Design Your Own Region [ April 18th-May 28th]

Hey guys, great idea for a competition, I'm super excited & will be putting a lot of effort into this as I badly want this shiny (as I'm sure everyone else does).

I just wanted to ask, Can we post privately anywhere? (I have some really unique ideas & don't want anybody copying them)

I'm also relatively new to PokeMMO, would love to get involved with the community & clans/competitive play....

** Original Pokemon Yellow Holder ** Get at me!

Peace

P.S  Are we allowed to come up with a storyline or is there no need? (Don't want to think of a whole adventure if it won't help my cause)
And Can we Use any pokemon as starters E.g (Ekans, Ratatta, Pidgey) ??

Hey guys, great idea for a competition, I'm super excited & will be putting a lot of effort into this as I badly want this shiny (as I'm sure everyone else does).

I just wanted to ask, Can we post privately anywhere? (I have some really unique ideas & don't want anybody copying them)

I'm also relatively new to PokeMMO, would love to get involved with the community & clans/competitive play....

Peace

It's a forum so fat chance of any privacy here. If you don't want anyone copying/stealing your ideas then just wait to post on the deadline.

Peace

P.S  Are we allowed to come up with a storyline or is there no need? (Don't want to think of a whole adventure if it won't help my cause)
And Can we Use any pokemon as starters E.g (Ekans, Ratatta, Pidgey) ??

Everyone is to post their entry here in the thread. 

The starters have to be a set from one of the generations. {ex: Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita }You are more than welcome to make a storyline should you want to. 

@Musica

Does this mean Pikachu & Eevee are eligble as starters since they were the choices in Pokemon Yellow?

Also can I add something to Kanto that wasn't there originally such as a bridge connecting to my New Region?

Thanks

Good question, but no.

You are free to place your region next to another existing one, yes. And a bridge is fine. Just so long as it's not taking the place of an already existing region.

Can Evil Organisations cross over, eg. Team Rocket, Agua, Magma make an appearance, as long as we make an imaginary one ourselves too????
Can we have the Elite four be in an already existing region, (Similar to how Jhoto and Kanto have the same League)

Oh yeah and.... (sorry 21 questions) is it required to make an original protagonist ?

Me hopes you are all proud of the five and a half minutes it took to make it <3.

EDITS here:

[spoiler]

Because something frightening happened to the spoilers and I don't want to mess with them, I will put all my edit remarks up here.

EDIT: Hm.. I think the nordic Sweden/Norway area on the map is a bit uneeded, and it makes it seem a bit to obvious that its Europe. I'm thinking about removing it.

EDIT: oh look, I added Crimea!

EDIT: oh good grief, I made a lot of spelling errors

Fixed

Fixed layout a bit.

EDIT: AARG! Why does the spoilers hate me so much!?!?!!
Fixed-I was being silly.

As a gift for checking out my beautiful EDITS section...

[spoiler]

Made it using a Scratch Thingy, you can use it too, if you want <3

bKtwCnp.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Prepare for spoiler-seption ahead!

[spoiler]

MAP

[spoiler]

LQxr036.png

[/spoiler]

The Region name is Calieu.

For those of you who have not yet figured out what it is in the three seconds it took to see it, yes, I did just fuse Europe and the United states together to form a whole new monstrosity.

You start out at the bottom left of the map in a small village called Lampton, then make your way around the map clock-wise.

Lore:
[spoiler]

The Lore of Calieu begins with a constellation.

You see, after slightly attempting to destroy all of Humanity, Arceus felt pity on Humanity, and resolved that he need not destroy them, as they will eventually destroy themselves.

So he came down, and told a select Few individuals that he deemed worthy to leave the old regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and even the northern region of Sinnoh. He found around 5 thousand people worthy of being sent off, and he told them to follow his own Constellation every night as it rises from the seas. As they did, the pace was relatively slow, for they could only move east, the direction of the rising constellations for half a night, as long as it was in-front of them to the east. Then they would stop.

It took them ten days and ten nights to leave the Vermilion City bay, where they began their journey.

In the months that followed, many starved, and the peoples from Kanto and Johto began to blame each other for the poor fate. They began to fight. The peoples from Hoenn decided to separate the ships by their respective regions, as to minimize infighting, they had already partially done this, as they had their own ship that left for Kanto (which was still visible in the distance). And as the months and years wore on, and as they starved more and more, they wondered if Arceus hadn't sent them on this journey to save them, but to punish them. A year passed. Then another. And gradually the Fleet began to wither away. But as it withered, only the strongest and most fit managed to survive. More than half the fleet had been rendered inert by year five. Whether it be by storm or food shortage or mutiny. Eventually, the Sinnoh fleet took it into their own hands. And instead of moving East for half a night, then sitting there, being pushed twice as far west for the rest of night and day, they decided to move East the entire time, for they knew that their destination lay in the East, did they not? And so, the Sinnoh fleet left Kanto and Johto and Hoenn behind to their own devices, and was soon gone. Eventually, the Kanto and Johto fleet starved or sunk, which happened was never known, but they never arrived at their destination, or any for that matter. The Hoenn fleet eventually decided to leave their dying friends behind and travel back. However, their ship was tossed around in a deadly storm, perhaps Arceus's anger, and found themselves washed upon an alien shore.
They named this shore Kalos.

The Sinnoh fleet, however, quickly made their way to their destination. They landed on a shore that seemed very much like home. So they named it Calieu, in memory of their King. At first they thought this was an island, and although many did land on various islands surrounding the mainland, they discovered that the mainland never did have an end to it.

Their first civilization was called Conston.

The peoples of Sinnoh found the land lacking in any native Pokemon.
At first they were pleased, the pokemon that had caused them troubles in the past where no where to be seen.
But eventually they missed having pokemon wander about in the land, so they went to the pokemon in their ships, pokemon from the regions of Sinnoh, Kalos, Johto, and Hoenn, all of them. And set them free.

Eventually, as the civilization grew in Conston, they decided to expand. There were giant mountains to the west, the only route around them a cold and icy tundra, so they decided to explore west.

The explorers mapped out lands for cities and towns, and then towns and cities grew there.

Then they found a bizarre site. The explorers found something which was already built up.

