[Denied]Remove Non-OT bonuses, for eggs especially

Similar to Egg Production chances, using a Pokémon without your OT will increase the chance to pass IVs.

Breeding is already hard and time-consuming and this seems like an umltimate last encouragment to start multi-accounting for people. (and No, it does not really encourage trading because people tend to leave best things for themselves especially for such powerfull tool for obtaining goods as breeding)

We can live with exp bonus and egg hatch bonus but after talking to my friend competive players and others this indeed seems like a last straw for many of them to start multi-accounting (for breeding, for catching, for breeding again if 2nd acc caught good poke accidently).

People nowadays hardly have 1 computer, they have notebooks, other PCs at home, PC-like tablets maybe so it won't be a big problem, but It seemed that you don't like this and it was the reason for your limitation of running only one client on one computer.

So I'm suggesting removing this bonus (and raising chances as if everyone had it so nobody would cry ^.^ (or not, who cares))

I didn't like that being in it either because I don't like to trade with people. I like to just do my own thing because I get more than my share of PR and rear kissing at work. When I come home I just want to relax and not mess with people. 

To me it was the equivalent of that thing in world of tanks where friends in platoons dominate individual players in open servers for an increased win record, except to a much lesser extent. Basically if you want to abuse the system in world of tanks, you platoon with leet friends. You end up getting games with a couple platoons vs. random players. Usually it's imbalanced, but not always. Loners are usually out of luck...too bad, so sad for them.

I think that you, I, and people like us are probably a minority though. I think most people do not mind to trade. I think as soon as that patch came out everybody and their neighbors dog was breeding their uber stuff together passing it around to everybody in the group. It does encourage a little more player interaction and trade, but it also hurts the loners. However, I figure the people in guilds/clans/groups will trade no matter if there is a bonus or not so i can't really say if it is a positive thing overall. Just a nerf on the loners.

I never really said anything about it. I figure the moderators and developers get enough tears from other people (like me) complaining about other things. It's only a small annoyance for me, I just start up my lap top and trade over my own stuff from my alt to my main. But yeah, for loners without a guild or an extra pc... i'm sorry. *hugs* You are at a disadvantage.

Really I like to earn my own things. When I win, I feel accomplished. If I breed everything I have with my friends stuff, I did not fully earn my victory if you really think about it. If I wanted to simply get the iv's I wanted and not work for them I would go play that one on-line pokemon battle simulator that lets you choose your iv's and movesets because that is almost the same thing. I pick this game because I like catching and raising my pokemon alone and then seeing how well I raised them. Passing everything around for breeding duplicate ubers is kind of cheap really. It lets you skip a lot of work that would normally have to be done. I would never trade to build my entire pokemon team unless the only thing I cared about was winning regardless of the methods. Really if you think about it, it should be nerfed the other way because what has happened is the market will get oversaturated with uber pokemons from friends passing their ubers around to everyone. I think others have already predicted this would happen like myself because I see the offers in the trade corner have changed. Okay, i'm done. That's how I feel about that topic. -_-

Well, the value of TM's has gone up some because it's more time consuming to do an alt run. That impacts trades and is not related to this specific topic. Also, no matter how breeding would be implemented, it would probably cause the value of uber tier pokemon to drop. The only way this would NOT happen is if the time it took to breed was more time than it took to find the equivalent pokemon in the wild by random encounters.

The exp bonus is along the same lines, but impacts the game to a much much lesser extent (IMO). The thing where breeding is encouraged between friends is nice, but that gives a huge incentive for people to pass their good pokemon around. Everyone wants a really good one, but they arn't really earning it. They are simply trying to duplicate the good IV's and pass them around with one another.

I've always been a loner as far as trading usually, so I would be sour about this either way. However I still think the increased chance thing to non OT trainers during breeding helps cause more saturation on a market that would become oversaturated anyway. In a month, people are going to see a dusclops with 31ish iv in hp, def, and special def up for trade, and someone will maybe offer an earthquake TM maybe? Those things used to be worth like 2 or 3 shiny. I think the trading OT percentages it should at least be neutral if nothing else, and I thought that as soon as I saw it. But all of this is just my opinion... everyone has a different opinion. Also, i'm not extremely unhappy about this or anything. I have actually come to enjoy the breeding part of the game after some time. I'm just saying I would not have done it that way if it was me. That is all.

just use your OT pokemon on an alt account

that's what I'm talking about, first thing after people see non-OT bonuses is written in quote above, and I just wanted to log into PokeMMO, catch stuff, raise it and play with it

Does this include the exp bonus?

