[Denied]In-game "newspaper" for miscellaneous community information

Basicaly an ingame buyable news paper that will contain certain informations.

It is a known fact that pretty much everything is in the forums yet it is highly optimistic to think everyone will be using it, so i came up with an idea, here is the concept:

1- Self refreshing news whenever something comes up (like mewtwo or a swarm)
[spoiler] yes the info can be seen from the TV it can't be expected from players to sit infront of the TV the whole day to confirm a swarm[/spoiler]
2- A section to notify players if there is an official event coming up.
3- Allowing players to post their unofficial tournaments to that section.
4- A section that gives info about certain guides or linking it.
these are most of the essential things i can think of atm pretty sure more needed things will be pointed out with some feedback

A decent fee (Poke yen) to buy the newspaper, can be bought daily or registered as monthly.

How will it work ; if the newspaper bought as daily, the informations will be accessable for 24 hours and will expire when the time is done. Monthly however, will drain the required fee each day in order to keep the paper going... However, if the player who purchased as monthly doesn't have the required fee, the paper will expire and the fee will be cut from the user on the next purchase ( for example ; 1k fee for each payment, upon late payment the next fee will be 2k) 

Pros : Perfect for money sink and highly usefull

Cons : Nothing i can think of

Here are some examples for the headlights :

Front Page : Team Lyle is on a winning streak
Front Page upon mewtwo encounter : <nickname> has captured the rogue mewtwo, but can he get a hold of the mewtwo? lets see who can entertain mewtwo / <nickname> has defeated <nickname> and the mewtwo found this new trainer more suitable as a trainer, trainers whom wants to prove their worth to mewtwo can battle its trainer at cerulean cave channel 7.
Front Page upon a swarm : Breaking News, baltoy's which were considered as extinct has made an appearence at the tanoby ruins.
Second Page : Our talented trainers have gathered several pokemon to cheer up smee. Smee is now a happy smeargle and playing along with his friends

Third Page : An epic clash will take place in Sliph Co. today at 11 PM EST. more details in our official page <link>
Third Page upon the time of the tourney is at hand : The arena will be ready for our trainers to beging their clash in # minutes. 

Forth Page : Trainers decided to have a little showdown among themselfs to measure their skills.

Fifth Page : Can't get an egg? our skilled trainers have the information you require, more can be found in our official page <link>

Note : Mewtwo appearences, system announcements, Upcoming official/unofficial tournaments will keep on refreshing the pages
Also, since mewtwo's system announcements doesn't show up if the player has logged in after the announcement was made, with this mewtwo can be located.
Sub-Note : if mewtwo hasn't changed ownership within 5 minutes, the newspaper will announce the location.

Note 2 : The order of the pages were randomized upon consideration the order can be changed.

Edited by Malorne

I like the idea of annoucing unofficial tournaments, for all that people who dont use forums.

But if is a newspaper, that mean can be updated after u buy it? if not, for example i buy a newspaper, and 5 minuts after some new data is added, that mean i must buy another newpaper to see this data?

I like the idea of annoucing unofficial tournaments, for all that people who dont use forums.

But if is a newspaper, that mean can be updated after u buy it? if not, for example i buy a newspaper, and 5 minuts after some new data is added, that mean i must buy another newpaper to see this data?

Yeah but if you buy it daily for example, there only refresh during the 24h? This is not Hogwards, why no better implementing smartphones with internet :v)

think of it as an iPad newspaper

When i think about a iPad newspaper, i think too in a portable PC Box, a better way to get info about swarms, and a form to contact the daycare guy remotely (skype? :lol: ), asking if there is a new egg for us.

I think changing the newspaper to something digital can provide new type of functionality, but this suggestion is not about it, anyways i think something like a information HUD is needed on this game.

When i think about a iPad newspaper, i think too in a portable PC Box, a better way to get info about swarms, and a form to contact the daycare guy remotely (skype? :lol: ), asking if there is a new egg for us.

I think changing the newspaper to something digital can provide new type of functionality, but this suggestion is not about it, anyways i think something like a information HUD is needed on this game.

Don't think of this as an IRL newspaper... since the game itself is digital, with a little coding everything is possible...
Confirming Eggs via newspaper is not an option coz this means the newspaper will be personal rather than being for everyone. Besides, when your egg hatches another will probably be ready to be recieved.

Good examples, also thinking in what new stuff can be added, what about little space saying how many shinies was catched this day, and a column with "did you know...?", displaying some interesting facts about pokemons.

Good examples, also thinking in what new stuff can be added, what about little space saying how many shinies was catched this day, and a column with "did you know...?", displaying some interesting facts about pokemons.

very good, random articles can bring a little joy to it aswell xD

Love this idea! Particularly pleased with the "Can't get an egg?" part. +10 For helpfulness and originality.