A city, of some sorts, but no city was ever built there.
There were strange pokemon wandering about the city, pokemon which they had not introduced to the region. They were pokemon of the deceased. Dead pokemon. Ghost pokemon. Pokemon which had never been living.
They ventured further, and found an alter.

An alter that looked eerily familiar.

An alter to Arceus.

The explorers stepped forward, and Arceus awoke.

We was furious that the Sinnoh fleet had betrayed his command, and ventured to the new region both day and night.

So he cursed the explorers.
But not only the explorers, all of the Humans in the region.

He opened the doors to the dead and let the ghost pokemon plunder the lands.

He took the Humans.
He killed their King and painted the rest an orange color, so that their fault would be forever known.

Eventually, the rest of the world grew, and explorers came upon what they thought was an uninhabited land. They built cities there and turned it into a sprawling metropolis much like the other regions. Eventually they found ancient cities, and found the name of the region which they had stepped foot on.
The region was named Calieu.[/spoiler]

The following routes have the following pokemon (and a short description of each route)

[spoiler]

Route Alpha:

[spoiler]

Route Alpha is the first route the player goes on in their journey in Calieu.
As such, the pokemon are the easiest in the game and the first portion of the route, the player travels over a short rocky region that has the following pokemon of:
Geodude
Weedle
Clefairy
Diglett
Kabuto (rare)
Turning left and down the rocky slope and into a small coastal plain, the following pokemon will be found:
Caterpie
Sunflora
Oddish
Weedle
Clefairy
Exeggutor
Dunsparce
Continuing left there will be a beach. Surfing will be optional and there will be a bridge/land routes to connect to the next City. The following pokemon will be found:
Poliwag
Seel
Omanyte
Mewtwo(Jk)
Weeper
Marill
Tentacool
Tentacruel
[/spoiler]
Route Beta:
[spoiler]
After the Music-City of Angleton is passed, the Forests of Route Beta has many characteristics that have obvious influences from Angleton.
The Pokemon found here are:
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Beedrill
Pidgey
Venonat
Machop
Magikarp (water only obviously)
Sunflora
Scizor
Loudred
Exploud
Spoink
Jigglypuff
Meloetta
Milotic (rare, water obviously)
[/spoiler]
Route Gamma:
[spoiler]
After Route Beta and Florton comes Route Gamma, which includes a giant Bridge that connects Florton to the Northern cities. The pokemon found here are:
Spearow
Rattata
Clefairy
Clefable
Persian
Meowth
Psyduck
Drowzee
Hypno
Chikorita
Ledian
Lanturn
Bellossom
Hoppip
Natu
Skiploom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Tentacool
Wailord[/spoiler]
Route Epsilon:
[spoiler]
After the Ancient city of Roton is reached, the equally anchient route of Epsilon has the unsurprisingly ancient pokemon of:
Rattata
Raticate
Nidoran
Golbat
Venomoth
Arcanine
Machoke
Onix
Gyrados
Lapras
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Dratini
Dragonair
Noctowl (night)
Cleffa
Natu
Togepi
Xatu
Espeon
Umbreon
Unknown
Wobbuffet
Gligar
Delibird
Skarmory
Trapinch
Anorith
Armaldo
Regirock
Relicanth
Bonzor
Bronzong
Rotom (only found near Roton)[/spoiler]
Route Zeta:
[spoiler]
After Petsthan is passed, the frozen Route Zeta is reached. It is home to what was once the longest railroad, though constant snow storms have all but destroyed it. Snow pokemon are abundant here, and most lakes have frozen over and now serve as paths. In a suprisng irony, it is home to many Fire-type pokemon:
Charmeleon
Vulpix
Ponyta
Snorlax
Sneasel
Swinub
Piloswine
Delibird
Snorunt
Beartic
Sealeo
Florlass
Dewgong
Lapras
Snover
Abomasnow
Hitmonchan[/spoiler]
Route Theta:
[spoiler]
Route Theta is a coastal route, connectig the frozen route Zeta between the two cities of Vasinton and Pearton. It is home to many medium-to high level pokemon among the coastal plains. It is heavily influenced by Pearton's electric influence.
Pikachu
Raichu
Voltorb
Electode
Electabuzz
Elekid
Magnemite
Magneton
Rotom
Chinchou
Lanturn
Abra
Tangela
Snetret
Hoothoot
Igglybuff
Ledyba
Murkrow
Heracross
Porygon2[/spoiler]
Route Eta
[spoiler]
Route Eta is a long route along the central plains of Calieu, being home to the Pokemon Nursery as well as many grass-type pokemon. It is home to a large forest and farms.
Cacturne
Flygon
Cradilly
Tropius
Grotle
Wormadam
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Gloom
Vileplume
Venonat
Weepinbell
Farfetche'd
Scyther
Pinsir
Spinarak
Ariados
Xatu
Sudowoodo
Yanma
Pineco
Forretress
Dunsparce
Teddiursa
Miltank
Blissey
Dustox
Stantler
Brelom[/spoiler]
Route Iota:
[spoiler]
Route Iota is an entirely oceanic route, going through the warm, shallow waters to Keyston city.
In it the following pokemon are found:
Wartortle
Zubat
Golduck
Poliwrath
Poliwhirl
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Shellder
Seadra
Staryu
Magikarp
Croconaw
Politoed
Remoraid
Octillery
Wailmer
Wailord
Feebas
Gorebyss
Luvdisc
Phione
Gyrados
Qwilfish
Wingull[/spoiler]
Route Kappa:
[spoiler]
Route Kappa is a primarly a desert. The following pokemon around found:
Raticate
Ekans
Arbok
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Machoke
Machamp
Graveler
Phanpy
Donphan
Mawile
Numel
Camerupt
Cacnea
Cacturne
Lunatone
Seviper[/spoiler]
Route lambda:
[spoiler]
Route lambda is one of the last routes in the game, it goes through a cave system to the starter town of Lampton, but can only be accessed once the Neserton gym is beat (You can't just go to it from Lampton from the get-go). It has the following pokemon:
Beldum
Geodude
Salamance
Elicanth
Dusclops
Claydol
Lunastone
Solrock
Aggron
Skitty
Mawile
Nosepass
Golem
Graveler
Chansey
Ditto
Eevee
Snorlax
Igglybuff
Umbreon
Unknown
Tyranitar[/spoiler]

Route Delta:

[spoiler]