Main thing is IV inheritance bonus because of it's value and meaning for latergame, with everything else people can live happily. Thing sounds like "Get 2nd acc now and increase your chance to get better IV pokes, limited offer!"

Main thing is IV inheritance bonus because of it's value and meaning for latergame, with everything else people can live happily. Thing sounds like "Get 2nd acc now and increase your chance to get better IV pokes, limited offer!"

WAIT

Thereìs a bonus on IVs for non-OT? Coz i didnt read smth about this.

If yes, totally +1 on this post, coz it's already frustrating to breed for a good IV pokemon, dont want to mess with trade and other player who just want to deceive you.

If not, its like +20% exp (like the original game) and a really low chance of faster egg, so i really dont care much about it.

So basically, +1 to non-OT bonus for IV breeding (if it exists)

Well guys I think this is the best thing you can do: Start a new alternate account and play through to fuchsia city. There are two ditto patches to the right of fuchsia city. You catch you 2 or 3 really good ditto then you ask a moderator to help you trade and you move those ditto to your regular account. That will help a lot I think. :)

I know this is a bit off topic, but I think it might help some people? Not sure. Good luck.

This may make me sound a little bit insensitive, but I don't like the suggestion, and here is why. This is an MMO. Its built around the concept of multiplayer and player to player interactions. I don't think that MMO's should be trying to appeal to loners (no offense) or catering to loners (again, no offense).  Mechanics like this serve to strengthen the underlying 'multiplayer' concept.  I have nothing against being a loner or playing on your own, but I don't think that should be the goal or the standard in this game.

(I do think the multi-accounting thing could be an issue, but in general I think this mechanic will bring groups of people together and diversify the trade economy)

This may make me sound a little bit insensitive, but I don't like the suggestion, and here is why. This is an MMO. Its built around the concept of multiplayer and player to player interactions. I don't think that MMO's should be trying to appeal to loners (no offense) or catering to loners (again, no offense).  Mechanics like this serve to strengthen the underlying 'multiplayer' concept.  I have nothing against being a loner or playing on your own, but I don't think that should be the goal or the standard in this game.

(I do think the multi-accounting thing could be an issue, but in general I think this mechanic will bring groups of people together and diversify the trade economy)

Why multiplaying when you can just run an alt?

Why waste time on trade when you can just spend like 2 hrs and resolve the issue? 

Why waste time on trade when you can just spend like 2 hrs and resolve the issue? 

while thats an option I think people will generally trade with others because there is a much bigger pool of viable breeders. I have some good comp pokemon, but not enough to start breeding whatever I want (if I want good IVs, nature, moves, etc) and many of them aren't compatible.  I can put two random pokemon on an alt and have them fuck like rabbits but it isn't going to improve the quality of the offspring.

while thats an option I think people will generally trade with others because there is a much bigger pool of viable breeders. I have some good comp pokemon, but not enough to start breeding whatever I want (if I want good IVs, nature, moves, etc) and many of them aren't compatible.  I can put two random pokemon on an alt and have them fuck like rabbits but it isn't going to improve the quality of the offspring.

So you are going to trade a good iv pokemon, to get another good iv pokemon.

Hoping they are looking for the pokemon you trade and viceversa.

Good luck

So you are going to trade a good iv pokemon, to get another good iv pokemon.

Hoping they are looking for the pokemon you trade and viceversa.

Good luck

umm... yeah. Thats exactly how trading works, and how it happens all the time right now. This just gives an expanded market and an increased incentive to trade.  

umm... yeah. Thats exactly how trading works, and how it happens all the time right now. This just gives an expanded market and an increased incentive to trade.  

It would be a shame if someone just use an alt to do this

It would be a shame if someone just use an alt to do this

You can't do that with an alt. An alt is very unlikely to have a plethora of valuable and competitive pokemon that meet the criteria for what you need. Other players do.  See my earlier post.

You can't do that with an alt. An alt is very unlikely to have a plethora of valuable and competitive pokemon that meet the criteria for what you need. Other players do.  See my earlier post.

>Get a nice ditto

>Get a decent pokemon to breed with ditto

>Run an alt till 4th isle

>????

> profit.

Thats why i said i dont care about non-OT bonus exp or non-OT eggs chance. You can easily exp w\o the bonus, or do a trade in team (you exp my pokemon, i exp your pokemo), and the egg incresed chance its not too much (i get faster eggs with OTs pokemon)

I just say, if they get better IV with breeding, this should be removed. If i have good pokemon, im gonna breed them by myself, so trading them its totally unnecessary, coz i wont trade them.

