[Denied]Implement a new channel (Ch.9) for Veteran players.

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367817131' post='322505']

Intelligence is subjective.
[/quote]
Sure, that's true. However, channel 9 chat would be more intelligent and experienced relative to what we have now.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367817396' post='322508']
Sure, that's true. However, channel 9 chat would be more intelligent and experienced relative to what we have now.
[/quote]

I highly doubt that. Sorry for being a pessimist, but this is an MMO. You're playing with HUMANS. We are naturally stupid, and giving people online services like social networking and MMOs (great examples are Runescape and WoW) only helps to amplify said stupidity. Now, I'm not saying that everyone is an idiot, but there's not a lot of intelligent people on PokeMMO. (No offense, but it is kinda true. :l)

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367817775' post='322514']
I highly doubt that. Sorry for being a pessimist, but this is an MMO. You're playing with HUMANS. We are naturally stupid, and giving people online services like social networking and MMOs (great examples are Runescape and WoW) only helps to amplify said stupidity. Now, I'm not saying that everyone is an idiot, but there's not a lot of intelligent people on PokeMMO. (No offense, but it is kinda true. :l)
[/quote]
I'm not even being optimistic ; I'm being realistic. If you have a channel that requires experience, you get chat from a more experienced perspective. Besides, i see tons of intelligent people in this game. You just need to open your eyes.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367818088' post='322524']
I'm not even being optimistic ; I'm being realistic. If you have a channel that requires experience, you get chat from a more experienced perspective. Besides, i see tons of intelligent people in this game. You just need to open your eyes.
[/quote]

My eyes are open, that is why I can see what you have typed and posted on this thread. New PokeMMO players can be experienced as well, in terms of competition.

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367818868' post='322537']

My eyes are open, that is why I can see what you have typed and posted on this thread. New PokeMMO players can be experienced as well, in terms of competition.
[/quote]
I lol'd. Opening your eyes was a metaphor.
And, sure my 13 year old little brother immerses himself in competitive sports and video games. That doesn't mean he's experienced enough to be a channel 9 player with his 28 hours of gameplay. He still doesn't know much of anything about this game.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367819211' post='322541']
And, sure my 13 year old little brother immerses himself in competitive sports and video games. That doesn't mean he's experienced enough to be a channel 9 player with his 28 hours of gameplay. He still doesn't know much of anything about this game.
[/quote]

It's not hard to understand PokeMMO.

The economy is basically all "i wnt egg" or "WTT LVL 4 PICKACHU LF LVL 100 SHINYS!!!!!!!!111oneeleven"
The game uses Gen III mechanics, that is why you need a FireRed ROM to play.
The Pokemon...it's fucking Gen III, of course.
It's also not hard to look at a thread on the FAQ for a list of implemented moves and such.

A lack of game-play time has nothing to do with it. The lack of initiative is the problem.

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367819574' post='322545']
It's not hard to understand PokeMMO.

The economy is basically all "i wnt egg" or "WTT LVL 4 PICKACHU LF LVL 100 SHINYS!!!!!!!!111oneeleven"
The game uses Gen III mechanics, that is why you need a FireRed ROM to play.
The Pokemon...it's fucking Gen III, of course.
It's also not hard to look at a thread on the FAQ for a list of implemented moves and such.

A lack of game-play time has nothing to do with it. The lack of initiative is the problem.
[/quote] Don't trail off-topic so much.

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367819574' post='322545']
[/quote]
That's a nice little theory, but people learn and get experienced over time. Also, people almost always get the initiative to learn more about the metagame after they have beaten the storyline. That takes quite a few hours.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367816959' post='322501']
Channel 9 is a place where I could possibly talk to Compuboys, VVVVs, EVs, etc. Having an more intelligent channel chat for people from many teams would be great. I have many friends from other teams.
[/quote]

Team Speak does this for us does it not?

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367819996' post='322549']

[/quote]
Not everyone has teamspeak
Not everyone has a microphone
Not everyone wants to download and use teamspeak
Most teamspeak rooms are private
Due to real life issues speaking is not possible
Due to real life issues speaker usage is not possible
Anyone can use teamspeak, including complete noobs

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367819659' post='322546']
Don't trail off-topic so much.
[/quote]
My apologies.
[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367819991' post='322548']
That's a nice little theory, but people learn and get experienced over time. Also, people almost always get the initiative to learn more about the metagame after they have beaten the storyline. That takes quite a few hours.
[/quote]
I...I have to agree with you.