Lastly, comes Route Delta. The last route Accessible in the game, only accessible once all the Gyms are beat.
It is home to Lanton, which is the gateway to the Elite Four.
The following pokemon are found on the entirely water route of Route Delta:
Blastoise
Wailord
Corphish
Gyrados
Empoleon
Torterra
Infernape[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Gyms!
[spoiler]
Normal Gym: The normal Gym is located in Angleton, with Jessica Ordinaire as the Gym leader.
Grass Gym: The grass Gym is located in Florton. With Vie Texton as the Gym leader.
Ghost Gym: The ghost Gym is located in Roton. Lan Lexiorn is the Gym leader.
Fire Gym: The fire Gym is located in Petsthan. The gym leader is Pier Agua.
Ice Gym: The ice Gym is located in the abandoned city of Vasington. A hyper-intelligent Abomasnow is the gym leader.
Water Gym: The water Gym is located in Aston. The Gym leader is Lan Feu.
Electric Gym: The electric Gym is located in Pearton.  The Gym leader is Olaf Roger.
Rock Gym: The rock Gym is located in Neserton. It is the most difficult gym with the highest-level pokemon. The Gym leader is Abby Yami[/spoiler]

Evil people plot!
[spoiler]
The Evil people are Team Orange.
They are stationed in Conston, and may have lead to the demise of Vasington. They worship Ghost pokemon and it is suspicion that many of the members are themselves possessed by ghost pokemon. (egotistical much?)
Their leader also happens to be a ghost of someone murdered by a pokemon (A ghost pokemon, no less!), so their goal is to turn all other pokemon to ghost pokemon (Kill 'em).
They are known to hide out in cold places and burial grounds.
It is rumored they can raise their dead comrades from the ground.[/spoiler]

A short description of each town (in no particular order):
[spoiler]
Vasington:
[spoiler]
A city made in Roman-style architecture.
It was overrun by Abomasnow from Route Zeta and now lays partially abandoned, except for the New Ice-Gym that now inhabits the center of the city.[/spoiler]
Keyston:
[spoiler]
A small city, not even having a Gym or supermarket. The most pronounced feature of Keyston is the marsh that it connects to, with an abundant of unusual and dangerous pokemon.[/spoiler]
Lanton:
[spoiler]
The last city the player visits. It is the gateway to the Elite Four, and is only accessible once all 8 gyms are beaten. The Elite four is located on the surrounding Islands, with the first one being on the one Lanton itself is located on.[/spoiler]
Lampton:
[spoiler]
The first city the player visits. It has the the coast to the left and a few small buildings, along with a pokemon center and a pokemon research center. It has no Gym.[/spoiler]
Angleton:
[spoiler]
The second city the player visits, it is an exiting city that is always buzzing with energy. It has many high skyscrapers. It has a normal-type gym.[/spoiler]
Florton:
[spoiler]
The third city the player visits. It is a flower-filled city and is home to the largest bridge on Calieu, which connects it to the Northern cities. It has a grass-type gym.[/spoiler]
Roton:
[spoiler]
The fourth city the player visits and is among the oldest cities in the entire region. The people there worship Rotom and other ghost-type pokemon. It has a ghost-type gym (though it is closed until the Neserton gym is beaten, as the Gym leader in Roton is mentoring the Gym leader is Neserton).[/spoiler]
Deuton:
[spoiler]
A small coastal village. It has no gym[/spoiler]
Petsthan:
[spoiler]
a giant industrial metropolis. It has many fire-type pokemon wandering about and likewise has a fire-type gym. The people of Petsthan admire fire-type pokemon as they saved the city many times when the all-encompassing winter threatened to snuff out the city many times.[/spoiler]
Conston:
[spoiler]
Conston is another ancient city, much like Roton.
Though in recent years, it has fallen into disarray and has no gym. It has a museum, though, and is home to many previously-thought extinct pokemon and much of the city is currently being excavated.[/spoiler]
Pearton:
[spoiler]
Pearton is the most populous city on the entire region, home to many skyscrapers and many large corperations.
It used to connect to Petsthan by railway, though the railway has fallen to disaray as winter pushed its way southward, and Pearton is largely isolated from the other cities, the only other near-by city of Vasington being abandoned. It has an Electric-type gym.[/spoiler]
Aston:
[spoiler]
A coastal city that is heavily trafficked as a crossroads from the western cities of Lampton, Angleton, Florton, the northern cities of Petsthan, Conston, Deuton, and Roton, and the eastern cities of Pearton and Vasington to the popular tourist destination of the small village of Keyston.
It is world renowned for its good food, and has a water-type gym. (though many people in the city use poison/bug type pokemon)[/spoiler]
Neserton:
[spoiler]
A desert-village. near a collapsed cave-entrance that used to lead to Lampton. It has a rock-type gym.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
why
[/spoiler]
isn't
[/spoiler]
this
[/spoiler]
working?
[/spoiler]

I really like your work ^_^

Is this your final? Because you're missing quite a few items, including the professor description and pokedex description. 

Also, you need 20 routes, I counted about 11. Not trying to be discouraging, but your descriptions and paragraphs are really interesting and cool ^_^

Can Evil Organisations cross over, eg. Team Rocket, Agua, Magma make an appearance, as long as we make an imaginary one ourselves too????
Can we have the Elite four be in an already existing region, (Similar to how Jhoto and Kanto have the same League)

Oh yeah and.... (sorry 21 questions) is it required to make an original protagonist ?

I see we are not aloud to build our map onto an existing map but can I place my region on an existing map once it is finished just to show the relation to other regions....
I will provide a seperate image ofmy new region in more detail as well...

Yes already existing "bad guys" can be affiliated with your own. 

No I would like the Elite Four to be in your own region.

If you are going to make a protagonist character please make sure it is original. 

If you would like to include a visual representation of where your region is in relation to the other existing ones, that is fine, so long as you have a separate picture of it by itself as well.

I really like your work ^_^

Is this your final? Because you're missing quite a few items, including the professor description and pokedex description. 

Also, you need 20 routes, I counted about 11. Not trying to be discouraging, but your descriptions and paragraphs are really interesting and cool ^_^

Absolutely not!

I intend to tweak practically everything, and yes, add everything I haven't added so far.

I just got quite tired and had to take a nap.

