[Implemented] Official Tourney Analysis

after reading this thread, i feel like staff should start collecting % of what pokemons are used in official tourneys, since all matches are being reffed by staff anyway. 

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/26865-unofficial-determining-a-pseudo-pokemmo-oubl-tier-updated-07162013/

i would like it to become something like this, posted once every month or two:
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue8/ou_metagame

i already suggested it to archinix

[spoiler] 

<15:55:46> "Ssin": archie
<15:55:51> "Ssin": can you set something up
<15:56:09> "Ssin": that all oficial tourney refs (cms) keep track of what pokemon are used
<15:56:17> "Ssin": so we can get percentages?
<15:57:03> "Archinix": i could see
<15:57:10> "Archinix": maybe, no promises

[/spoiler]

As an individual in staff who hosts a lot of tournaments I will tell you I 100% will never ask my referees to do this, for a number of reasons:

• Puts more pressure on the referees 
  • Encourages them to pay attention to something else besides ensuring all clauses are not being broken, etc (distraction)
  • Has absolutely zero benefit to the staff to collect this information
  • This information can be collected by a group of individuals who are not staff, in other words you do not need to be staff to do this
  • This information would benefit two things that I can think of, one being people in game have a better idea of what they should counter (staff shouldn't be helping with in game strategies), and this information may aid in debates on tiers (the staff does not get involved in tier creation/debates)

I'm sure hosting is overwhelming. But reffing? What about announcers? My only qualm with having the player-base do it is that it'd have to be done with a small group of players because there's usually more than one match at a time. That'd be fixed by having each individual ref having a notepad or similar application running so they can tally each Pokemon in their respective matches. It's not like clauses are that hard to spot or it takes very much effort.

However, enforcing it would be silly. I can get behind/involved with a group that wants to do this.

• 1 year later...