To be more on-topic:
[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367819996' post='322549']
[/quote]
^ This.

Not everyone has teamspeak - easy to download...
Not everyone has a microphone - you can type..
Not everyone wants to download and use teamspeak - Dont be lazy...
Most teamspeak rooms are private - Isnt this the whole point?
Due to real life issues speaking is not possible - dont have to speak
Due to real life issues speaker usage is not possible dont nead to hear a typed msg
Anyone can use teamspeak, including complete noobs - not if you password protect your channel.

This argument is invalid due to the fact that if you can play pokemmo, you can use team speak. and it accomplishes basically everything youre asking for.

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367820695' post='322554']
Not everyone has teamspeak - easy to download...
Not everyone has a microphone - you can type..
Not everyone wants to download and use teamspeak - Dont be lazy...
Most teamspeak rooms are private - Isnt this the whole point?
Due to real life issues speaking is not possible - dont have to speak
Due to real life issues speaker usage is not possible dont nead to hear a typed msg
Anyone can use teamspeak, including complete noobs - not if you password protect your channel.

This argument is invalid due to the fact that if you can play pokemmo, you can use team speak. and it accomplishes basically everything youre asking for.
[/quote]

These are all terrible arguments. Like I have said many times in this thread, there is a big difference between theory and reality. Biggest of all, team speak does not do the following :

Provide in-game interaction
Provide "global" experienced chat. Rooms are private in team speak.
Provide a perk to long time players

Team speak is meant to fulfill a different role.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367821332' post='322563']
These are all terrible arguments. Like I have said many times in this thread, there is a big difference between theory and reality. Biggest of all, team speak does not do the following :

Team speak is meant to fulfill a different role.
[/quote]

There's not really any perks for having your own channel as well...and the whole purpose of this Channel is to segregate the "intelligent and experienced" players...you can easily do that in TeamSpeak.

I swear I said this idea before in some random thread... I think this was it:
[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/20387-rip-ch2/page__st__75#entry320988"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/20387-rip-ch2/page__st__75#entry320988[/url]

The idea of having a chat that can have any member join it if approved by the creator/moderators of the community channel is something I dream of but never see to come fit as reality.

[quote name='Nova14' timestamp='1367821810' post='322569']

There's not really any perks for having your own channel as well...and the whole purpose of this Channel is to segregate the "intelligent and experienced" players...you can easily do that in TeamSpeak.
[/quote]
Once again, not with channel chat, and not with the in game interaction. In reality I can't chat with 95% of the people in team speak due to private rooms. It's just team chat with microphones.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367821332' post='322563']

[/quote]

Point #1 I can agree with.

You say you want a global experience yet youre wanting to exclude the majority of the global community due to lack of experience or maturity. There is a restriction on global already, Instead of suggesting a new channel, why not suggest tighter restrictions for Global Chat?

Why do long time players need perks? The people you are referring to are usually on team speak or communicate with each other in the forums. while its not in-game, what you want for the most part already exists, whether or not you take advantage of this is up to you.

It wasnt a terrible argument, it's just the truth. They arent going to implement a new channel for select people, #1 its pointless to try and exclude the cancer of the community due to the shear amount of it, #2 if you dont want to be involved with those people there are already ways to get around it.

For example, do you know Statius? Your requirements in the OP, he meets them. Can you imagine him on Ch. 9?

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1367822374' post='322579']
If someone brings up Skype being the other solution remind him/her of the 999 notifications you don't want to crash your computer

Edit: Sexist bias fix.
[/quote]

You could always use Skype. =3

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367822331' post='322578']
Point #1 I can agree with.

You say you want a global experience yet youre wanting to exclude the majority of the global community due to lack of experience or maturity. There is a restriction on global already, Instead of suggesting a new channel, why not suggest tighter restrictions for Global Chat?

Why do long time players need perks? The people you are referring to are usually on team speak or communicate with each other in the forums. while its not in-game, what you want for the most part already exists, whether or not you take advantage of this is up to you.
[/quote]
^ This

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367822331' post='322578']
They arent going to implement a new channel for select people, #1 its pointless to try and exclude the cancer of the community due to the shear amount of it, #2 if you dont want to be involved with those people there are already ways to get around it.
[/quote]
You never know, they [the admins, GMs, etc.] are fucking unpredictable.

EDIT:
[quote name='Chestbrah' timestamp='1367822804' post='322591']
make it at least 300 hours
[/quote]
Then people like ProfOaksRentBoy come back.