[Implemented] Allow parents IV inheritance

Ok, I saw the rage over there about this new breeding mechanics, and off course I was used to the bikingmmo.

But after some tests, i liked this new way of breeding, but i have some considerations to add.

The old way

In 4 hours i could get 5 eggs, hatch then and check ivs (the last pokes I breeded was Gligar, Heracross and phanpy)

This new way

I 4 hours I could have hatched and checked 4 eggs (Phanpy, with 5 or 6 flags, moves, species and ability).

So, this new way is clearly slow that the previous one even with all this things to "speed" the hatch process.

ok, nobody cares about this, I know, but now I want to share my suggestion.

Allow parents IV inheritance

Allow to always inherit 3 IVs from the parents, the other 3 can be the same crap as they are today.

but lets use some math.

we have 6 attributes (HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed), using a neutral nature as example.

dividing the chances to pass in equals chances, we could have like 16% to pass, Attack, Defense, SATK, SDEF and Speed, and 20% to pass HP, i picked hp up because there is no nature that improves it.

How can i improve my chance to pass the attributes that I want?

for instance if i use an Adamant Phanpy as one of my offsprings, how the chances would be?

well this Phanpy will have like 20% to pass Attack, and 12% of chance to pass SATK, since its a +Attack -SATK nature, the other percentages will stay the same.

Using this factor, you can pick 3 attributes and inherit from his parents, EACH EGG WILL INHERIT 3 ATTRIBUTES FROM ITS PARENTS, ALWAYS.

I won't mind to hatch one egg per time IF, I could have a chance to be something good.

[spoiler]

sorry for my bad english btw

any fix will be gladly accepted.

[/spoiler]

Edited by felix

I think it might be nice to make the breeding mechanics easier. With the current system it's easier to hatch eggs (less time) but only hatching one at a time really cuts output. I could bike for ~15 minutes and hatch 5 crappy lotads back in the day (once i had eggs collected) with a chance of one being good enough to trade, now it takes around that long to hatch one pokemon and the chance of it being good is still the same. Granted, the new way is fun, but it seems like the "egg-move" pokemon trade is going to shit for competitve players because it's now time prohibitive to hatch comp pokemon. We simply don't have enough hours in a day to do this (work, school, etc.)!

Myself and others been struggling to contribute anything to the economy because of how prohibitive the breeding mechanics are to getting comp pokemon. I 100% prefer new mechanics to old, but I think IV inheritance has to be eased  a bit in order to make this game work.

Devs, pls do not wait on fixing some of these complaints. Your players are mad about a lot of things, and while I'm probably not going to RIP over this a lot of the less mature and understanding ones will, which is ultimately bad for your development process, bad for the still-interested players and bad for all the hard work you've put in to making this game. A lot of great players have already jumped ship because of how long it took to fix past problems (old breeding), I'm afraid more will follow..

:(

You can inherit IVs.

Of course you can, and its very easy, like putting two pokes with 30-31 all around and getting kids with 0-19.

Did u read what i wrote here? I am saying that 3 ivs will be inherited from its parents, always, not all attributes randomized like today.

I did understand. Yet, what u're suggesting will collapse the current competitive ally and economy itself making building comps too easy...

nah it'll make breeding them easier then it is now, however you will still have to breed them 1 at a time and get very few godly's. it'll still take you days to breed a comp curselax.

All they need to do is remove the 1 egg cap. Then we'll be good. The only thing that was wrong with the old system was the it too too long to actually hatch the eggs. Iv inheritance was fine, the way you got eggs from the old man was fine, the only thing that was wrong was the biking time. They could have simply lowed that and left everything else alone and i would have been happy, they could have just left it alone all together and i would have been less disappointed than i am now. The 1 egg cap is going to hurt the comp game greatly. New players will have trouble getting to be competitive and older players will have no will to get new pokes thus making them quit the game. 

We are, actually, doing something pretty similar to Gen 4's IV mechanics in this sense for the updated inheritance.

Those being:

• Allowing 3 random IVs to be inherited from the Parents.
  • For the other 3 IVs, doing pseudo-random rolls based on the current parents' IV averages. Meaning we limit the possible roll range based on the parents' current IVs in the stats that have not been passed. For example:
    • Mom has 20 in Attack, Dad has 10 in Attack. The roll range for your baby's pseudo-random Attack IV is now 0~15.