[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Our current Sandslash seemed a bit lacking to me, so I found this version from the Japanese uploader:

aw6k5e.png

And then I worked on it until I came up with this:

2ng75va.png

I'm not the best at shading, but is it better?

If anyone else wants to work on it, the darker eye color may be used for highlights on the legs.

Edit:

Revisiting the Mewtwo that was being worked on a while back, I made some edits to the back sprite to match front's expression:

210k6le.png

Edited by Kickern

@Kickern

Isn't that the same Sandslash we have in the patch? Also, I feel your eyes are a bit too light and clashes with the blush. Try to use a darker tone for the red eyes. The front hairbang's highlight look a bit messy, try cleaning up the upper half portion and make it look like a halo/oval shape.

EDIT: Halo ring/oval ring, I mean.

07_hair_highlight.jpg

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

2j5zaps.png

2hef3mv.png

@kierby

Too soon to start worrying about shiny colors, but I did it for you anyway:

50s0gh.png

If you're still using MS Paint, use the color picker tool to stick with the palette shown in the corner.

See what else you can do with it, I'm sure It can be better yet.

@Hardcore

I like this pair of leg the most. 

2rh78ls.png

Her upper body looks huge compare to the lower body though, and there's that weird bump underneath her left leg (which I assume is her thigh, but it's too rigid) Can we work on the helmet, face and the hair more? The left arm still looks weird in terms of pose. Maybe have her hold a spiky-sword (resembling the tail) with that hand, and have the blade rest on the shoulder. Again, I still feel the design could be pushed more.

Give Venonat a pair of goggles (see first pic), and two hairpins (see second pic).

Venonat.gif5394f32ddf153aa442d81b75e1fedda7.jpg

@Kickern

Shiny's hair highlight is too saturated/neon. Dull it down a bit.