Give breeders an option to hatch eggs while not being active in game with a time penalty.

codylramey

Question

Well i searched for this and couldnt find anything in the suggestion forums that relate to this. I would be really surprised if this hasnt been mentioned before and i missed it but anyway...

The afk timer on eggs is the timer that doesnt allow eggs to hatch after not doing something in the game for a min or two and is a pointless feature that to my understanding is there to encourage game play and not allow ppl to be inactive in game. Thats all fine and dandy if breeding wasnt what most ppl have to do during the endgame. Sure you can money grind and ev train, but most of us while breeding just want to breed. So what do we do? We spectate battles we dont care about (which unless recently fixed doesnt keep the afk timer off us, i heard you can be kicked while spectating long battles) we spam trade chat with pokes we dont care about, and we stand around moving a space or two once in a while. Does this sound like good game play? Not to mention this still encourages botting. The afk timer on eggs adds nothing to the game and makes breeding a burden. And its not like a player can be very productive while going afk for extremely long periods of time. You still have to unlock the flags of each egg. 

Okay the way the egg timer works is this. You have to unlock 4 flags for the timer to start. After you have 4 flags unlocked the timer starts. That doesnt have to change. The way the timer works is on a point system. You have to have a certain amount of points going towards an egg hatching b4 it hatches. For example bagon needs 124 points to hatch. The way you get these points is simply being active in the game after the first 4 flags are unlocked. You get points = to the amount of flags you unlocked every 30 seconds. So a bagon would take 930 seconds or 15 min and 30 sec to hatch with 4 flags unlocked. But if you are marked as afk you dont get those points until you are unmarked. My suggestion is simply make it to where after 4 flags are unlocked if you are marked as afk instead of 4 points per 30 seconds you get 2. So it would take 1860 seconds or 31 min to hatch a bagon egg. So the flags are still there while afk, but you dont get hatching points for all of them.

Pros:

• Makes breeding less of a burden
  • Lets busier players do things like homework while improving their comp team
  • Any breeding bots, if there are any, will be gone.

Cons

• People will be afk 20-30 min at a time. So what?

Edit: Since i know a lot of ppl dont read comments im adding two other suggestions that i posted in the thread that can be done instead of removing the afk timer from egg hatching. I think that these two things would give everybody what they want when it comes to breeding

1st an incubator in the lab. You pay the scientist like 4-5k to use it, you put the egg in and it starts to hatch. This way you arnt being rewarded for afk play, but are paying for the privilege of not having the burden of the egg while hatching. Btw when i say afk play, i dont just mean truely afk. Most of the time when im "afk" im still at my pc in just not doing anything in the game bc theres nothing else i want to do. Anyway Maybe it can force you to turn it every 10 min or so. This would allow you to just focus on breeding without having to grind. It wont allow you to go completely afk, and it would be a good money sink. (With payday i think we need more of those)

2nd This is sort of a silly idea but i wanted to post it and see what response i get. Some sort of minigame you pay for to play that allows for faster hatching. Maybe like a snake game where for every point you get adds a point toward the egg hatching. After like 20 points it starts adding 2 points. When you lose you have to pay to play again. This can be added in with the incubator idea to. So those who wants faster hatching can play this game, those who want less involved hatching can use the incubator and those who want to grind payday or evtrain can do that with their egg too.

Edit: For anyone that may not get this, i am not talking about any other mechanic about breeding except the little timer that will stop your egg from hatching if you have been sitting there w/o pushing any buttons for a min or two. Im not tlking about the point system for egg hatching , im not tlking about the flag system, im not talking about the w8 for eggs, although some of those mechanics were mentioned i dont want to change them. I just want to change the timer that is in charge of stopping eggs from hatching if you havent pressed a button in game in a while.

And you're making generalizations too. Ive actually talked to ppl who told me they were doing those things i listed just to keep the afk timer off them. Its only been a few ppl but its not really a convo that you just bring up. I posted a topic asking how to keep the afk timer off you i got quite a few ppl say they usually do the things that i listed just to keep the afk timer off them.

Also this thread isnt without its support. Its pretty much split down the middle. If you count the guy who had no idea what i was talking about i have  like1 less supporter than people who dont like the idea. 

The OP has 3 likes, and only one person has commented to voice their support. Compare that to any other idea with traction in the suggestion box and that's pretty telling. Also, just saying "yeah i've talked to a few people who agree with me" is meaningless. Literally anyone could say that about any idea.

The OP has 3 likes, and only one person has commented to voice their support. Compare that to any other idea with traction in the suggestion box and that's pretty telling. Also, just saying "yeah i've talked to a few people who agree with me" is meaningless. Literally anyone could say that about any idea.

I didnt say that they agree with me, they are just examples of more ppl who find easy ways to keep the afk timer off them as opposed to playing the game. You can believe me or not idc, but im not the only one who, while breeding, just wants to keep the afk timer off them. 

