[Denied]Change GameCorner payouts

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1365730086' post='280068']
That was actually the least important part of the post. And the question was rhetorical, answering it was pointless.
[/quote]
It was the most relevant part of your post to the thread, therefore the other parts were irrelevant to your argument, even if it is true.
Also, there's a reason there is a suggestion box, we can suggest what we want, and if the higher-ups don't like it, they will tell us
And i answered it because other people might actually want to know the answer to that question.

[quote name='shadowjrg2' timestamp='1365730545' post='280092']
It was the most relevant part of your post to the thread, therefore the other parts were irrelevant to your argument, even if it is true.
Also, there's a reason there is a suggestion box, we can suggest what we want, and if the higher-ups don't like it, they will tell us
And i answered it because other people might actually want to know the answer to that question.
[/quote]
[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1365720538' post='279601']
FACT: I hate the slot grinding, however I support the developers decision to keep the slots as they are as I know there are more games coming.

Rather then making threads suggesting to change the slots (or anything that isn't going to be changed), everyone should really be suggesting fun minigames that the developers could introduce to the Game Corner.
[/quote]

^ Most relevant part and most important part.^

It was the [b]most relevant part [/b]of your post to the thread, [b]therefore[/b] the [b]other parts were irrelevant [/b]to your argument, even if it is true.
[/quote]

You misused 'therefore', just because something is more relevant then something else, doesn't mean the something else is irrelevant.

[/quote]

You can suggest what you want, and I can advise against repeat suggestions if I want. You can disagree and we can discuss it. That is the process that led us to this point.
((I'm not really sure what point you are 'Also'ing to, I assume it's the last part because if it's referring to what I aimed at Skazord then you've misunderstood the difference between demanding and suggesting.))

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1365732634' post='280169']
^ Most relevant part and most important part.^

You misused 'therefore', just because something is more relevant then something else, doesn't mean the something else is irrelevant.

You can suggest what you want, and I can advise against repeat suggestions if I want. You can disagree and we can discuss it. That is the process that led us to this point.
((I'm not really sure what point you are 'Also'ing to, I assume it's the last part because if it's referring to what I aimed at Skazord then you've misunderstood the difference between demanding and suggesting.))
[/quote]
i used also because i edited it in, and i may have used therefore incorrectly, but your arguement was irrelevant.
I also may have been wrong about the rest being irrelevant.

I know what you feel guys...
I'd like to see an hard but catchy minigame too, that actually takes effort to play (and rewards you good maybe? But probably I'm asking too much), rather than a simple 2 buttons smashing game that's a time sink.
This way item prices would still retain their value but it would be funnier (and not necessarily easier!) ;)
[b]Anyway[/b] guys, we have to deal with the fact that the developers are not bots but humans like us and programming is [b]NOT[/b] easy nor fast either. It takes actually time to code things like that and they have to deal with scripts limitations too. Remember that the game is still in Alpha stage too (as previously stated by another one), let them take their time and I'm sure we'll be happy with the outcome ;)
The best (and only) thing we can do right now is to keep suggesting so let's continue doing so ;)

I keep hearing that you HAVE to grind the slots. Why can you not go catch a competitive IV'd Pokemon and trade it for said TMs? Or something of equal value that does involve Pokemon. I know players who are terrible at grinding Pokemon but they go grind shinies and trade for their team. The slots don't have to be for everyone.

[quote name='shadowjrg2' timestamp='1365733692' post='280196']
i used also because i edited it in, and i may have used therefore incorrectly, but your arguement was irrelevant.
I also may have been wrong about the rest being irrelevant.
[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote name='Thoth' timestamp='1365752035' post='280544']
I keep hearing that you HAVE to grind the slots. Why can you not go catch a competitive IV'd Pokemon and trade it for said TMs? Or something of equal value that does involve Pokemon. I know players who are terrible at grinding Pokemon but they go grind shinies and trade for their team. The slots don't have to be for everyone.
[/quote]

Either way, we HAVE to do something very time consuming and extremely boring. What we want is something that doesn't make us rip our hair out and is entertaining at the same time. Plus, we want the TM's for the competitive IV'd pokemon we just caught.

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1365720538' post='279601']
Rather then making threads suggesting to change the slots (or anything that isn't going to be changed), everyone should really be suggesting fun minigames that the developers could introduce to the Game Corner. I would like to see the suggestions everyone makes for minigames they'd like to see/play.
[/quote]

Have you been on Suggestions lately? Because multiple suggestions to gain GC coins, such as side-quests and random events have been popping up every week. All we get is a "eventually we'll add more games" and "it's because this is an MMO, you're forced to grind". What do we have so far? Nothing.

I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew this stuff was coming soon. As in, 1 month, tops. But with the updates taking longer and longer each time we get one, I might aswell wait until May or maybe even July for the next one. And even then, what guarantees that we'll get the much needed change or implementation? This problem is still here, and we have nothing concrete that tells us that we're getting a fix soon. Words aren't enough anymore. I thought that was pretty clear.

