Legendary Beasts Sink and their Shiny odds

Irvore

Question

The number of Legendary Beasts coming into the game won’t get any less. We’re already having 8 pages of Suicunes in the GTL.

Maybe it’s too early to make a proposal like this but knowing the rise in numbers of Legendary Beasts and MOST of us not getting a shiny one in our lifetimes I thought it’d be nice to have an NPC or something of that kind that we can trade Legendary Beasts into to get another 1/30000 shot at receiving a shiny one in return.

Gambled beasts would be erased with no return once turned in. This would give Legendary Beasts a stable pricing and dedicated and rich shiny hunters can give it a shot at gambling for a potential shiny return.

This may encourage gambling on the game but then again, we already have slots and event bags.

Edited by Irvore
More Clarification

4 answers to this question

Hello, not sure if I should answer or just try an own topic.

Iirc the chance is not 1:30k for legendary, its a bit higher,  

"a stable pricing" that definetly wont happen.

Lets say alot of players go for a reroll and do 4-5 tries, you can only catch one per month and only if you´re willing to hunt it - the demand cannot keep up

they will get extinct really really fast.

Instead trying to make profit out of it once again with snipes or another gamble   - they could add a %chance with each encounter or catch you do, the chance rises overall for all legendaries or each individually  until it gets  Shiny and resets. (like 0,3% per month or so)

hopefully in the future more legendaries will be implemented like the birds or sinnoh guardians , so people can decide what to hunt and not everyone is hunting the same Legendary, if they spawn simultaneously in their own region, the price will fall and rise depends on the popularity each month or catch rate.

But yea this Idea does not  include an Option like yours to get rid off the duplicates you gonna catch overtime.

Maybe one NPC/ Vendor is not that bad of a thought! But if so, imo the NPC needs to take your own OT´s and instead of a shiny chance reroll, you get a Vanity that looks similar to the Legendary you gave him and only after feeding him a few of them like 5 OT´s - so its a grind to archieve.

Edited by Darkoure

Here is a spin of your idea. Every legendary you turn into the Baron will increase your shiny odds for your next shiny legendary. If I turn in 5 suicunes into the Baron, my shiny rate for the legendary dogs will go to 1/29995 (I realize this is insignificant, but that's the point). As soon as I encounter a shiny beast, my "legendary shiny rate" will reset back to 1/30000 until I sacrifice some more doggos. This will give a sink for the legendaries, and give those with the capital available to work towards something ridiculously expensive. The devs have already admitted that they have adjusted the shiny rate for the beasts, so that people would "actually get them". I believe this aligns with the devs goals, and helps control the prices of the legendaries.

16 hours ago, ChihuahuanRaven said:

Here is a spin of your idea. Every legendary you turn into the Baron will increase your shiny odds for your next shiny legendary. If I turn in 5 suicunes into the Baron, my shiny rate for the legendary dogs will go to 1/29995 (I realize this is insignificant, but that's the point). As soon as I encounter a shiny beast, my "legendary shiny rate" will reset back to 1/30000 until I sacrifice some more doggos. This will give a sink for the legendaries, and give those with the capital available to work towards something ridiculously expensive. The devs have already admitted that they have adjusted the shiny rate for the beasts, so that people would "actually get them". I believe this aligns with the devs goals, and helps control the prices of the legendaries.

doubt that this will work but what if if you send Legendaries to Baron Moray will temporarily change the shiny rate for all of mons, not just Legendaries?