[Denied] Ability to Decide on Shiny's Natures

Zemas

I havn't found any shinys so far, so I don't know if my concerns are groundless but I was thinking.

Would it be posible to edit the game so that you could choose the nature of a shiny if you find and capture it ?

I thought about this because I know its like 8000:1 chance (or something like that) of finding a shiny pokemon, but the chances of it to also have a good nature is much, much lower and I think shiny is rare enough as it is.

It would really suck to find a shiny and then have it be useless for competition because of its nature, and I think that if you do find a shiny you should be able to show it off as much as posible and nature shouldn't get in the way of that.

Anyway just an idea.

If I had a Level 69 Charizard or a Level 1 Shiny Charizard, I'd pick the Level 69 every time. Many people would choose the shiny as they think that makes it enhanced. But actually, it's just some dumb shine that appears every battle and may slaughter your eyesight. And yes, this was meant to humor-ie, but it is serious. People work their butt off for their Pokemon, but just instantly give it away when they see a shiny. Silly people ...

If I had a Level 69 Charizard or a Level 1 Shiny Charizard, I'd pick the Level 69 every time. Many people would choose the shiny as they think that makes it enhanced. But actually, it's just some dumb shine that appears every battle and may slaughter your eyesight. And yes, this was meant to humor-ie, but it is serious. People work their butt off for their Pokemon, but just instantly give it away when they see a shiny. Silly people ...

Dumbass. You can get several level 100s in trade for a shiny charizard of any level.

Yes they are rare and special but them also being good natured would give you a good reason to show them off in battle too.

As I said I think 8,000:1 is rare enough compared to 25:1 for a good nature.

If im not mistaken the chance of finding a shiny with the nature you want is 200,000:1 which is just stupidly rare.

It wouldn't make shinys less rare it would just give people who are lucky enough to get a shiny a better reason to show it off other then just looking cool.

>Level 1 charizard

I would pay good money for that XD

this guy...

• 1 year later...

I'd pick the Level 69 every time.

69? pls no, 50.

on topic. shinies are supposed to be rare, and well.. giy already said everything that needed to be said :l
btw, lots of shiny pokes that u could "find and capture" would lack eggmoves so.. not really for battles.

69? pls no, 50.

I think 1 year ago the people dont play 50s.

on topic. shinies are supposed to be rare, and well.. giy already said everything that needed to be said :l
btw, lots of shiny pokes that u could "find and capture" would lack eggmoves so.. not really for battles.

Well, shiny is some collectible, but can get some good IVs and a moveset without eggmoves.