[quote name='Thoth' timestamp='1365752035' post='280544']
[/quote]

This is what most people are starting to do right now. And guess what? More and more will do this, and eventually, we'll have a majority of the people doing this. And then what? I'm seeing people trading COMPLETE competitive pokemon (leveled, good IV's, EV trained, moveset ready - completely ready to go and play in a tournament) for a couple TMs. TMs will soon be worth more than a ready-to-go pokemon. And this inflation is simply unimaginable and makes no sense at all.

[quote name='Halvaard' timestamp='1365779838' post='281015']
Pokemon, and generally all games, are time-sinks.
If you want the good item/pokemon/armor/whatever you've got to put in time and work VS that RNG.
[/quote]

Then at least make it entertaining. I don't want to be pushed to the brink of insanity just for a damn TM. And I know we have "Eventually[b]™[/b]" but it's ALWAYS been eventually. When is eventually?

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365779064' post='280994']
This is what most people are starting to do right now. And guess what? More and more will do this, and eventually, we'll have a majority of the people doing this. And then what? I'm seeing people trading COMPLETE competitive pokemon (leveled, good IV's, EV trained, moveset ready - completely ready to go and play in a tournament) for a couple TMs. TMs will soon be worth more than a ready-to-go pokemon. And this inflation is simply unimaginable and makes no sense at all.
[/quote]
not really.i think it will find a balance point on the pokemmo market.

Have you been on Suggestions lately? Because multiple suggestions to gain GC coins, such as side-quests and random events have been popping up every week. All we get is a "eventually we'll add more games" and "it's because this is an MMO, you're forced to grind". What do we have so far? Nothing.
[/quote]
When the game corner first came out there were lots of suggestions for alternatives ways to gain to GC coins, then the interest in them died out, the update after that, which is the current update, restarted all the suggestion threads regarding GC coins.
So you're ideas get shot down because the Developers have other plans, do you want the Developers to say: "yes sir, ofcourse sir, three bags full sir." to every suggestion? You suggested something, they said they are not going to add it and have another solution. Accept it and move on, they're not going to change their minds.

I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew this stuff was coming soon. As in, 1 month, tops. But with the updates taking longer and longer each time we get one, I might aswell wait until May or maybe even July for the next one. And even then, what guarantees that we'll get the much needed change or implementation? This problem is still here, and we have nothing concrete that tells us that we're getting a fix soon. Words aren't enough anymore. I thought that was pretty clear.
[/quote]

This would still take until the next update (or even later), you're going to be waiting either way. As Darkshade already said, they gave us access to the Game Corner because it was a feature that players had been looking forward to a long time, they considered it better to have the Gamecorner with just the one game rather then not at all.
So be glad we even got the Game Corner in the first place. The next update to the Game Corner is most likely going to be more games, if they were to change the game corner in some other way then that change would replace the addition of the games that would have come out then. You're not getting content quicker this way, you're pushing back the real content for your quick fixes.

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1365849476' post='282808']
When the game corner first came out there were lots of suggestions for alternatives ways to gain to GC coins, then the interest in them died out, the update after that, which is the current update, restarted all the suggestion threads regarding GC coins.
So you're ideas get shot down because the Developers have other plans, do you want the Developers to say: "yes sir, ofcourse sir, three bags full sir." to every suggestion? You suggested something, they said they are not going to add it and have another solution. Accept it and move on, they're not going to change their minds.
[/quote]

How is that a valid argument? Just because it had been released recently, all of a sudden suggestions to improve it are bad and not valid?

And why do you refer to my suggestion as if it was the only one to have been made? I wasn't the only one. Did you see how much support this thread got? Did you see how much people were actually mad at this? The forums are just a fraction of the playerbase. Not to mention that a lot of people already quit the game because of this, I could give you at least 4-5 names out of the top of the head that used to be competitive players that would play in most tournaments. And the playerbase that will always stick to the game, no matter how much you try to fight it, is the competitive playerbase, not the casual gamer that plays through and leaves when they have nothing else to do.

Also, I browsed a few pages on suggestions, and I probably missed some, but here you go:

[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16187-selling-useless-items-for-gc-coins-also-a-solution-to-selling/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16187-selling-useless-items-for-gc-coins-also-a-solution-to-selling/[/url]
[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/18488-pokemon-redemption-the-gc-solution/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/18488-pokemon-redemption-the-gc-solution/[/url]
[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/13818-making-gc-coins-via-nuggets/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/13818-making-gc-coins-via-nuggets/[/url]
[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16823-lower-price-of-tm10-hidden-power-or-implement-hidden-power-guy/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16823-lower-price-of-tm10-hidden-power-or-implement-hidden-power-guy/[/url]
[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/13093-you-already-have-enough-coins-let-us-buy-up-to-1000-coins/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/13093-you-already-have-enough-coins-let-us-buy-up-to-1000-coins/[/url]
[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16831-trade-restriction-lifted-on-starters/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16831-trade-restriction-lifted-on-starters/[/url]
[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16978-buy-max-button-in-gc/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16978-buy-max-button-in-gc/[/url]