I didnt say that they agree with me, they are just examples of more ppl who find easy ways to keep the afk timer off them as opposed to playing the game. You can believe me or not idc, but im not the only one who, while breeding, just wants to keep the afk timer off them. 

Guess what? By "finding easy ways to keep the afk timer off them," that's called playing the game. In fact, playing the game is the easiest way to keep the AFK timer off you. TBH, if you're not ev training or money grinding while hatching eggs, you're wasting your time.

I mean seriously, look at how easy the system is now. Take advantage of the system as it is instead of asking for easier, lazier ways to exploit it.

Guess what? By "finding easy ways to keep the afk timer off them," that's called playing the game. In fact, playing the game is the easiest way to keep the AFK timer off you. TBH, if you're not ev training or money grinding while hatching eggs, you're wasting your time.

I mean seriously, look at how easy the system is now. Take advantage of the system as it is instead of asking for easier, lazier ways to exploit it.

Yes standing around and moving a space or two every 30 seconds or posting your reject pokes you never hope to sell just to keep the afk timer off you is playing the game. And so wat if i or anyone else wants to waste time while w8ing for eggs. Thats our choice, and we should have that choice. Not be forced to ev train or grind something while we are already grinding for pokes. And im going to stop responding to u now bc ur doing nothing but shit posting. We are going to have to agree to disagree, u have voiced your opinion, i appreciate ur input, now unless you have something different to say this convo is done.

Yes standing around and moving a space or two every 30 seconds or posting your reject pokes you never hope to sell just to keep the afk timer off you is playing the game. And so wat if i or anyone else wants to waste time while w8ing for eggs. Thats our choice, and we should have that choice. Not be forced to ev train or grind something while we are already grinding for pokes. And im going to stop responding to u now bc ur doing nothing but shit posting. We are going to have to agree to disagree, u have voiced your opinion, i appreciate ur input, now unless you have something different to say this convo is done.

Cody, next time you make a suggestion, I hope you ask yourself the following: "Is this what's best for the game as a whole? Or is this just what's best for me?"

I'm not shit posting (not sure you know what that means), but I will lay off, as I've made my opinion on the matter quite clear. It won't be long before Darkshade drops one of his one-line hammers on this suggestion anyways.

I'm sorry but the reason that the flags were introduced and egg wait time was reduced was to have more gameplay in breeding and this idea is just ruining the point of the changes.

We should go back to BikeMMO as well?

This isnt about the flags nor is it about the egg w8 time. Its about the fact that we are forced to find something to grind while we are already grinding. We dont have the option to just breed and nothing more.  I mean we do but we have to go through annoying steps to do so. Imo the way breeding is is great. If you need to ev train something or need to grind for money you have the option to do so while breeding. But you dont have the option to just sit there and breed, and i think we should.

Cody, next time you make a suggestion, I hope you ask yourself the following: "Is this what's best for the game as a whole? Or is this just what's best for me?"

I'm not shit posting (not sure you know what that means), but I will lay off, as I've made my opinion on the matter quite clear. It won't be long before Darkshade drops one of his one-line hammers on this suggestion anyways.

Thank you.

Let's bring canon into this, could you just sit there and breed an egg in real pokemon? No. In an MMO environment should you just be able to sit there doing nothing when your online? No, because you should be playing and in PokeMMO and any other MMO if you are not doing anything you should be kicked from the server. No matter what there is always something you can do in that downtime and if you don't know what to do, find something.

Let's bring canon into this, could you just sit there and breed an egg in real pokemon? No. In an MMO environment should you just be able to sit there doing nothing when your online? No, because you should be playing and in PokeMMO and any other MMO if you are not doing anything you should be kicked from the server. No matter what there is always something you can do in that downtime and if you don't know what to do, find something.

Its been a while since i played cannon pokemon, and i deff didnt breed that much. But im pretty sure in pokemon you can just sit there and collect eggs if you wanted to. In other mmos you can benefit from standing around. A lot of the time its in the form of healing. Some mmos have things you can grind while afk. And do other mmos force you to grind other things in order to grind for something else? There are things we CAN do, but why should we be forced to do these when we are already grinding for pokes? I mean you guys make it sound like i want something with out actually having to play the game, thats not the case. Im not saying hey we should be able to automatically get the eggs, unlock the flags, and have the eggs hatch. No all im asking is if i want to just grind for pokes and not have to worry about ev training, bc maybe i hire someone else to do that, pay day grind, bc maybe i make enough money selling my reject pokes, i should be able to just grind for pokes. Why make us grind when we are already grinding. And damn i said grind a lot.

I meant hatching the eggs for cannon. Grinding is the MMO side of it, you could always spectate a battle and open a different tab, or you can watch the battle and have entertainment. This accomplishes the same thing, it's already in game and can be done in less time then you suggest.

I dont mind grinding, its just when im forced to grind while already grinding it becomes a bigger pain than it needs to be. Yea ive been told the spectate thing, but im pretty sure after the first min of spectating the afk timer kicks in. Ive been meaning to test this again bc it would be great if that has changed and youre right it would make this suggestion pointless. 

