PokeMMO Event Discussion: Little Cup

Thoth

I will acquiesce to the request to ban Wyanut. I personally found him to be one of the best, but certainly not unbeatable. Especially using status moves, toxic for example. Due to the high demand for him to be banned I will do so.

Wyanut has been removed from the list of allowed Pokemon.

You can barely even tell its shiny.

You obviously don't know the value of a shiny Electabuzz, please refrain from making stupid comments like this. This price is fucking retarded, there is nothing else to say.

You can safely get a baby pokemon to 196 speed without it going past 5, easy.

Londar is right, you need an Amnesia brace to fully ev train your pokes, 196 vs 252 makes a huge difference, especially for the speed.

Hey while we're at it, why don't you add a Masters to the LC reward ? It must be a well known and played meta, since a shiny ELEKID is offered. Results only based on skill ofc.

You obviously don't know the value of a shiny Electabuzz, please refrain from making stupid comments like this. This price is fucking retarded, there is nothing else to say.

Londar is right, you need an Amnesia brace to fully ev train your pokes, 196 vs 252 makes a huge difference, especially for the speed.

Hey while we're at it, why don't you add a Masters to the LC reward ? It must be a well known and played meta, since a shiny ELEKID is offered. Results only based on skill ofc.

I did not say it wasn't valuable i said you can barely tell it is a shiny, please refrain from making stupid comments like this.

196 on a perfect iv Abra(using it as an example) is the exact same speed as a 252 ev on the same abra.  londor used 196 for a reason.  And you don't need amnesia brace for that.  I can get a pokemon wearing macho brace 1-2 exp a kill off speed ev pokemon. (1 every time if I were extremely careful about it)

196 on a perfect iv Abra(using it as an example) is the exact same speed as a 252 ev on the same abra.  londor used 196 for a reason.  And you don't need amnesia brace for that.  I can get a pokemon wearing macho brace 1-2 exp a kill off speed ev pokemon.

Yeah, but in that case I was using a 31 Iv pokemon, if the poke doesn't have 31 then to max the stat you need more Evs,
Also, as someone has already stated EVing in Sp.Atk will be a problem, the Gastly even with 6 EXP.Share will probably overlevel your pokemon. The only other pokemon that i can think of for special attack is Psiduck, but with it you must be careful and battle only with the low level ones ( i belive you can find them at level 5 in island 4 ), but that will take a lot of time

Good things come with effort and time, provided someone choses a pokemon with that low of a speed IV I'd probably say its there own fault, but still entirely possible to get the 252 speed iv's with plenty of room to spare provided they are careful(level 2-3 pidgeys/ratatas).  Should actually give them some room to throw in some of those psyduck, though as you said it would take time. Not that that 1-4 spa is going to make a world of a difference.

Doesn't really matter who if you run the numbers yourself like I said I have.  Done arguing about it though so don't expect more out of me on the subject I am beginning to think I fell into a group troll effort from the start.

Speed is the only that 100% matters, after that you can take a couple of different options to get the same results, some of those options are doable by 5.

If you are a serious comp player every number matters. So just telling us that we should be happy we can do speed EVs and 10 hours of hunting lvl 5 Psyduck for SpA is non sensical IMO.

I really don't know what staff expected from us. A shiny Elekid as the prize in the first fucking LC tourny hosted in PokeMMO, that already seemed pay2win at this point (oh sorry I meant pay-2-not-waste-48-hours-of-your-time-trying-to-EV-your-Gastly-win). Also the fact that the doubles tournament gets fucking 2 GC TMs as a prize. I mean really? Really? Wtf do you expect us to believe here. Atleast do it a little bit more subtle and don't throw it in our face that you want us to buy the fucking Amnesia whateverthefuckjewelerypiece.

Yeah, but in that case I was using a 31 Iv pokemon, if the poke doesn't have 31 then to max the stat you need more Evs,
Also, as someone has already stated EVing in Sp.Atk will be a problem, the Gastly even with 6 EXP.Share will probably overlevel your pokemon. The only other pokemon that i can think of for special attack is Psiduck, but with it you must be careful and battle only with the low level ones ( i belive you can find them at level 5 in island 4 ), but that will take a lot of time

You'd need 5 exp share, and to switch your lead out with probably at least 3-4 of the pokemon holding the exp share to minimize exp gain.

You'd need 5 exp share, and to switch your lead out with probably at least 3-4 of the pokemon holding the exp share to minimize exp gain.

You just need one exp share, beyond that they don't make any more difference. 5 exp shares takes the same amount of exp away as 1, it just splits that 1 up among the 5 of them.

You just need one exp share, beyond that they don't make any more difference. 5 exp shares takes the same amount of exp away as 1, it just splits that 1 up among the 5 of them.

The key part was the 'switching'. And the exp shares give more pokemon evs so I can train my real 50s comps at the same time.

The key part was the 'switching'. And the exp shares give more pokemon evs so I can train my real 50s comps at the same time.

If you're trying to minimize the exp your going to be switching between all 6 members of your party so the exp shares beyond the first one would become pointless, though.

Doesn't really matter who if you run the numbers yourself like I said I have.  Done arguing about it though so don't expect more out of me on the subject I am beginning to think I fell into a group troll effort from the start.

Speed is the only that 100% matters, after that you can take a couple of different options to get the same results, some of those options are doable by 5.

Are you even a comp player ? You really don't seem to know what you're talking about, ofc 1-2 extra stats (not only speed) can be decisive.

Also, the fact that "you can barely tell if it's shiny", doesn't lower its value, and that's the whole point here, the value of the price of a little cup tourney, idgaf about how it looks like.

Speed is one of the main stats that matters. Beyond that it comes down to skill, IVs, experience in LC, some RNG, and predicting.
I personally attempted to fully EV train a Pokemon by level 5 that did not require the use of an amnesia brace, if it were not possible then I would agree amnesia brace would play a big part. Vitamins and Exp share are the method. Additionally for sp attack you have lv 5-10 horsea and for attack Paras in Mt. Moon.

Oh god, this is happening again. 

Probably EDT though like most others, go register.

Also the tournament time is in EDT so the registration time probably is, too.

I'm not registering myself, I was just wondering

Registration is indeed open. It will be open for 24 hrs.

Thank you.