[Denied]More "Trade Chat" chat channels (Trade #1, Trade #2 etc.)

I think it would be a very good addition to have more than one 'channel' for the trade chat.

Benefits include:  Players being able to have their messages seen much more easily, will reduce spamming, and will help stimulate this game's economy in a positive way by increasing money flow.

This would probably be very difficult to moderate. I would imagine that even if there were separate sections, it would be a mess because people would simply disregard the  intended restrictions/limitations. I don't see a sure-fire way to implement this and keep it as intended.

Yes, all of those things plus a non comp/shiny pokemon tab

Do you think people will use the respected sub tab?
Do you think they won't put their "godly" level 5 magikarp in the shiny tab or comp tab?

Even when we have a trade chat, the global and channel chat is spammed with trades every now and then.
I feel this won't be of any help

This would probably be very difficult to moderate. I would imagine that even if there were separate sections, it would be a mess because people would simply disregard the  intended restrictions/limitations. I don't see a sure-fire way to implement this and keep it as intended.

this,i made a suggestion on a possible solution to fix trade chat a while back aswell,my idea involved making a sort of bulletin board in game where people could pay to have adverts put up and people could browse what was on offer there at their own leisure,a sort of in game trade corner so to speak...but yeah trade chat needs a fix,so the more suggestions put forward the better imo 

Do you think people will use the respected sub tab?
Do you think they won't put their "godly" level 5 magikarp in the shiny tab or comp tab?

Even when we have a trade chat, the global and channel chat is spammed with trades every now and then.
I feel this won't be of any help

lol players can't even tell the difference between global/normal/channel and trade chat... and you expect them use different trade chats....

Even if people don't follow this, it will still clear up the tabs and allow people's messages to be seen better, regardless of them following the right tab name

So maybe just make it "TRADE #1" and "TRADE #2" or just "TRADE 1" and "TRADE 2"

I think some of the trade channels would be completely abandoned.

I mean this simple guy who's gonna be like "looking for a houndour". I'd have sold/given him one, but I'd never see that message if  were too busy having only comps/shinies open.

Sometimes I'll buy things just because they're cheap. Like an EQ for 20k. And you would miss those offers if you have onnly the comps/shiny tabs open.

And really, five trade chats or so is a hassle.

I mean this simple guy who's gonna be like "looking for a houndour". I'd have sold/given him one, but I'd never see that message if  were too busy having only comps/shinies open.

Sometimes I'll buy things just because they're cheap. Like an EQ for 20k. And you would miss those offers if you have onnly the comps/shiny tabs open.

You can set your tabs up to have more than one trade chat in them. So you can still have all 2-4 chats or w/e displaying.

Even if ppl are posting in the wrong section doesnt mean it wont clear up the trade chat a lot. And if the community starts bitching at ppl that use the wrong tab like they do ppl who post a question thats already been posted on the forums then we can discourage this kind of thing ourselves. Sure itll still happen but idt this would be a big enough problem to discourage this kind of change in the trade chat. Btw barrage i only quoted you and not the others who pointed this out bc you were the first to point this out. Nothing personal :) 

On a side note i think we need to set standards for the way the word "godly" is used and start telling ppl that their adamant staryu with 0-3 def and 15-17 spcl atk is not fucking godly haha. 

I doubt any one of them would be completely abandoned.  I can't be the only one who gets sick of no one being able to see your messages.  I can see it going in waves;  one trade chat would fill up, another one will empty out, then another will fill up, and another would empty out, only to be filled back up again and steal the volume of players from another trade chat.

The only thing I could see, is making a shiny tab and a non-shiny tab.   "Comp" ivs are subjective for the most part, depending upon how picky the person is.   There could only reasonably be a split  from shiny and nonshiny.

Now what would happen with those 2 tabs is you can only post non-shiny pokemon in the comp tab, and then only shiny pokemon in the shiny tab.  If you could somehow block the posting of the different type of pokemon, that would be a decent thing.  However, it may be more work than it's worth.  It's a decent idea, but seems to be a lot more work to get implemented.

This is the biggest problem i can see with OP's idea. People will continue to spam and making multiple avenues to do so will only make spamming a bigger problem. Hell, if you look at global, a good percentage of the posts are people trying to spamtrade their shitty pokemon. Trade chat is mostly impossible to deal with and I don't know if it can be saved.

Even so, there would still be an average of half the normal amount of posts per tab.

The only thing I could see, is making a shiny tab and a non-shiny tab.   "Comp" ivs are subjective for the most part, depending upon how picky the person is.   There could only reasonably be a split  from shiny and nonshiny.

Now what would happen with those 2 tabs is you can only post non-shiny pokemon in the comp tab, and then only shiny pokemon in the shiny tab.  If you could somehow block the posting of the different type of pokemon, that would be a decent thing.  However, it may be more work than it's worth.  It's a decent idea, but seems to be a lot more work to get implemented.

This gives me an idea...  It could also be made so that way if you have a pokemon, you always have to post the link to your pokemon's stats.  That would prevent people from being able to post in the wrong tab (ie, non-shinnies in the shiny tab, and shinnies in the non-shiny tab).

• 1 year later...

There is no need to have multiple trade tabs. Sure, trade chat is very used and can be considered "spammy", but players that are actually actively looking for stuff to buy on trade chat will most likely not miss anything, especially if the person selling is sending that message multiple times. I don't know about anything else, but I try to look at every single line in trade chat. If not, what's the point of being in trade chat looking for things you want to buy?