[Denied]Redeeming Pokemon for Game Corner coins

We're all trying to think up fixes to the GC system, right? Here's my fix.

You should be able to turn pokemon into a new NPC at the GC desk. Upon talking to him, he will say, "What pokemon do you want to redeem for coins?". You will then be able to select pokemon from your party to turn in for coins. You can only turn in pokemon that are purchasable at the GC with coins. Payouts would range from 15-100 coins, depending on the cost of the pokemon in the GC. (Abra could be 15 coins, while a porygon would be 100 coins) Redemption would also ignore the 1000 coin purchase limit. The Redemption system still requires grinding to get coins. It also makes perfect canonical sense, as to how the GC gets its pokemon.

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdvcy9i51y1qkl38d.gif[/img]

only pokemons that cost more than 1000 and in average take more time to farm than it would take to just do the slots.

Basically a Dratini could be 25 coins and it will be handed in if you decide to sell it
A scyther 40
A Pinsir 40
A chansey 40
So on.

Capture time must be later than when this was implemented so that I cant cash in my 3 boxes with useless chanseys from way back into useful coins etc

You could even add that if you aren't the OT the deskgirl wont buy it. That way we still have to do the farming here and it is really not worth the trouble to go and farm for the gamecorner coins but is an alternative for those that prefer catching pokemons although taking more time.

[quote name='Volpi' timestamp='1365684125' post='278639']
only pokemons that cost more than 1000 and in average take more time to farm than it would take to just do the slots.

Basically a Dratini could be 25 coins and it will be handed in if you decide to sell it
A scyther 40
A Pinsir 40
A chansey 40
So on.

Capture time must be later than when this was implemented so that I cant cash in my 3 boxes with useless chanseys from way back into useful coins etc

You could even add that if you aren't the OT the deskgirl wont buy it. That way we still have to do the farming here and it is really not worth the trouble to go and farm for the gamecorner coins but is an alternative for those that prefer catching pokemons although taking more time.
[/quote]
I like this.

This isn't a bad idea at all. I like how Volpi immediately addressed the concern about exploiting this by having a box full of Clefairy. Plus the payouts being so low would require you to either grind the slots or farm out Pokemon, and both of those are time sinks either way since most of the Pokemon in the GC are rare in the first place.

+1000000000000000000000000

My issue with it is people could potentially be getting great pokemon while gaining coins. My suggestion if something like this were done which I am still not necessarily in support of is you have to trade the pokemon in in order they were caught, newest to oldest. So if you don't trade in that good whatever you can't trade in the bad ones you caught before it either.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365712074' post='279339']
My issue with it is people could potentially be getting great pokemon while gaining coins. My suggestion if something like this were done which I am still not necessarily in support of is you have to trade the pokemon in in order they were caught, newest to oldest. So if you don't trade in that good whatever you can't trade in the bad ones you caught before it either.
[/quote]

So what are you worried about again? Is it that someone could potentially get a godly Pokemon from the GC Prize Center or is it that someone could potentially catch a godly Pokemon while farming for coins?

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365712074' post='279339']
[/quote]

Oh you certainly would get some amazing pokemon by the time you are done farming for a GC prize by using the price list I suggested.

1000 coins to start with would mean I miss 5000 coins for my precious Hidden Power tm.
40 coins per chansey/tauros/pinsir/scyther/kangaskhan, the rares of safari zone, would mean I need 125 rares captured to get 1 TM.
Let say I decide to do this with chanseys, I get in average 6,25 eggs to trade for my TM hidden power by the time I get my own TM hidden power.

Really, the way I putted it, it would be only worth so for people who really despise gamecorner and want to do anything to avoid it. Any sane person would bite the dust and go farm the slots for 2 hours and be over with it rather than do this.

[quote name='Volpi' timestamp='1365716282' post='279474']

Oh you certainly would get some amazing pokemon by the time you are done farming for a GC prize by using the price list I suggested.

1000 coins to start with would mean I miss 5000 coins for my precious Hidden Power tm.
40 coins per chansey/tauros/pinsir/scyther/kangaskhan, the rares of safari zone, would mean I need 125 rares captured to get 1 TM.
Let say I decide to do this with chanseys, I get in average 6,25 eggs to trade for my TM hidden power by the time I get my own TM hidden power.

Really, the way I putted it, it would be only worth so for people who really despise gamecorner and want to do anything to avoid it. Any sane person would bite the dust and go farm the slots for 2 hours and be over with it rather than do this.
[/quote]

This. It's not exploitable. Even if you happen to have 250 clefaries stocked up, you're gonna get enough for 2 tm, and then you're done.

I've been debating weather I was for or against this suggestion, I'm not going to support this suggestion.

My reason is that this is trading in pokemon for GC, or rather that it's trading in pokemon for the items you want at the game corner. Since there are people that trade their gamecorner won items for pokemon already, I think you'll be stepping on a piece of the games economy if this is added.
The gamecorner is actually a good place for unlucky people to get items they can trade for competative pokemon, yes it's boring right now and alot of people don't want to do something that doesn't immediatly give them some kind of pokemon/item, but they do have other options and more games are inbound.

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1365758153' post='280646']
I've been debating weather I was for or against this suggestion, I'm not going to support this suggestion.