-think of what I have now as basically a filler, or a general idea of what is going to be the finished product.

And thanks  :wub:

Reserved for my Entry :3 (Hopefully i can get it finished in time!)

Enjoying this so far!  I may even do a story on the region to put in the creative writing section after this is all finished!
The prize is pretty awesome....although...a Shiny Murkrow would be my ideal reward xD

Here is my Entry (FINISHED!), i have only played the first 3 generations of games so i'm writing from the standpoint of the regions known at that time, some Pokémon from later gens are included purely because i know of them and like them or because they fit nicely. These, if caught go into the "Undiscovered Pokémon" portion of the Pokédex with "No additional information available".
This story takes place at roughly the same time as Gen 2.
[spoiler] 
IGN: Deanopiero
REGION NAME: Genso.
MEANING: Genso is the Japanese word for 'element' in a scientific context.
WHY: I chose this to fit the theme of my Region as the town/city names are derived from Elements in the Periodic Table and also Meteorological Conditions (Weather).
THEME: The region is loosely based on the USA, which has many different climates and is a technologically advanced nation, so as explained above I decided to go with an elemental theme (in both senses).
The Genso region is not a 'Metropolis' type region but will instead be a region at the forefront of many technological breakthroughs and exports.  It boasts the highest 'Green' energy production of the known regions, and whilst it does use other energy types, the people of Genso are proud of the new Tech they innovate.

LOCATION, CLIMATE & BRIEF HISTORY:
[spoiler] Genso is located to the north-west of the Orre Region, and its eastern border shares a similar climate; with the north-east dominated by arid terrain and a lush mountain range in the south-east, which back onto the hills seen on the north-western part of the Orre Map.

It is mainly grassland to the west, with wetlands tucked in below a large mountain range dominating the central zone, and a small coastal area in the south-west. The east is far drier, containing a large barren plain with a section between mountain ranges that has been ravaged in recent times by small hurricanes that bypass Orre.

This Region was completely bare of wild Pokémon until 20 years ago, when a group of Pokémon Professors led by Professor Larch and his apprentice (a very young Birch), began to introduce them into specific parts of the Region as part of research into Pokémon Re-integration and Habitats.
Slowly and surely, with monitoring by a large team, Pokémon flourished in the region, additions were made giving some surprising results, and even spreading (albeit in extremely small amounts) to the harsher Orre environment.  People largely welcomed the Pokémon to the region and certain abilities even inspired direction to some of the research done, not everyone was happy however and there remains to this day a fair sized anti-Pokémon population who feel the region’s growth has been stifled in favour of ‘Pokémon Tourism’.
A Pokémon league was established 5years ago with 6 Gyms (increasing to 7 the following year and 8 the year after that) and the first trainers to take the Genso League Challenge started a little differently than ones from other regions…
Each new trainer would head to the Ranch set up by the Professor’s team on Route 1 to pick a Pokémon egg from a batch received that season (the Pokémon eggs are produced ‘On-Ranch’ with occasional donations from elsewhere and so the Pokémon vary between seasons), Professor Larch introduced this idea in order to have enough Pokémon bred from the region to go around, rather than limit selection and thus the amount of trainers. However an added bonus was that a stronger bond between new trainer and young Pokémon would be fostered.  This method was so popular that the team decided it should remain as the Region’s starter choice.
(NOTE: For the purpose of this competition, the Ranch purpose breeds Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil eggs for new trainers, and lets the trainer pick from the eggs of their ‘Starter’ choice)

With the Genso Pokémon League HQ being the closest part to Orre, there is potential for it to become a shared Regional league much like Kanto/Johto, however this is something that would only be addressed if Orre began developing settlements to include Gyms. 

deanspokemap-1.jpg

Or for a higher quality picture go here -> http://sta.sh/037fwe11j08 and zoom in once =]

[/spoiler]
FRIENDS, PROFESSOR & POKÉDEX:

[spoiler]

FRIENDS:

Name/Age/Physical Description: ? (Male) (your choice)

Description: An intellegent and hard working trainer, he strives to create the strongest team imaginable, carefully studying type advantages and watching pokemon in the wild, he ends up slightly slower than other trainers but will always be ahead when it comes to quality of training.

Starter: Pokemon strong vs your starter

Name/Age/Physical Description: ? (Female) (your choice)

Description: A creative trainer whos favorite pastime is to draw and photograph the pokemon she sees and collect the images in her trusty sketchbook glued to her side.  Her curiosity often lands her in trouble so her first Pokemon walks in front of her, leading the way making sure she does not get lost. What she lacks in knowledge, she makes up for in suprising pokemon combinations that catch opponents off guard.

Starter: Pokemon weak vs your starter

PROFESSOR:

Name: Maxwell Larch

Age: 56, Description: Larch is 6’0” and quite the looming figure, with a stern face, light green eyes, greying black hair and thick moustache. He always dresses in a comfy pair of cargos with sturdy shoes, and wears a small t-shirt under a freshly pressed lab coat. He is in good physical condition due to lots of travelling.

Area of Expertise: Pokémon Re-integration (Major), Pokémon Habitats (Minor)

If a Pokémon has never known life in the wild, how would it cope if released?  Similarly, how would Pokémon react if they found themselves in an area not best suited to their species?

Larch has spent many years researching, even spending time in different Pokémon environments and has become the authority on this area of study after slowly building up to his biggest project; How does the integration of Pokémon to a region affect the human population and how well do the Pokémon flourish? This has resulted in the population of the Genso region.

Bio: Maxwell Larch has always had a one track mind, and from a young age he knew he would be breaking new ground in the world of Pokémon. Not one to show off or brag, Larch got his head down and studied hard.

Prior to the Genso project Larch took on a young student in the Hoenn region who had similar interests.  Under Larch’s guidance this young student developed and eventually became a professor in his own right, even eclipsing Larch’s own expertise in the area of Pokémon Habitats.  Professor Birch has a lab of his own in Hoenn and often visits the Genso region

His appearance belies his kind and approachable nature, and he loves seeing new trainers off on adventures, as it reminds him of his adventure introducing Pokémon here 20years ago. He tends to ramble on about those times at length unless reminded otherwise, but will discuss most subjects involving Pokémon to the best of his knowledge.

