[Implemented] Remove Experience Gain from Four Island Day Care

IF YOU GUYS DON'T WANT LVL 51 POKEMON, THEN DON'T PUT LVL 50s IN THE DAYCARE.

Wow, it isn't flipping rocket science! It's not like you need your Pokemon to be at a certain level to breed them.

But it really doesn't matter. If the MMO wants to cater to the stupidity and laziness of all the little snot-nosed brats who play it, so be it. Won't change my experience.

IF YOU GUYS DON'T WANT LVL 51 POKEMON, THEN DON'T PUT LVL 50s IN THE DAYCARE.

Wow, it isn't flipping rocket science! It's not like you need your Pokemon to be at a certain level to breed them.

But it really doesn't matter. If the MMO wants to cater to the stupidity and laziness of all the little snot-nosed brats who play it, so be it. Won't change my experience.

Sure, let's put in one of non 50 pokes with awesome IVs and nature to breed with.

OH WAIT, I DONT HAVE ONE.

Most people who had a great IV'd pokemon, leveled it to 50 to use in competitive battles. It are THOSE pokemon they want to breed with because of the IV's.

So our choice would be, put in a lvl 50 comp (with risk of overleveling if you forget its there), or put in a shit IVd 20 poke (without risk).

Obviously the first choice would create the best offspring, which is the main GOAL of breeding, to create the best possible offspring.

Before you judge, please acquire knowledge.

You aren't punished for wanting to use 50's by anyone but yourself.  It is not there fault you can't remember you left stuff in the daycare and killed things, if you can't remember that then tough.  Start doing what that guy said and use stuff you don't mind leveling or don't breed.

You aren't punished for wanting to use 50's by anyone but yourself.  It is not there fault you can't remember you left stuff in the daycare and killed things, if you can't remember that then tough.  Start doing what that guy said and use stuff you don't mind leveling or don't breed.

I have never made the mistake of accidentally levelling up a Pokemon. I just find it rather inconvenient.

1. Put Pokemon in Daycare

2. Get Eggs

3. Hatch Eggs

4. Repeat Steps 2-3 or take Pokemon out of Daycare

5. Level to check for IVs/Get money

6. Repeat Steps 1-5.

7. Stop whining on the forum

8.????

9.Profit!!!

The day-care is also different from the game, on the game u just need exp to get day-care exp.

Here you need to FIGHT. So no one is punished by this system.

Want to breed with your uber 50s comp? Put in the day care, hatch some eggs and then remove pokemon from day-care.

It's your fault if you fucked your 50 poke.

On the other way, someone also said this, but the only reason to have 50s comp was the different movepool. With the actual metagame and with the breeding system, you can provide a lvl 100 moveset on a level 1 pokemon, so IMHO the 50s are pretty useless.

Many players would not like to gain experience from the daycare due to the level 50 competitive bracket. It is inconvenient that one can't hold Pokemon in the daycare and do other things at the same time such as dailies. This is especially annoying since I would often like to check the IVs of a newborn without having to remove my Pokemon from the daycare. This only targets the level 50 bracket, which is the most popular competitive bracket. If people played 100s this would not be an issue, so I doubt it was a balance decision for breeding mechanics. 

My proposition is that the island 4 daycare is considered exclusively for breeding and does not yield exp to the Pokemon being held there. Players can use the route 5 daycare for all levelling purposes if they would like to use it. This way, we have a breeding mechanic that better suits the needs of PokeMMO players but still honors the handheld games.

EDIT: Since there does seem to be some desire for the experience gaining function of the island 4 daycare, maybe an alternative to consider is the option to disable the experience gaining feature when asking to hold the Pokemon in question. Please edit topic title accordingly.

46183%20-%20animated%20did_not_read_lol%

Why? Because it is how the game works, just don't fight if you are hatching eggs. So simple.

I agree with OP.

I think that exp should be disabled on the island 4 daycare, and exp enabled on the Cerulean City daycare.