My reason is that this is trading in pokemon for GC, or rather that it's trading in pokemon for the items you want at the game corner. Since there are people that trade their gamecorner won items for pokemon already, I think you'll be stepping on a piece of the games economy if this is added.
The gamecorner is actually a good place for unlucky people to get items they can trade for competative pokemon, yes it's boring right now and alot of people don't want to do something that doesn't immediatly give them some kind of pokemon/item, but they do have other options and more games are inbound.
[/quote]

Hardly because most people who farm Pokemon like Chansey are doing so to get Lucky Eggs. Other than release them, what else are they going to do with them? If they are bad natured and have poor IVs, no one will take them. If you had read the payouts in Volpi's posts, you would see that they have now been scaled back. A Chansey would only get 40 coins being traded in at the GC. Plus it still takes a lot of grinding just to get enough Pokemon to trade in to have enough coins for the prize you want. Either way the time sink is there and it's not easily exploitable. How many people have you seen banned for botting the slots? This gives people a chance to earn coins while not having to change machines every so often to prevent being disconnected for being AFK or mistaken for botting.

[quote name='XelaKebert' timestamp='1365775104' post='280914']
Hardly because most people who farm Pokemon like Chansey are doing so to get Lucky Eggs. Other than release them, what else are they going to do with them? If they are bad natured and have poor IVs, no one will take them. If you had read the payouts in Volpi's posts, you would see that they have now been scaled back. A Chansey would only get 40 coins being traded in at the GC. Plus it still takes a lot of grinding just to get enough Pokemon to trade in to have enough coins for the prize you want. Either way the time sink is there and it's not easily exploitable. How many people have you seen banned for botting the slots? This gives people a chance to earn coins while not having to change machines every so often to prevent being disconnected for being AFK or mistaken for botting.
[/quote]

I want to farm good chanseys while also farming good tm's and eggs at the game corner. If it is as difficult as people say the pokemon I purchase from game corner should have higher chances of better iv's.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365785180' post='281120']
I want to farm good chanseys while also farming good tm's and eggs at the game corner. If it is as difficult as people say the pokemon I purchase from game corner should have higher chances of better iv's.
[/quote]

What exactly are you trying to say? I missed your point somewhere in that jumbled mess of a response. So far I have gathered that you want to farm for a good Chansey and a Lucky Egg (which are only held by WILD Chansey). Go ahead and farm Chansey in the Safari Zone, that's the ONLY place to get a Lucky Egg on a Chansey anyways.

Then something about you thinking the Pokemon in the GC should have a higher chance of being competitive? The IVs for a Pokemon are randomly generated when you capture the Pokemon or receive it in a trade with an NPC. The Devs are NOT going to just allow people to buy a competitive Pokemon at the GC. If you want a competitive you can farm them like everyone else. This suggestion is for something that people can do to gain coins while also being able to farm competitive Pokemon. It's a HUGE time sink if you are going to farm any of the rares in Safari Zone since they have between a 1% and 5% encounter rate and you only get 500 steps to look for the Pokemon you want.

[quote name='XelaKebert' timestamp='1365799944' post='281501']
What exactly are you trying to say? I missed your point somewhere in that jumbled mess of a response. So far I have gathered that you want to farm for a good Chansey and a Lucky Egg (which are only held by WILD Chansey). Go ahead and farm Chansey in the Safari Zone, that's the ONLY place to get a Lucky Egg on a Chansey anyways.

Then something about you thinking the Pokemon in the GC should have a higher chance of being competitive? The IVs for a Pokemon are randomly generated when you capture the Pokemon or receive it in a trade with an NPC. The Devs are NOT going to just allow people to buy a competitive Pokemon at the GC. If you want a competitive you can farm them like everyone else. This suggestion is for something that people can do to gain coins while also being able to farm competitive Pokemon. It's a HUGE time sink if you are going to farm any of the rares in Safari Zone since they have between a 1% and 5% encounter rate and you only get 500 steps to look for the Pokemon you want.
[/quote]

No, I would like to achieve 3 objectives at once like you would be doing allowing the trade in of wild pokemon for coins. You get to farm lucky eggs, tm's, and a great pokemon all at once. Hardly fair and balanced at all.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365806297' post='281709']
No, I would like to achieve 3 objectives at once like you would be doing allowing the trade in of wild pokemon for coins. You get to farm lucky eggs, tm's, and a great pokemon all at once. Hardly fair and balanced at all.
[/quote]

Just because it combines three things, that doesn't make it unbalanced. Being that the payouts would be, at max, 40 coins per Pokemon traded in (and you have to be the OT), it may be faster to grind the slots for TMs or the other Pokemon. Let's say the coins system is structured something like this:

Chansey/Scyther/Pinsir: 40
Kangaskhan: 35
Dratini: 30
Clefairy: 20
Abra/Vulpix: 15
Horsea: 10

The TMs have these costs:
TM13: 4000
TM23: 3500
TM24: 4000
TM30: 4500
TM35: 4000
TM10: 6000
TM21: 6000
TM27: 6000

Let's say you're going for TM27: Return. You buy your max of 1000 coins. Now you're 5000 coins shy of the TM. You would need to catch the following number of each Pokemon on the list (there are no combinations because it is assumed that most players will go after only one Pokemon to gain the coins):

Chansey/Scyther/Pinsir: 125
Kangaskhan: 143
Dratini: 167
Clefairy: 250
Abra/Vulpix: 334
Horsea: 500

Then you have to transfer 5 of each at a time into your party just to trade them in. So that takes even more time. A person could easily sink a couple days into catching enough Pokemon to do this. Plus you have to add on that they would have to farm more money to be sure they can get into the Safari Zone each time since you only have 500 steps to work with in there. Taking all of that into account, it may be easier to just grind the slots.