POKÉDEX:

Info: The Genso Pokégear was created by Atomic Inc. under commission from Professor Larch, the Pokédex is an inbuilt feature, and the device has become so popular that even those who are not Pokémon trainers have started buying them (new trainers under guidance from Professor Larch get one for free).

Description: It is worn on the arm like a bracer (there is a left handed and right handed version), and has a touch screen interface in addition to the traditional buttons. It is made from a lightweight plastic polymer and has some flexibility. The transparent screen is extended in a motorized fashion on small metallic rods that are folded out/back in sections as the screen extends/retracts

The basic screen display is a digital clock, and from here you can access the menu with a tap of the screen (or the action button) which displays apps such as ‘Map’, ‘Dexter’, ‘Screen Time’ and ‘Radio’  to name just a few.

Pressing the Screen button will automatically extend the transparent screen and you will then be prompted to pick an app to use, unless a Pokémon not registered to you is within range, at which point ‘Dexter’ is used by default.  In a similar sense, if you receive a call just press the screen button, and the screen will rise, answering the call.

Additional apps can be bought from the Sulium City Department Store, Atomic Inc., Pokémon League HQ or from Professor Larch’s Ranch.

Deanspokedex.jpg

[/spoiler]

VILLAIN ORGANISATION:

[spoiler]

Atomic Incorporated. (Inc.)

This organisation are a different kind of enemy to your average 'Rockets' or 'Magma/Aqua’s' in that they have a substantial amount of supporters/employees.

They started as a small Ballistics company, and earned a contract manufacturing the rocket boosters for the Mossdeep Space Centre.

Once the region was first populated with Pokémon however, was when Atomic Inc. started really coming into their own, the innovations started coming quicker and quicker, they pumped out a whole host of things to make the Pokémon Trainers life much easier and earned the contract with Professor Larch to make the Genso Pokegear.

However, these new innovations did not bring in as much cash as the Mossdeep Contract, which was starting to suffer as new testing restrictions gradually came into place to protect the emerging Pokémon population across the region.  And while the rest of the region grew with Pokémon, Atomic Inc. began to plateau and then lose money, the reduction in efficiency of their Boosters meant a reduction in the payments M.S.C were willing to make.

The Atomic Inc. board was by now very much split into 2 factions, one which wanted to more fully embrace the changes Pokémon had brought, and had ideas to increase revenue based on this, whilst the other was highly anti-Pokémon and wanted to petition the Pokémon Ranch to dissolve and for the testing restrictions to be lifted so that they could improve the ballistics arm once again and regain a better contract.

Plots have been developed over the past year, and tensions have risen until about halfway through the players journey when the threats by the Anti-Pokémon Group (APG) of Atomic Inc. became public. They seized control of the company, effectively closing off Galliust Town to anyone but APG, and also seized the Hydro Plant, using regular supporters to set-up barricades preventing access to Hydrocast Cove. The APG has no figurehead leader, everyone just refers to the action and demands as coming from 'The Board', although speculations make it seem possible that someone is pulling the strings behind this front.  

Atomic Inc.'s demands are:

• That the Pokémon League dissolve.
  • For the Ranch team to begin a Pokémon cull through the entire region, to reduce the Pokémon to ‘Safe Levels’.
  • All trainers Pokémon are to be handed in to Atomic Inc. for sale to other regions. 

If these demands are not placed into action then Atomic Inc. have threatened to launch a booster rocket modified with a targeting system, at the Kanto and Hoenn Safari Zones.

Absolute outrage followed, however while debate was hot about how to go about defusing this situation, one young hero had his/her own plan to resolve the problem.

So in effect, the company is the story’s antagonist, albeit with a good portion of the company still fighting for the Pokémon cause.

After story information: Unbeknownst to the Genso Region, Team Cipher from Orre had been slipping agents into the exchange program that scientists from the two regions had set up years ago, these very carefully began spreading anti-Pokémon agendas to those most likely to listen, they had an inside man on the Atomic Inc. board who headed the APG and can be widely attributed to the chaotic actions it took during this period.  This information became available sometime after the disruption and subsequent dissolution of Team Cipher.

TeamAtomic.jpg

[/spoiler]

GYMS AND GYM LEADERS:
[spoiler] Gym #1: Cloubon Grove - Gym Leader Arden (Bug Type, Colony Badge)
Arden is a young slim trainer with pale skin, white spiked hair and green eyes, aged 16years old who has grown up around Cloubon Grove. He is one of only a few Pokémon trainers to have come from the village.  With the others too young to journey past Chlearine Town alone, Arden decided to establish a Gym so that trainers would stop by, allowing Cloubon trainers the opportunity to meet a variety of Pokémon.  His Gym became the 8th and final sanctioned league Gym 3 years ago and now plays a pivotal role in a young trainer’s development, as it requires them to take the long route through the forest.

“Ah, another trainer has made it through the forest! My name is Arden, welcome to Cloubon Gym. I accept your challenge, shall we see what your travels have taught you about Bug Pokémon?”

Team
Spinarak

Beedrill

Gym #2: Antize Town - Gym Leader Cain (Steel Type, Industry Badge)
Cain is a tough character, dark skin, soft black hair and brown eyes, aged 31years old.  His father is the foreman at the mines, while his older brother runs the Windmill past the crop fields, he instantly fell in love with Pokémon when they were introduced to the Genso region, and continued the family tradition of hard work by founding a Steel Gym.  Cain was one of the people involved in setting up the Pokémon League as his Gym already attracted many challengers, but there was no overall goal in place yet.  As a result, the Antize Town Gym had the honour of being the very first sanctioned Gym in the Genso region.

“You show promise by getting here, young trainer.  I am Cain and it is always an honour to face up and coming trainers like you. However, the hard part begins now!  Show me your work ethic!”

Team
Magnemite

Mawile

Gym #3: Sulium City - Gym Leader Connie (Normal Type, Dash Badge)
Connie has always lived life at top speed, she hates waiting around and is eager to get things done.  She is tall and athletic, with light skin, short cropped blonde hair and brown eyes. Aged 24years old, she got her first Pokémon 10years ago and has done various thrilling activities such as climbing (she in particular enjoys zipping around the skies in her small propeller plane that she stores at the Airfield), she lives life very much to the full.  Good friends with Zephyra of the Ticlone Gym.

