Give breeders an option to hatch eggs while not being active in game with a time penalty.

codylramey

Question

Well i searched for this and couldnt find anything in the suggestion forums that relate to this. I would be really surprised if this hasnt been mentioned before and i missed it but anyway...

The afk timer on eggs is the timer that doesnt allow eggs to hatch after not doing something in the game for a min or two and is a pointless feature that to my understanding is there to encourage game play and not allow ppl to be inactive in game. Thats all fine and dandy if breeding wasnt what most ppl have to do during the endgame. Sure you can money grind and ev train, but most of us while breeding just want to breed. So what do we do? We spectate battles we dont care about (which unless recently fixed doesnt keep the afk timer off us, i heard you can be kicked while spectating long battles) we spam trade chat with pokes we dont care about, and we stand around moving a space or two once in a while. Does this sound like good game play? Not to mention this still encourages botting. The afk timer on eggs adds nothing to the game and makes breeding a burden. And its not like a player can be very productive while going afk for extremely long periods of time. You still have to unlock the flags of each egg. 

Okay the way the egg timer works is this. You have to unlock 4 flags for the timer to start. After you have 4 flags unlocked the timer starts. That doesnt have to change. The way the timer works is on a point system. You have to have a certain amount of points going towards an egg hatching b4 it hatches. For example bagon needs 124 points to hatch. The way you get these points is simply being active in the game after the first 4 flags are unlocked. You get points = to the amount of flags you unlocked every 30 seconds. So a bagon would take 930 seconds or 15 min and 30 sec to hatch with 4 flags unlocked. But if you are marked as afk you dont get those points until you are unmarked. My suggestion is simply make it to where after 4 flags are unlocked if you are marked as afk instead of 4 points per 30 seconds you get 2. So it would take 1860 seconds or 31 min to hatch a bagon egg. So the flags are still there while afk, but you dont get hatching points for all of them.

Pros:

• Makes breeding less of a burden
  • Lets busier players do things like homework while improving their comp team
  • Any breeding bots, if there are any, will be gone.

Cons

• People will be afk 20-30 min at a time. So what?

Edit: Since i know a lot of ppl dont read comments im adding two other suggestions that i posted in the thread that can be done instead of removing the afk timer from egg hatching. I think that these two things would give everybody what they want when it comes to breeding

1st an incubator in the lab. You pay the scientist like 4-5k to use it, you put the egg in and it starts to hatch. This way you arnt being rewarded for afk play, but are paying for the privilege of not having the burden of the egg while hatching. Btw when i say afk play, i dont just mean truely afk. Most of the time when im "afk" im still at my pc in just not doing anything in the game bc theres nothing else i want to do. Anyway Maybe it can force you to turn it every 10 min or so. This would allow you to just focus on breeding without having to grind. It wont allow you to go completely afk, and it would be a good money sink. (With payday i think we need more of those)

2nd This is sort of a silly idea but i wanted to post it and see what response i get. Some sort of minigame you pay for to play that allows for faster hatching. Maybe like a snake game where for every point you get adds a point toward the egg hatching. After like 20 points it starts adding 2 points. When you lose you have to pay to play again. This can be added in with the incubator idea to. So those who wants faster hatching can play this game, those who want less involved hatching can use the incubator and those who want to grind payday or evtrain can do that with their egg too.

Edit: For anyone that may not get this, i am not talking about any other mechanic about breeding except the little timer that will stop your egg from hatching if you have been sitting there w/o pushing any buttons for a min or two. Im not tlking about the point system for egg hatching , im not tlking about the flag system, im not talking about the w8 for eggs, although some of those mechanics were mentioned i dont want to change them. I just want to change the timer that is in charge of stopping eggs from hatching if you havent pressed a button in game in a while.