As the system currently stands, they are already 'locking up' the player to sit around waiting for eggs, and making them walk ungodly distances to hatch--- at least let us kill stuff in the meantime without fear of overwriting moves and outleveling out of 50... If you have one dedicated to one specific action, and the other to a different one, then those that want to use the daycare just for breeding can do so, and those that just want to use the daycare for leveling can do so also.

The one that gets me the most, is after walking around and hatching a party of eggs, I usually need to check the IVs (of the ones that make the cut). The trouble is, they need to be leveled up in order to do that (---as much as I like seeing a pokemon with all 31 IVs in the high range... I usually get them to level 10 then check if they are worth keeping or not). Without disabling the exp, the process would add the extra 2 or so steps of taking out the parents from  daycare (which also stops egg production), and after checking IVs (if even needed...) then putting them back into daycare... I don't mind extra work, but if we are expected to breed with any type of regularity (which is what is required to get a good natured/iv/ability pokemon... an already impossible task), making it so that 'if we forget an unintuitive step we could ruin everything', then that would be pretty frustrating and sad...

I think this is a good suggestion.

I agree with OP.

I think that exp should be disabled on the island 4 daycare, and exp enabled on the Cerulean City daycare.

As the system currently stands, they are already 'locking up' the player to sit around waiting for eggs, and making them walk ungodly distances to hatch--- at least let us kill stuff in the meantime without fear of overwriting moves and outleveling out of 50... If you have one dedicated to one specific action, and the other to a different one, then those that want to use the daycare just for breeding can do so, and those that just want to use the daycare for leveling can do so also.

The one that gets me the most, is after walking around and hatching a party of eggs, I usually need to check the IVs (of the ones that make the cut). The trouble is, they need to be leveled up in order to do that (---as much as I like seeing a pokemon with all 31 IVs in the high range... I usually get them to level 10 then check if they are worth keeping or not). Without disabling the exp, the process would add the extra 2 or so steps of taking out the parents from daycare (which also stops egg production), and after checking IVs (if even needed...) then putting them back into daycare... I don't mind extra work, but if we are expected to breed with any type of regularity (which is what is required to get a good natured/iv/ability pokemon... an already impossible task), making it so that 'if we forget an unintuitive step we could ruin everything', then that would be pretty frustrating and sad...

I think this is a good suggestion.

I only support this if either the exp gain in the other daycare is increased or if more slots are added there. The daycares are incredibly powerful leveling tools and I wouldn't want to lose two thirds of that

'Want us to look after your Pokemon?'
Yes
'We can hold on to two Pokemon at a time would you like us to look after another one?'
Yes
'Would you like us to raise them?
No

[spoiler]OMFG, PROBLEM SOLVED??![/spoiler]

nope, there should be some kind of loss/balance met.  Leveling comps to 100 -> Less tournaments to compete in, Staying at 50 -> not being able to kill things if you want to breed your already 50 comps.

nope, there should be some kind of loss/balance met.  Leveling comps to 100 -> Less tournaments to compete in, Staying at 50 -> not being able to kill things if you want to breed your already 50 comps.

No need, we will get Flat Battles anyway so there would go your 'balance' system.

Or they won't implement flat battles ya know, convenience and all.

No need, we will get Flat Battles anyway so there would go your 'balance' system.

Then why worry about leveling beyond 50?  Needless work for them to remove the exp.

Then why worry about leveling beyond 50?  Needless work for them to remove the exp.

Yes this suggestion would only be useful if flat battles don't get implemented uhh.. soon. But I feel like devs would be working on that now, now that breeding is done.

This is like

"I was exping my pokemon with exp. share, then i forgot to leave the item from the pokemon, i killed Lance from E4 and my pokemon leveled.

Pls remove exp gain from exp share."

No. It's your fault, is the game.

Plus, it is more useless code to write for our already busy devs.

is this somewhere officially stated that we get flat battle for sure? just curious