“Ah! Good timing! I was just about to go for a spin in the skies with my plane. Now that you’re here I suppose we can squeeze in a quick battle beforehand.  I’m Connie, Sulium’s resident adrenaline junky! I hope you’re good; I love intense battles. BRING IT!”

Team

Tauros

Persian

Linoone

Gym #4: Xeost Peak - Gym Leader Keanu (Ice Type, Flurry Badge)
Keanu is an experience traveller; he has visited many regions and explored lots of interesting places.  He is fairly short with tan skin, dark hair (although nowadays it is heavily streaked with white), and brown eyes, aged 60years old.  When he heard of the Pokémon League forming and looking for Gyms, he immediately signed up to build a gym on the well-used campsite at the Icy Cave entrance on Xeost Peak, one of his favourite places to visit.  His gym became the 7th to join the league and since its inclusion, Xeost Peak has seen many more travellers, prompting a Pokécentre and hotel to spring up.  He is dogged fighter and at the peak of fitness even though he is approaching his later years.

“Welcome traveller, come to enjoy the frosty peaks and the glorious icy caves? I would be happy to show you around if you would like! That’s why I created this Gym, to encourage others to see somewhere they might not have. But anyway, let’s see to your challenge. I hope you packed extra warm clothes!”

Team

Cloyster

Glalie

Sneasel

Gym #5: Lithain Town - Gym Leader: Liah. STAND-IN: Amaya (Dark/Poison Type, Corrosion Badge)
Liah is tall and confident with blonde hair and light green eyes, aged 34years old. She has lived in Lithain Town most of her life and is known as the “Soul” of the community, she is involved in every project she possibly can be and loves nothing more than helping her people. A well-loved and highly respected Gym Leader, her matches have always been close, be it win or lose. The only one-sided match was when she lost her first challenge to Amaya.

Amaya is pale skinned with jet-black hair and piercing green eyes, aged 20years old. She moved to Lithain Town 5years ago just as the league was starting up, she disliked the hustle and bustle it was causing in many of the other towns and wanted to be somewhere she could relax. She loves rain and it rains a lot here.  A talented trainer, she could have gone on to compete in the Pokémon League, however she just wants a quiet simple life and her only badge to date remains the Corrosion Badge (she was the first to defeat the Lithain Gym when it opened).

When the Liah had a bad accident a few months ago defending the bridge just outside of town from Enraged Pokémon, Amaya offered to step in temporarily to repay her kindness in helping her settle into the town. Amaya is currently the only Gym Leader in Genso with a 100% win record.

“…Hmmm? Oh! Sorry I was enjoying the quiet. My name is Amaya, steward of this Gym whilst Liah recovers from injury.  Challenges have been fewer since the bridge was destroyed; you are the second today however.  I must warn you I am unbeaten, the darkness helps. Will you push me towards defeat?”

Team

Skuntank

Absol

Umbreon

Mightyena

Gym #6: Hydrocast Cove - Gym Leader: Ethan.  STAND-IN: Hugo (Ghost Type, Mist Badge)
Ethan is a young adult with a compassionate nature; he has white hair and icy blue eyes, aged 19years old.  He doubles up his Gym Leader work with learning about the Hydro plant and its benefits not only to the regions energy supply, but also how it and the Waterfall have combined to create the local Pokémon habitat.  

Hugo is young shy boy, who looks around 12years old with dark purple hair in a mop style that partially covers dark eyes. He doesn’t talk much, and simply states that

“Ethan isn’t here. But this is my Gym as well. Let’s battle, I’ll do my best".

Team

Misdreavus

Ghastly

Shuppet

Duskull

(Brief storyline, to better explain the gym situation)
You bump into Ethan upon your "Winning" exit from the Gym and he states he is too busy kicking Atomic Inc. out of the Hydro plant to give you a Gym battle. He is startled when you show him the badge and talk of your battle with Hugo. You re-enter the gym with him to find it empty....
Ethan tells you that his twin brother Hugo died when they were younger, before completing their dream of running a Gym together. He doesn’t know how you got a badge but says you may keep it, so long as you help him clear out the Atomic Inc. employees holed up in the Hydro Plant.
(Every fight in the Hydro Plant is a double battle, alongside Ethan, who has the evolved forms of Hugo’s team)

Gym #7: Galliust Town - Gym Leader Aiden (Fire Type, Ignition Badge)
Aiden is a hot-headed, money orientated man with slick black hair, combed beard and stony grey eyes, aged 40years old. He is a board member for Atomic Inc. and at first he was disgruntled with the arrival of Pokémon as he thought it would ruin the companies ability to test and produce ballistics. He is now however at the centre of the fight to prevent them doing disastrous things, and believes Pokémon could actually help the company make more money, hence why he founded a Gym.  He loves a good confrontation and regularly spars with some of his own Pokémon to help keep in shape.

“Thanks for getting me out of there, Kid. You’re a real hotshot ain’t ya? Well, looks like I’ll be tied up with business matters for the foreseeable future so let’s give you that Gym Battle while I still got the time!”

(Brief Story, to better explain the gym situation)
The Gym is closed when you enter the town, Aiden is being held in the Atomic Inc. HQ along with other board members who oppose the Anti-Pokémon group running the company, once you have stormed the building and saved them, the gym re-opens.

Team

Torkoal

Slugma

Rapidash

Arcanine

Ninetails

Gym #8: Ticlone Town - Gym Leader Zephyra (Flying Type, Typhoon Badge)
Short, with braided light brown hair, blue eyes and copper skin, aged 24years old. Zephyra is a girly girl that loves to pamper herself and look good, she has class and is very stylish, but also likes to make her Pokémon feel a similar way.  She loves flying through the sky on her Pokémon to show off their skill and style, and often visits Connie in Sulium City for air time together.
More recently she has been helping at the Flight Posts that guide travellers through safe pockets past the high winds of the pass.

“Pokémon Battles are like flying through high winds, lose your concentration for a second and you could be in big trouble.  I’m Zephyra, welcome to our cute little town; I hope you enjoy your stay.  Being a tough cookie myself I can spot others, so I think this will be a spectacular battle! Start your engines!”  