If i can higher IV by trading, i still will not trade my 30\30\31\30\31\30 evee to get another evee. 

If i want to trade, i will. if i wont, i will not, easy.

Dont force ppl to trade or run an alt just to be competitive qith breeding.

>Get a nice ditto

>Get a decent pokemon to breed with ditto

>Run an alt till 4th isle

>????

> profit.

Thats why i said i dont care about non-OT bonus exp or non-OT eggs chance. You can easily exp w\o the bonus, or do a trade in team (you exp my pokemon, i exp your pokemo), and the egg incresed chance its not too much (i get faster eggs with OTs pokemon)

I just say, if they get better IV with breeding, this should be removed. If i have good pokemon, im gonna breed them by myself, so trading them its totally unnecessary, coz i wont trade them.

If i can higher IV by trading, i still will not trade my 30\30\31\30\31\30 evee to get another evee. 

If i want to trade, i will. if i wont, i will not, easy.

Dont force ppl to trade or run an alt just to be competitive qith breeding.

I get the impression that you don't totally understand how the breeding mechanic or how trading works, but you're entitled to your opinion. My reasons for not supporting this suggestion are stated above. 

I get the impression that you don't totally understand how the breeding mechanic or how trading works, but you're entitled to your opinion. My reasons for not supporting this suggestion are stated above. 

And i repeat again, i dont think IV from breeding are enanched by non-OT pokè, so i support this thread only to remove it, if it does exist.

Lmao fiaba pls. What dannno is saying is that MOST people wont have enough comps to breed godly comps by themselves(hell my godly ludicolo still has shit offspring with a good ditto i traded for,diff ots). Like i've a good weezing, but i dont have a good female weezing nor i've 10 dittos with the set of ivs/natures i need for each poke. Meanwhile, i can ask on my team if someone has an impish/whatever nature female weezing i want with great ivs->diff ots same species->enjoy eggs->enjoy not having to catch a female good comp all by urself->Higher chance of passing ivs(isnt that much btw, my ludicolo is proof)

No one said that we wanted PokeMMO to cater to loners. What was suggested was the removal of the bonus to not cater to people in guilds and stuff like that. It feels like people who play in groups and have their clan are at an advantage. What is being suggested is for this advantage to go away and for everyone to have a decent chance at breeding without having to call friends for help. It's not nerfing, it's equalizing.

As far as these mechanics bringing groups together, It would be hard to implement breeding without encouraging that because

enjoy not having to catch

most people enjoy not having to put in the time to earn their stuff in the traditional manner. They would rather try to duplicate their friend's pokemon to avoid the process. That kind of trading would obviously happen regardless of the OT bonus, so why have it anyway? All it does is lower the people's chances who don't actively trade with others during breeding. Not everyone has time or wants to have a social base of 20 friends and type to them everyday. Not everyone wants to go to the trouble of having to convince someone to let them borrow their pokemon for breeding. A lot of people would just like to do their own thing and avoid the typing and the interactions most* of the time. That should be okay. Why should this group of people be at a disadvantage in breeding? I just think everything should be equal for everybody. I think everybody should have the same chances. That's how I would have done it – fair chances for all players and all play styles.

No one said that we wanted PokeMMO to cater to loners. What was suggested was the removal of the bonus to not cater to people in guilds and stuff like that. It feels like people who play in groups and have their clan are at an advantage. What is being suggested is for this advantage to go away and for everyone to have a decent chance at breeding without having to call friends for help. It's not nerfing, it's equalizing.

Like I said I have no problem catering to people in guilds and groups. MMOs are meant to encourage multiplayer interactions. 

I have nothing against being a loner or playing on your own, but I don't think that should be the goal or the standard in this game.

Blonde i was explaining why the alt account wouldnt work, while having friends/socializing would. Most likely you wont have godly pokes of each gender, the other person might have a godly one of the opposite gender->u help each other out.

Do not remove it, this is an mmo, learn to trade and interact with people. Removing a part of a game that would encourage that in some form is silly. 

Strangely I agree with this statement.

Multi-accounting has now become a lot more difficult so if you manage to do it you pretty much deserve it. As well we need stuff like this to help encouraging interactions with others. To those who can help work with the system to their benefit that's good because a lot of MMOs encourage you to work with the system to help gain you benefits. I understand why this suggestion exists, but I do not expect it to be removed.