All of these are suggestions to improve or better the GC. Some of them extreme, I agree. But still, shows that people are not happy with the current system. And again, WORDS ARE NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE. A pat in the back and saying "we'll take care of it, just chill" is not enough. Nothing has been done for months. In fact, they're adding stuff to the GC that originally wasn't even in the GC for RIDICULOUS prices (Hidden Power and Return - both of these were obtainable for 1000$ pokedollars and Tutor, respectively). The players are unhappy. What will we do about it? Add necessary stuff to it, and make it even harder to get than the other ones.

[quote]
This would still take until the next update (or even later), you're going to be waiting either way. As Darkshade already said, they gave us access to the Game Corner because it was a feature that players had been looking forward to a long time, they considered it better to have the Gamecorner with just the one game rather then not at all.
So be glad we even got the Game Corner in the first place. The next update to the Game Corner is most likely going to be more games, if they were to change the game corner in some other way then that change would replace the addition of the games that would have come out then. You're not getting content quicker this way, you're pushing back the real content for your quick fixes.
[/quote]

Have you seen how long updates have been taking? Do you know how often they used to update a few months ago? We've gone from every week something small or interesting, which would keep the players interested to every 1-2 months something big that gets old fast anyway and drives players away.

Those games that we've been promised when the GC was released are nowhere to be seen. We don't even know if they're working on those. On such a heavy matter, where a great majority of the community is unhappy, all we get is some Global Moderator that somehow is in charge of stuff basically saying that we don't get to suggest anything regarding this matter, and that we shouldn't even try, because they have it all figured out. Where is that, then? I don't see anything, and it's been months.

I'm not saying that they should keep it permanently as I said. I honestly think it should. Because a 1 hour grind for 1 TM only is still too much. Right now, we're grinding for longer than that, and it's stupid.

I don't care if you like being spoonfed or something, but right now, you're getting your content every 1-2 months, and it's not enough to keep people playing for 1 week. These "quick fixes" as you call them, would actually bring some people back, and keep others playing. But as it stands, with only the promise of more words and little to no content being shown, I myself start questioning if I should keep playing daily (which to be honest, isn't daily anymore, because it gets boring too fast) or if I should just come around on update times.

It's simply not worth playing the game right now.

[quote name='ArmisticeAcropolis' timestamp='1365863837' post='283045']
This is a great idea, and in 5 pages of debate I have yet to see a valid argument as to why this shouldn't be implemented

Unfortunately however, I doubt the devs will agree
[/quote]

Nice try acting like you decide whats valid or not.

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365859148' post='282924']
How is that a valid argument? Just because it had been released recently, all of a sudden suggestions to improve it are bad and not valid?
[/quote]

That wasn't an arguement, you asked if I'd been watching the suggestions forum and I posted the recent events regarding the GC threads to show that I have been watching them.

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365859148' post='282924']
And why do you refer to my suggestion as if it was the only one to have been made? I wasn't the only one. Did you see how much support this thread got? Did you see how much people were actually mad at this? The forums are just a fraction of the playerbase. Not to mention that a lot of people already quit the game because of this, I could give you at least 4-5 names out of the top of the head that used to be competitive players that would play in most tournaments. And the playerbase that will always stick to the game, no matter how much you try to fight it, is the competitive playerbase, not the casual gamer that plays through and leaves when they have nothing else to do.

Also, I browsed a few pages on suggestions, and I probably missed some, but here you go:
[List of threads plus the same thing you've been repeating in the thread]
[/quote]

I did not intend to refer that your thread was the only one, we were discussing your thread so I stuck to the thread at hand.

Did you see how much opposition this thread got? Did you see how much people were actually ok at this? The forums are just a fraction of the playerbase.
I changed a few words and now it means the opposite, but is still true when we talk about this thread. You can't predict how many people in game support or oppose a suggestion when only a fraction actually post about them, and that fraction is divided on their opinion.

I'm just going to put this out there, I play the game casually and have been around since August, I have yet to even consider leaving the game.

[quote name='ArmisticeAcropolis' timestamp='1365863837' post='283045']
This is a great idea, and in 5 pages of debate I have yet to see a valid argument as to why this should be implemented
[/quote]

Fixed this for you.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365874462' post='283270']
Nice try acting like you decide whats valid or not.
[/quote]

>Implying you decide what's valid since you obviously disagree

Whether something is a valid argument or not is clearly opinionated, good job

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365627890' post='277469']
Cherrys are often the difference between gaining coins or losing coins for me, I do not agree that they should be removed.
[/quote]

According to you, this is a "valid" argument. Nice logic.