[Denied] breed higher ivs

This is not going to happen, and if you do not understand the reasons that many COMP AND EXPERIENCED players already gave to you, and you want an easy game for babies, go and download an emulator, and play FireRed with gameshark.

seems more like wanting to secure a position and avoid having more competition

as said, i already have my team, at least read the thread before posting

i don't see people addressing my points while i did counter the given by others

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed reference to removed content

looks more like a ragequit than an argument don't you think?

seems more like wanting to secure a position and avoid having more competition

as said, i already have my team, at least read the thread before posting

i don't see people addressing my points while i did counter the given by others

We can't address your points because there were none.

a lot of players get discouraged to breed because of the -8 to +3, besides, ""most"" of players hate the breeding part and have no fun at it whatsoever

so i think iv inheritance should be boosted to an equal amount of - and + or even a greater chance of a +

that and/or reducing hatching times or flags needed

i know some old players want to secure their places by making it hard to newcomers who were not able to breed dittos and still don't have a fully bred team, but i think this will produce more comp players as result

I think -8/+4 would be perfect personally

I think -8/+4 would be perfect personally

in that sense breeding is in part like the slot machines (with the + of having less chances of winning), and we all know how popular are the ones at celadon, if people were not forced to go throw breeding to get good pokes, they wouldn't, and if people would to avoid a part of  A GAME, you know there is something to be fixed

breeding is more of anxiety than enjoyment, and takes more time than the time you are actually using the pokemon

It sounds to me that the original poster wants to make it to where new players can jump right into the competitive world with godly pokemon.

I must say again, that this is an mmo that requires time investment. Not everyone should be given everything at the beginning.

YES, there will be gaps between people who have diiferent play times. That's how the game is. If you want to become good, then invest your time and aquire pokeyen to buy the comps, catch godly parents, and/or breed.

This is NOT your standard pokemon game. It is not designed to blatantly give everyone the best possible pokemon. It is designed so that you have to put in a bit of effort to aquire such pokemon, so that when you do crush another's team, you will have a great sense of satisfaction.

If this is not what you think the game should be like, then go back to the cartridge games or pokemon showdown.

I also suggest that this thread be locked for obvious reasons.

It sounds to me that the original poster wants to make it to where new players can jump right into the competitive world with godly pokemon.

I must say again, that this is an mmo that requires time investment. Not everyone should be given everything at the beginning.

YES, there will be gaps between people who have diiferent play times. That's how the game is. If you want to become good, then invest your time and aquire pokeyen to buy the comps, catch godly parents, and/or breed.

This is NOT your standard pokemon game. It is not designed to blatantly give everyone the best possible pokemon. It is designed so that you have to put in a bit of effort to aquire such pokemon, so that when you do crush another's team, you will have a great sense of satisfaction.

If this is not what you think the game should be like, then go back to the cartridge games or pokemon showdown.

one of the points given by the other side was that people in gilds are given free godly pokes to breed, so that makes things kinda worse

im not talking just about different playtimes, but about  in which era you started playing. for example before we could breed dittos so old players have access to those dittos

also, asking a polite thread to be locked is kind of acknowledging you are not standing much of an argument

one of the points given by the other side was that people in gilds are given free godly pokes to breed, so that makes things kinda worse

im not talking just about different playtimes, but about  in which era you started playing. for example before we could breed dittos so old players have access to those dittos

Wait we could breed dittos at one point?

Where have i been

also, asking a polite thread to be locked is kind of acknowledging you are not standing much of an argument

that point of breeding ditto's is irrelevant,

it was a bug which lasted 5 days & maybe 15 people knew about it.

if you want a godly ditto, go farm them like all of us did

im not talking just about different playtimes, but about in which era you started playing. for example before we could breed dittos so old players have access to those dittos

Honestly my only response now is: "deal with it"
It's not like this game is that hard to get godlies anyways... (-8/+3 is already insanely good).

and you wanna know something? I started playing after dittos could not breed. But you wanna know how I got my godly pokemon? I went out, invested some time, and CAUGHT a godly male horsea (modest 29/29/27/29/31/30) and then used that to breed other pokemon.

so again, "deal with it" and stop complaining. Its not like it is that hard right now anyways...

edit: I don't actually know when the ditto glitch occured, but I assume I wasn't around for it...

a lot of players get discouraged to breed because of the -8 to +3, besides, ""most"" of players hate the breeding part and have no fun at it whatsoever

If anything -8+3 has encouraged new breeders. Take a look at the market today and compare it with 4 months back... A clear difference can be seen. New breeders coming out everyday.

so i think iv inheritance should be boosted to an equal amount of - and + or even a greater chance of a +
that and/or reducing hatching times or flags needed

That would kill the purpose of "obtaining" a pokemon in the first place- you can just start off with randoms and get godlies! causing a drop in their value and hence crashing the market.
You are thinking here from a single player's point of view not an MMO's point of view...

