just begin the actual tournament as soon as possible?

It feels like this event is just dragging on and there's no actual 'purpose', whereas with the other tournaments players actually know what the aim of the tournament is (e.g. TCL is to see who has the best team, PCL is a gimmick event but also competitive, PSL is to identify the most experienced individuals etc...) - I don't see this with PGS/grand slam/whatever it is anymore.

Hace 5 horas, Imperial dijo:

Así que actualmente estos son torneos de "calentamiento", ¿cuántos de estos van a haber? ¿No tiene sentido organizar estos como torneos de "calificación" y luego comenzar el torneo real lo antes posible?

Parece que este evento se está prolongando y no hay un "propósito" real, mientras que con los otros torneos los jugadores realmente saben cuál es el objetivo del torneo (p. ej. TCL es para ver quién tiene el mejor equipo, PCL es un evento de truco pero también competitivo, PSL es para identificar a las personas más experimentadas, etc.) - Ya no veo esto con PGS/grand slam/lo que sea.

because it is an event that no one cares about only caioxlive and its multiple personalities

On 11/8/2023 at 7:29 PM, Imperial said:

So currently these are 'warm up' tournaments - how many of these are there going to be? Doesn't it make sense to just host these as 'qualifying' tournaments and then just begin the actual tournament as soon as possible?

The idea is the opposite. I schedule to host, to avoid someone taking the window, then host the tour to delay the event a bit. The idea is to delay the event to start on December/January, so i can in case of having no donations, farm myself the money for the tour. Also this works as sponsorship for the tour as well.

The warm-ups are 6 only. I decide to keep them from last year, reason above , but i doesn't consider them as qualifier because they're automated, and for this edition onwards qualifiers has to be livetours, can't be automated.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:29 PM, Imperial said:

It feels like this event is just dragging on and there's no actual 'purpose', whereas with the other tournaments players actually know what the aim of the tournament is (e.g. TCL is to see who has the best team, PCL is a gimmick event but also competitive, PSL is to identify the most experienced individuals etc...) - I don't see this with PGS/grand slam/whatever it is anymore.

The tour's objective is to find which one is the best player from the Singles Formats. 

Edited by PGS
13 minutes ago, PGS said:

The idea is the opposite. I schedule to host, to avoid someone taking the window, then host the tour to delay the event a bit. The idea is to delay the event to start on December/January, so i can in case of having no donations, farm myself the money for the tour. Also this works as sponsorship for the tour as well.

The warm-ups are 6 only. I decide to keep them from last year, reason above , but i doesn't consider them as qualifier because they're automated, and for this edition onwards qualifiers has to be livetours, can't be automated.

The tour's objective is to find which one is the best player from the Singles Formats. 

I will just end this conversation by stating some points for you to consider:

• People are going to be focusing on TCL and PCL, before PSL likely begins in the new year. Both competitions include UT as a format, and both have good prize pools which is a huge motivation for people participating as these events tend to take a good 2 months and lots of commitment
  • If the 6 warm-ups include 6 for each tier, then I personally wouldn't bother. People will probably consider these as a smaller upgrade to Community Combats, and many just use those to test their teams since UU/NU ladder is usually dead
  • If you want people to gain interest in the competition, you should realistically hope for a donation of at least 30-50m depending on how many winners and participants there will be
  • Regarding the tour's objective, Luke is already hosting one for OU which has a lot of well established players

If you're willing to spend your time organising this that's fair enough, it's your choice, and I may participate if I have time, but if you're left scratching your head wondering why nobody cares about this competition, just consider the points above.

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

• Regarding the tour's objective, Luke is already hosting one for OU which has a lot of well established players

There is some diferences between Slam and OUvitational. First is most obvious, the OUvitational look for the best OU player, while the slam looks for the best players of singles formats overall. Second is the qualification: While OUvitational is invite-based, and by so only the players that are the best in the vision of the host and their council can enter(Meaning majority of community and even some good players that are not bad but doesn't get a invite because either you see less on ladder and appear only for specific events, or are just overshadowed by some other players, would be out of the tour), PGS is open-entry, meaning anyone can join and prove that are the best. Some player that maybe did not get invited to OUvitational, due to be unknown (by not competing in big tours since it could be a player that joined right after one ended, or just arrived recently but came from Smogon), can perform better on Slam, than players that was actually invited

Also, the warm ups are 6 only, 2 per tier. If we had LC and Untiered as options to do warm-ups automated, then i would do 5(only one for each tier.)

Edited by PGS