Team

Altaria

Xatu

Togetic

Honchcrow

Crobat

BADGES:

Left to Right, Top to Bottom.

deansbadges2.jpg

[/spoiler]

ELITE 4 AND CHAMPION/S

[spoiler]

Name: Ryder

Type: Water/Electric

Ryder is a firm believer in training in the hardest of conditions. He always struggled behind his peers in training so decided to work harder than everyone else, traversing every piece of land or sea on the horizon. After many years of intense training with his treasured Pokemon he rose to the top to become a member of the elite four. His sacrifice and work ethic allows him to command respect wherever he goes.

Appearance: Ryder stands tall, arms crossed, looking down on the battle area. He has small, stern, black eyes shadowed by large bushy eyebrows. His hair is pulled back into a tight, short ponytail. He wears loose, dark green tracksuit bottoms, a heavy red raincoat and a tight black shirt. His belt is filled with an assortment of climbing gear with rope hanging at his waist and his elaborately decorated running shoes appear to anchor the athletic man to the ground.

“I am Ryder, I have proven to the land of Genso that I deserve to stand in these hallowed halls; Show me that you have earned your place to stand in the presence of the Elite four. If you want to win, you must search out hardship and overcome that which you fear most.”

Team

Signature Pokemon: Lanturn

Seadra

Kingler

Jolteon

Ampharos

Name: Kaytlyn

Type: Rock/Grass

Kaytlyn is a trainer by day and an archaeologist by night. She is highly intelligent with years of experience in both science and Pokemon training up her sleeves. It is said that she discovered her prised pokemon, Cradily, one starry night, when she was searching abandoned ruins far to the East of Genso. She has made it her life’s goal to find as many rare and wonderful Pokemon hiding out in the world.

Appearance: She is always seen to be wearing a long white coat covered in dirt. Pens and notes stick out of her pockets and a small tooth and spiral fossil pendant hang from her neck. She has her long blonde hair pulled back into fishtail braid. She wears comfy beige trouser and a black and white spotted blouse that matches her small black flat shoes. She has kind, brown eyes and a big smile at all times. She appears to be more interested in some strange rocks she is holding than you, but still gives you a hearty smile when you are ready to battle. She appears to be quite slim and delicate, but her confidence in battle says otherwise.

“Hey, look what I found! You look like fun! My name’s Kaytlyn, the Rock and Grass trainer. I’ve found many wonderful artefacts in this world, I wonder what’s still out there… Oh, you wanted to battle? Let’s see what you’ve got!”

Team

Signature Pokemon: Cradily

Sceptile

Bellossom

Sudowoodo

Armaldo

Name: Minka

Type: Fighting/Psychic

Minka is a disciplined young trainer who’s determination and energy has brought her far in her career at an alarming rate. It is rumoured that she can see the next moves of every trainer she fights. She built a training dojo high in the mountains where she spends the majority of her time practicing martial arts and training her mind. She has never been seen to express anger or sadness, only humble gratefulness.

Appearance: At only 5 feet she is quite small in comparison to the rest of the elite four. She has short electric blue and green hair that hangs longer at the front and piercing, purple eyes that almost appear to glow. Bandages wrap her hands, feet and knees. Her small black and purple shorts are covered by a long blue tabard. Bizarre symbols cover the tabard and a tight purple belt is tied at her waist. She stands on her tiptoes with one hand to her temple, focusing on the upcoming battle.

“My name is Minka, the martial artist and adept psychic. I aim to become one with this world in the hope of learning to master it. Can you defeat someone who knows your every move?”

Team

Signature Pokemon: Medicham

Primape

Hitmontop

Alakazam

Machamp

#4 (Leader)

Name: Archer

Type: Ground/Dragon

Archer was one of the first trainers to walk the lands of Genso. He came to Genso to see a new world and help it become a vision of greatness. As one of the first trainers he has seen the small region grow into a flourishing world with the addition of its new Pokémon. This evolution also sparked within himself, changing him from an aspiring young trainer to becoming the first Genso Champion. Some time after the end of his reign Archer decided to return and filled the vacant leader slot of the elite four. Lately, he has realised he still yearns for more adventure and even greater heights. He plans to leave Genso soon, to discover a new world where he and his Pokémon can become even greater still.

Appearance: With his hands on his waist and his head held high, the 6 foot, eldest member of the Elite Four is clearly the most confident. He has side swept spiky brown hair and red, see-through sunglasses that cover small smile lines around his eyes. A smart, brown jacket with red trim falls just below his thighs, splitting into two tails at the back. Dark, professional trousers are accented with a brown and blue woven belt and brown suede boots. A duck egg blue collared shirt brightens up his outfit creating the demeanour of a professional man with a creative and adventurous personality.

Team

Signature Pokemon: Flygon

Sandslash

Salamence

Donphan

Dragonair

Marowak

“ Congratulations on coming this far young trainer. My name is Archer, I am an adventure like yourself and I have learnt that Pokemon give us the freedom to reach the farthest corners of this world. I plan on travelling and training forever, do you? Neither the earth nor sky can hold back a true champion!”

CHAMPION

Currently Vacant, however as you and your two friends signed up to challenge the elite 4 at the same time, you each had a single attempt to try and beat them.

All 3 of you pass with flying colours, and so then have to battle each other, with the trainer gaining 2 wins becoming outright champion, or a triple-shared championship if tied at 1 win a piece!

Male Friend's Team

(Starter strong vs your starting type)

Shuckle

Smeargle

Snorlax

Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur (depending on starter type)

Blastoise/Venusaur/Charizard (depending on starter type)

Female Friend's Team

(Starter weak vs your starting type)

Absol

Umbreon

Raichu

Houndoom/Kingdra/Jumpluff (depending on starter type)

Kingdra/Jumpluff/Houndoom (depending on starter type)

[/spoiler]

TOWNS, LANDMARKS AND PLACES OF INTEREST. (Big Section)

[spoiler]

Town names are shown with the combination of Element and Weather condition in brackets.

To keep descriptions shorter to read, each town (barring Breezygen Hamlet) can be considered to contain at least a few residential houses, more for those described as larger.

Breezygen Hamlet (Oxygen, Breezy)

New trainers to the region reside here before starting their journey or moving to other Towns.  Your house is here along with that of your two friends, a long residing family and a vacant house. This town was built after the Professors team moved to the region.

Trainer Ranch

The place all new trainers come to collect their first Pokémon. Catching Pokémon on Ranch grounds is strictly prohibited!