Moreover breeding should require effort- when someone shows a 6x31 or 5x31OT in chat, it should reflect the hard work the person put into it.

Also check this thread out https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/36836-iv-inheritance-nerf/

If anything -8+3 has encouraged new breeders. Take a look at the market today and compare it with 4 months back... A clear difference can be seen. New breeders coming out everyday.

You can see Pokemon with 5x 31s go for nothing where a few months ago would have costed a pretty penny ( hue )

RacheLucario: "What I suggest is to change the minimum roll to be 1/3 the parents' average instead of -6."

This is what I support. This would make at an avg. 28 IVs a 7-31 range which would erase easy breeding, and actually make it an accomplishment. (-8 is still too easy).

in that sense breeding is in part like the slot machines (with the + of having less chances of winning), and we all know how popular are the ones at celadon, if people were not forced to go throw breeding to get good pokes, they wouldn't, and if people would to avoid a part of  A GAME, you know there is something to be fixed
breeding is more of anxiety than enjoyment, and takes more time than the time you are actually using the pokemon

So you want breeding as -0/+31 I guess ?

if you want a godly ditto, go farm them like all of us did

even while breeding 2 godlies, the vast majority of eggs will be worse than both parents due to the -8, that without counting ability and nature.

while breeding a 5x31s poke with one close to that, i wasted an insane amount of time in eggs worse than both parents

about the rest, stop the personal attacks, i'm doing this out of egoism, just because of the stated reasons

Edit

that kinda proves my point, if you have in mind that before it was harder and nature inheritance was upgraded at the same time
Edited by XelaKebert
Please don't double post

that kinda proves my point, if you have in mind that before it was harder

How does it prove your point? (Please be clear)

and nature inheritance was upgraded at the same time

Nature inheritance is more favourable now than it was before.
So it is only encourages breeders further.

Your point was that breeding system discourages breeders.

[spoiler]Also you ignored the rest of my reply[/spoiler]

even while breeding 2 godlies, the vast majority of eggs will be worse than both parents due to the -8, that without counting ability and nature.

"vast majority"

not true. If both parents are godly, 3 stats are ensured to be godly and then the other three stats will be atleast 20+ (assuming 28+ is "godly") which isn't bad.

Therefore there would actually be an even spread of good and bad babies. Not a "vast majority".

It takes lots of time, or sometimes you'll be lucky. Deal with it!

For example I bred Bagon with 29/31/30/22/15/30  and 30/29/25/31/20/31

I've got a 4x31 and a 5x31 in about an hour, and later i got only bad Bagon eggs (2x31 and 3x31)

So it also needs luck for passing the right Iv's.

I personally find Breeding way to easy..

(p.s my playtime is only 110 hours) 

How does it prove your point? (Please be clear)

Nature inheritance is more favourable now than it was before.
So it is only encourages breeders further.

Your point was that breeding system discourages breeders.

[spoiler]Also you ignored the rest of my reply[/spoiler]

my point was that hard breeding discourages, and as it was said, easier breeding made more people to start doing it, another factor that contributed to this was that people were now able to easily check ivs (and many people leaned about ivs due to it)

"vast majority"

not true. If both parents are godly, 3 stats are ensured to be godly and then the other three stats will be atleast 20+ (assuming 28+ is "godly") which isn't bad.

Therefore there would actually be an even spread of good and bad babies. Not a "vast majority".

lets say you have 2 parents with 5x 31s (thing not so easily achievable), and that the faulty iv are in different stats, you will get hatches and hatches of eggs worse than both parents
Edited by XelaKebert
Please stop double posting.

If you could easily breed 31s across the board, then there would be no MMO grind and this wouldn't have an appealing aspect other than a half finished piss poor meta. Handhelds make people soft, breeding comps in this game is ridiculously easy unless you're using crap IV parents.