No Zapdos in the power plant?

Hello everyone,

I've only been playing Pokemmo (Fire Red) for almost 20 hours and I'm currently at the Power Plant after the 7th Order.

But I can't find Zapdos here?

But I have seen online players running around with Zapdos.

Did I do something wrong or are there only certain time periods when you can catch these Pokémon as an event distribution?

The same applies to lavados, which also did not exist on the island.

I hope someone can help me.

You cannot catch the static birds. They rotate on a monthly rotation in Kanto after u obtained 8 badges there. Catchable outdoors in Kanto, each month another. This month is Zapdos. Same goes for legendary beasts in Johto after having defeated the Ho-oh Boss battle. Shaymin is Chinese New Year event only. At this point u cannot keep any other legendary permanently. There's one king of the hill uber legendary per region which u can find and keep until you log out or lose a duel (you're forced to accept duels then), these being Mewtwo, Lugia, Rayquaza, Keldeo and Arceus. U can get Zekrom in story, afterwards, it becomes unusable. The other legendaries are either boss battles or not implemented to be caught (yet).

Edited by Gruul

Zapdos can go wild once you deliver the Ruby and Sapphire to the islands. Back when the game was released in 2012, we had a Zapdos at the end of the Power Plant, then they removed it, it should come out in there but no, you can only get it on the grass and in the water using Surf. Outside the caves and during the month that that bird comes out (in this month you can find Zapdos), the next month it will be Moltres and the next Articuno, thus in an endless cycle for now.

4 hours ago, Deliburd said:

Zapdos can go wild once you deliver the Ruby and Sapphire to the islands. Back when the game was released in 2012, we had a Zapdos at the end of the Power Plant, then they removed it, it should come out in there but no, you can only get it on the grass and in the water using Surf. Outside the caves and during the month that that bird comes out (in this month you can find Zapdos), the next month it will be Moltres and the next Articuno, thus in an endless cycle for now.

Can someone show a trustworthy source (aka devs) for the whole “you need to complete the Sevii storyline” thing because I keep seeing people randomly mention it here when we’ve been told from day 1 that 8 badges is all that’s needed.

@Rache @Kyu hi hello can you help us with this