[Implemented] Remove Experience Gain from Four Island Day Care

To reinforce Atuan's statement:

I'm not at liberty to discuss such things, but believe me, 'Not yet implemented' is not as ambigious as you think it is.

What you need to keep in mind with mechanics, is that this is an MMO that has plans to include all regions.

Therefore the mechanics will not revolve around a singular game.

And again, these are things that people are already aware of.

I'm glad you enjoyed the update, and hopefully you will enjoy the next one just as much too.

From what I got from that quote PokeMMO is going to branch out to other games beside fire red. So to make this happen they are adding mechanics from different generations. This also means there's a good chance we will see features from different generations.

I'm amazed at how selfish people are and how they only think for themselves...

comp people:

REMOVE EXP, you have one south of cerulean! my level 50 leveled to 135609 by mistake! :(

non-comp people:

I got 10 pokemen leveling at the same time with all my exp shares and daycares, it's your fault if your level 50 leveled up.

First of all: i don't do comp. I love the daycare exp systems, i can train 4 pokemon to level 100 at the same time a lot more efficiently than in the games.

It would be selfish of me to say screw that, either they're careful or they shouldn't breed.

If i did comp. and i had a good IV'd and natured level 50 i wouldn't want to use another pokemon, and i'd still want to keep the level 50 without worrying too much.

Anyway, as it was suggested before: instead of disabling the daycare exp i'd suggest adding an option to whether you want your pokemon to be leveled or not. Everyone is happy that way and it's not hard to implement.

I'm amazed at how selfish people are and how they only think for themselves...

comp people:

REMOVE EXP, you have one south of cerulean! my level 50 leveled to 135609 by mistake!  :(

non-comp people:

I got 10 pokemen leveling at the same time with all my exp shares and daycares, it's your fault if your level 50 leveled up.

You got me, I'm selfish.  I have accidentally overleveled a few competitive 50 pokemon and only want the feature to remain the same because I want to accidentally level more of them beyond 50.

You got me, I'm selfish.  I have accidentally overleveled a few competitive 50 pokemon and only want the feature to remain the same because I want to accidentally level more of them beyond 50.

Did you read my post and understood my point, or not at all?

I had this problem at first too and lost several lvl 50s but I eventually found a use for the day care and a way to deal with this issue.

If you put your pokes in and wait until you get 5 eggs, then take your pokes out while hatching them, they gain like 0 XP and won't level.

Honestly breeding almost any other way is inefficient anyway.

In addition, now that you have 100s of lvl 1 pokemon you can easily use the daycare to level them up to 50 once you EV train them.

I sympathize with those who lost good lvl 50s, but try to look at the benefits of gaining XP as well. You can raise 10 competitives at the same time instead of 6.

If you put your pokes in and wait until you get 5 eggs, then take your pokes out while hatching them, they gain 0 like 0 XP and won't level.

Experience gain in the Daycare has nothing to do with steps taken, so this is completely wrong and frankly this topic shouldn't even be discussed as it overshadows the real problem (move overwriting).
  • 3 weeks later...

This post and the move overwriting post all have good ideas. It would be cool if they implemented a way to level cap, fully watch you cared for pokemon so you can choose if it evolves or learns moves. A fully customizable daycarebfor both daycares.