I have spectators a battle without doing anything for 5 minutes and I was fine, sure I kept an eye on it, but I was not kicked from the server.

Its not being kicked thats the problem. After a min of not doing anything in the game your egg is no longer hatching. When i tested whether or not spectating battles kept this from happening it took 20 min of running around to hatch my egg with 4 flags. After 40 min of spectating battles with 4 flags up the same egg still didnt hatch. It will however eventually hatch if you are switching battles every min bc the act of pressing the button to spectate keeps the egg timer going. But after a min of spectating the same battle w/o chatting or doing anything else the egg timer stops. At least thats what i have found while testing this. Im currently testing it again to see if that still holds true.

Its not being kicked thats the problem. After a min of not doing anything in the game your egg is no longer hatching. When i tested whether or not spectating battles kept this from happening it took 20 min of running around to hatch my egg with 4 flags. After 40 min of spectating battles with 4 flags up the same egg still didnt hatch. It will however eventually hatch if you are switching battles every min bc the act of pressing the button to spectate keeps the egg timer going. But after a min of spectating the same battle w/o chatting or doing anything else the egg timer stops. At least thats what i have found while testing this. Im currently testing it again to see if that still holds true.

As of yesterday, spectating battles doesn't trigger the afk timer for eggs. I went and flagged 4 moves in cinnebar before the tuesday night throwdown, and my egg hatched halfway through the 2nd battle i spectated

I believe 4 flags is the problem, No matter what I go for all 7 as when I get 4 the timer starts and when I get the other 3 to make it seven the timer has already ran for a little bit and it will go faster with all 7.

Yes it is true that 7 flags is faster I was simply testing if you can hatch eggs by solely spectating battles. The results were no but that may have changed. 

This isnt about the flags nor is it about the egg w8 time. Its about the fact that we are forced to find something to grind while we are already grinding. We dont have the option to just breed and nothing more.  I mean we do but we have to go through annoying steps to do so. Imo the way breeding is is great. If you need to ev train something or need to grind for money you have the option to do so while breeding. But you dont have the option to just sit there and breed, and i think we should.

I'm saying the idea undermines the reason the flags for breeding is even in the game.

I'm saying the idea undermines the reason the flags for breeding is even in the game.

Oh i see what you are saying. The thing is the reason for the flags was to make breeding more interactive. But breeding isnt interactive with or without the afk timer. You go to cinnabar, then run from 5 battles. That is all that is involved in breeding. The afk timer just forces you to do something else while w8ing for eggs to hatch. As I mentioned b4 a lot of ppl dont do anything besides chasing the afk timer away. A lot of ppl do pay day grind/train their pokes but why force ppl to do that kind of stuff in order to breed. 

Oh i see what you are saying. The thing is the reason for the flags was to make breeding more interactive. But breeding isnt interactive with or without the afk timer. You go to cinnabar, then run from 5 battles. That is all that is involved in breeding. The afk timer just forces you to do something else while w8ing for eggs to hatch. As I mentioned b4 a lot of ppl dont do anything besides chasing the afk timer away. A lot of ppl do pay day grind/train their pokes but why force ppl to do that kind of stuff in order to breed. 

It's more interactive than biking from one side of 4 island to the other 100 times.

And afk timer is a must have so that people can't afk and full the server while others are trying to get in.

Lastly anyone who breeds lots can say that if you went to Cinnabar and used the egg move thing 4 times that it is very very costly.

It's more interactive than biking from one side of 4 island to the other 100 times.

And afk timer is a must have so that people can't afk and full the server while others are trying to get in.

Lastly anyone who breeds lots can say that if you went to Cinnabar and used the egg move thing 4 times that it is very very costly.

Okay you obviously not understanding what i want. Its not the afk timer that kicks you from the game that i want gone. Its the afk timer that only las like a min that stops ur eggs from hatching that i want gone. You sit around for a min the egg stops hatching, i want that to change. And if you  are grinding payday/ev training while you are trying to harch an egg bc you want that timer to keep off your ass you arnt doing something that is involved with breeding so breeding itself isnt that interactive. Its simply giving ppl the option to do other things while breeding, which is great but i believe you shouldnt be forced to do those other things in order to breed

Im just saying this is going to be a worthless thing to add, breeding cant be any easier

Theres nothing to add. My main suggestion is simply to take a way the afk timer placed on eggs, the other two suggestions were just sub suggerstions, and theres next to no development tim required removing the afk timer.. And it doesnt really make breeding easier just less annoying bc you wont be forced to grind while already grinding. It would not help you get better pokes, if they did decide to simply double the time it took to hatch eggs while inactive (which would take minimal development time) it would actually still be greatly beneficial to be active in game while breeding when compared to being inactive. But those who do just want to stand around and w8 for their eggs to hatch will have the option to do so.