That being said, I don't see anyone wanting to drop even 1k on a newspaper. Some players (me) hardly care enough to carry 1k on us. I think the price could be adjusted to 1k for a one-time purchase, or 500 a day for a subscription, but maybe I'm just a dead beat. xD

Love this idea! Particularly pleased with the "Can't get an egg?" part. +10 For helpfulness and originality.

That being said, I don't see anyone wanting to drop even 1k on a newspaper. Some players (me) hardly care enough to carry 1k on us. I think the price could be adjusted to 1k for a one-time purchase, or 500 a day for a subscription, but maybe I'm just a dead beat. xD

its basicaly a sub-forum and system announcements concept combined inside the game to provide valid information and help new players at the same time, more of an portable teach TV with more information an options in it, 1k is just a commercial price and fairly reasonable. It might be less or more depending on DEV's decision to adopt this idea... 

Beg pardon, I didn't phrase my last post well. It's not that I think 1k is unreasonable, you can go out and earn it in literally one or two minutes in the end-game, but day after day it adds up somewhat quickly, and might discourage some players (especially new ones, who are the ones who need this most IMO) from buying it. I know small details like this are always open to change when/if the idea actually gets implemented, I just thought I'd put my two cents in.

Edit: I still didn't word that well... It's not unreasonable, but it might make some people who would use it, not use it, and I feel like this is could be really beneficial to the point that as many people as possible who aren't on the forums should want to use it.

Beg pardon, I didn't phrase my last post well. It's not that I think 1k is unreasonable, you can go out and earn it in literally one or two minutes in the end-game, but day after day it adds up somewhat quickly, and might discourage some players (especially new ones, who are the ones who need this most IMO) from buying it. I know small details like this are always open to change when/if the idea actually gets implemented, I just thought I'd put my two cents in.

Edit: I still didn't word that well... It's not unreasonable, but it might make some people who would use it, not use it, and I feel like this is could be really beneficial to the point that as many people as possible who aren't on the forums should want to use it.

How will it work ; if the newspaper bought as daily, the informations will be accessable for 24 hours and will expire when the time is done. Monthly however, will drain the required fee each day in order to keep the paper going... However, if the player who purchased as monthly doesn't have the required fee, the paper will expire and the fee will be cut from the user on the next purchase ( for example ; 1k fee for each payment, upon late payment the next fee will be 2k) 

to put it simply, "can't afford it? get richer"

or maybe 1 time purchasing the monthly subscription for 30k?

to put it simply, "can't afford it? get richer"

or maybe 1 time purchasing the monthly subscription for 30k?

If you bought a copy each day for a year it would cost around 365000, which is an okay price.

a monthly subscription would save you 5000k maybe make a special gift in some newspapers?

Or maybe like a lottery sort of deal every week?

Like one of the players who buys a copy may receive a prize such as a shiny, comp pokemon or a special vanity item of sorts?~

(Maybe more than one person would win a prize each week, but it would encourage people to keep reading)

Good one, however I don't think the data about tournaments (such as lyle being on a winning streak or when the next event is going to be) and such cannot be done. this is because "tournaments" are no added content in the server game code but they're staff organized events the server doesn't even recognize as a tournament but more as a collection of player entities performing activities in the same area

the staff however, could add in a staff only command that inserts tournament data into the newspaper but thats terrible design

Love it.

Maybe the change log after an update could be in it.

Also I like the idea of having monthly sub fee that saves you a bit.

+1

Good one, however I don't think the data about tournaments (such as lyle being on a winning streak or when the next event is going to be) and such cannot be done. this is because "tournaments" are no added content in the server game code but they're staff organized events the server doesn't even recognize as a tournament but more as a collection of player entities performing activities in the same area

the staff however, could add in a staff only command that inserts tournament data into the newspaper but thats terrible design

Think of it as an upgraded Help FAQ which contains system announcements and some upgraded features such as stated in the OP.
The reason why i thought about the tournaments is only 1/3 of the total players use the forums, which means 2/3 is unaware of most official tourneys and such, this will ultimately bring more colour into the competitive state and at the same time adding more useful features in it to provide support, information and saving the game's state being forum related only.

(important double post)
considering zakaveli's con, should it be allowed for members to post their unofficial tournaments to only one page and one post only? if so should there be a posting fee for making one? bc if not, this means staff will need to add unofficials manually by themselfs (if it will be considered to be implemented that is). Discuss

Am I wrong in summarizing this as a brief and shorter version of the current news/issues/events (The forums) in game? To be fair it would involve some time devoted from staff members to update. It would make more sense to link players to the forums somehow ( I am not condoning this, just stating it would make more sense than the time this would involve and the low level of payoff in comparison). While it is a cute idea, in the long run the forums serve this purpose in my opinion. 

I also can't see a staff picking this idea up, making it editable without the need of an update and then giving some staff members control of doing so. That type of control is left in the hands of the devs, not for the staff that would "have the time" to do so.