PokeMMO Video Contest Winners

for those who are complaining and stuff. The result are in and nothing can be changed, who should win and who had better video is a matter of opinion. But in this case the only opinion that matter is the jugde and it's done. So wither you disagree or agree this these result you have to accept it and just congrats the people instead of complaining about something that is over.

[quote name='DoctorPBC' timestamp='1364974081' post='262899']
EDIT: Also disgusted by the fact that a staff member is trying to defend it. But that is a different story.
[/quote]

We have a sense of humor, it was quite clear in the video that it was indeed a light hearted joke.
If you were offended by it, then that sucks, but it was still a joke, and we were able to see that.

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1365003922' post='263382']
We have a sense of humor, it was quite clear in the video that it was indeed a light hearted joke.
If you were offended by it, then that sucks, but it was still a joke, and we were able to see that.
[/quote]
Pewdiepie makes rape jokes, does that mean anyone following him has "a sense of humour"?

[quote name='TheGloriousWalrus' timestamp='1365004044' post='263388']
Pewdiepie makes rape jokes, does that mean anyone following him has "a sense of humour"?
[/quote]

Literally predicted that sentence before it even arose.

No, because he does it completely out of context, where in-game there is a part of the game that could be depicted as 'touching a little girl' in the form of the Hypno subquest.

The video contest main objective was to show all the features of the game in 1-10 minutes. Since that was the main objective, you basically needed to show a video showing all of the features in the game. A lot of people assumed making some sort of video in an advertisement approach, but the staff were looking for something that was informative over exciting. Most videos lacked showing all the main features and to be honest, having an update during the video contest did change a lot of the content. Skazord seemed to be the only one that followed making a fully infomative video over exciting, and although it's not a "popular" favorite by the users, that's all you really needed to do. I honestly liked Dahaka's video the most, but obviously the staff wanted something mature. It also seems that the second highest value points they gave was to mature videos and those that did not fool around with making it over the top. So if your video was like Skazord's which was mature and followed the objective you would have scored high. The aesthetics and sound choice were just the icing on the cake.

Congrats to the winners...

I have to say tho, the prizes for this tournament are absolutely rediculous. People like myself have played this game for a year and completely grinded our asses off and still don't have a shiny lapras or the like. And that's grinding and trading and playing 8 hours a day for months. Yet a couple come swooping in, make a video and get rewarded something THAT extreme. Believe it or not, I'm not complaining just pointing out what unfairly, unjust shit that is.

In the end I don't care. Truly. But you guys definitely phucked up on the prizes. Illogical gon illogic.

[quote name='AestheticsBrah' timestamp='1365009285' post='263538']

I have to say tho, the prizes for this tournament are absolutely rediculous. People like myself have played this game for a year and completely grinded our asses off and still don't have a shiny lapras or the like. And that's grinding and trading and playing 8 hours a day for months. Yet a couple come swooping in, make a video and get rewarded something THAT extreme. Believe it or not, I'm not complaining just pointing out what unfairly, unjust shit that is.

In the end I don't care. Truly. But you guys definitely phucked up on the prizes. Illogical gon illogic.
[/quote]

Lift more Brah you might get that shiny you were looking for.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Yet a couple come swooping in, make a video and get rewarded something THAT extreme.[/font][/color]
I'm not complaining just pointing out what unfairly, unjust shit that is.
[/quote]

How is it unfair, if everyone had an equal chance make a great video, submit it, and to win?

[/quote]

Somewhat agree. However, in this contest, people are tied to their skill only, while if you're playing, you're tied to RNG.

Believe it or not, I have a shiny Slugma only. I've seen 1 shiny since I started playing back in early August, playing almost every day, 550 hours or something near that.

The Slugma was a gift from Amanu. The shiny I saw, I had to kill because I had my party full, and back in August, we didn't get Box transfers while catching.

I hate to be that guy, especially, since I won, but:

[spoiler]check your priviledges[/spoiler]

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1365009566' post='263550']

I think he's referring to those that play tournaments don't get a prize as great as that.
[/quote]

Yep. I'm glad several people in here understand. Even skazord admits its slightly unfair I'm impressed.

The sad part was the only person that doesn't know how to read was squirtle as he thought my post was about getting a great shiny. Strong reading comprehension fail.

As I said what's done is done I don't care. The problem was the BALANCE of the prizes. And to proffesorelderberry, no offense, but I'm guessing you are really young still. (My bad if I'm wrong). You miss the point I'm making. What's done is done its over now. But in the future, extreme random prizes like this should be contemplated for more than 6 seconds.

The same "goal" of this contest would've been achieved by offering a shiny staryu or the like for 1st. They went overboard.

Also, even in a tournament I and others can enter, I still wouldn't want prizes like this. Its WAY to extreme for 1 event.

As conservative as the devs have been so far, which I admire, with things such as altering cave cycles, E4 cooldowns and such (which is intelligent and saved the game BTW), I just don't see what kind of substance made them think this was logical.