Chlearine Town (Chlorine, Clear)

A small, chirpy residential town that is home to Professor Larch, his lab and team.  This town is fairly new and was in its infancy when the Professor first came to the region.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, the PokéSchool for new trainers to learn and practice, and the Lab in the south part of town, with its grounds stretching into the route below.

Cloubon Grove (Carbon, Cloudy)

A town hidden in the depths of the forest, it is little more than a small clearing, with many of the buildings in the shadow of trees. Although mostly shaded, this section of the forest is known to get a little stuffy in summer. Cloubon Grove is blessedly quiet, has a pond and its inhabitants are friendly. It’s the perfect rest stop for new trainers who have battled hard through the forest.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, a bed & breakfast type house run by a little old lady who will sell you potions and antidotes (No PokéMart), and a Gym.

Pokémon:  Fishing: Old Rod – Magikarp, Good Rod – Poliwag, Surskit (Uncommon), Super Rod – Qwilfish

Beryllid Forest (Beryllium, Humid)

Your standard Pokémon forested area, lush thick trees, lots of tall grassy areas and a few giant boulders protruding from the ground. Young smaller steel types also live here due to the rich earth that can enhance their growth.

Pokémon: Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Pineco, Spinarak (Uncommon), Aron (Rare), Ferroseed (Rare)

Antize Town (Antimony, Haze)

Antize Town is a fairly large hard-working town that is a key provider to the region, located on flat lands between the lake and the hills it produces lots of food in the farms to the west and has a contract with Atomic Inc. in the mines just to the south.

Every couple of years, some Steel-type Pokémon will travel from the Mines through the town all the way to Beryllid Forest to lay eggs.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, Hotel, Trade House, Gym.

Great Crop Field

This is the place that produces a lot of Genso’s food, and it’s rather large! The family here have Pokémon helping them out in various capacities, most trainers visit just to add the pages to ‘Dexter’.

Info: Help round up some Tauros for farmer Dwaine and he gives you HM CUT which requires the Industry badge to use. You also then unlock being able to buy MooMoo Milk from the stableman.

Pokémon: Hoppip, Sunkern, Seedot, Budew, Mareep.

Antize Coal Mines

Shane, the foreman of the mines here advises you to be careful if you must explore, Atomic Inc. recently made all employees stop using Pokemon to help with work, providing them instead with more machinery.

This has riled up the Steel and Psychic type Pokémon dwelling there, who now move boulders etc unexpectedly.

If you show interest by talking to enough miners, Shane will give you the TM Flash.

Pokémon: Geodude, Drowzee, Bronzor, Zubat, Aron, Beldum (uncommon), Nosepass (Rare)

Sulium City (Helium, Sun)

The capital of the Genso Region, Sulium City is large and full of hustle and bustle, it is a tourist destination for people visiting the region due to its central location and great transport links. It is also home to the regions museum, which holds a variety of things, notably for Pokémon fans a Root and a Claw Fossil.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, Department Store, Hotel, Travel Agency, Museum, Bike Shop, Gym.

Monument

A place where trainers meet to battle, and gaze at the monument of the very first Genso League champion for inspiration.

Apricorn Meadow

An Apricorn meadow that was established to keep up a decent supply of Pokéballs in the region, it has formed a small habitat for Pokémon as a side effect.

Info: Visiting the house here will get you a Wailmer pail, and some berries to plant. You will also be allowed to pick 2 Apricorns a day to be made into Pokéballs

Pokémon: Hoppip, Bellsprout, Oddish, Bulbasaur (Uncommon), Heracross (Rare) Teddiursa (Rare)

Sulium Airfield

The main influx of tourists happens here, blimps and propeller planes transport people through the skies from different regions. The bird Pokémon here are not afraid of the noise and sometimes treat high flyers by riding the wind alongside the aircrafts.

This area is blocked off from the north of route 13 until after the bridge at Lithain Town has been re-built, due to a yearly maintenance check on the entire fleet.

Info: You can get the HM Fly here from an over excited passenger.

Pokémon: Hoppip, Skiploom, Fearow, Pidgey, Tailow, Tropius (Uncommon), Swablu (Rare)

Xeost Peak (Xenon, Frost)

A tiny and fairly new settlement in possibly the only piece of flat land big enough for one on the entire mountain, it was founded by gym leader Keanu on a well-used campsite and has built up around travellers looking to explore the icy caves behind the town. With two major reasons to visit, Xeost Peak sees more footfall than you would have imagined.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, Campsite, Gym, Crevasse Cave.

Crevasse Cave

“An icy fortress with freezing lakes and a warm spring in its depths that puts one totally at peace.  A tough challenge but incredibly rewarding” – Keanu, Xeost Peak Gym Leader.

Pokémon: Snorunt, Seel, Spheal, Swinub (uncommon). Fishing: Good Rod – Shellder, Super Rod – Slowpoke, Clampearl (Rare).

Info: HM Surf is obtained from a man just inside the cave. It requires the Flurry Badge to use.

Phog Port (Phosphorus, Fog)

Phog Port is an average size fishing town that sometimes receives ships from other regions in the dock, this was how Professor Larch and his team transported the Pokémon here 20 years ago. It has a happy-go-lucky feel and is the ‘Resort Town’ to complement Sulium City’s ‘Tourist Town’ status.  Co-ordinators gather here often for the Pokémon Contests, which always draws a huge crowd from the visitors.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, Hotel, Contest Tent, Docks, Game Corner.

Fisherman’s Lookout

Named so because of how popular the tiny island is for fisherman to visit. Home to a group of wind turbines surrounding this atoll, the habitat is a unique fishing experience.

Info: You can obtain the Good Rod here. You can also obtain HM Waterfall here, it requires the Corrosion Badge to use.

Pokémon: Fishing: Old Rod – Feebas, Magikarp. Good Rod – Horsea, Krabby. Super Rod – Staryu, Corphish, Squirtle (Rare)

Calipse Forest (Calcium, Eclipse)

This forest is more of a maze than a regular combed path, it’s easy to get lost and has all sorts of spooky tales told about it. It is apparently home to a variety of ghost Pokémon, among regular forest dwellers.

Pokémon: Beedrill, Dustox, Nuzleaf, Murkrow, Ghastly (Uncommon), Misdreavus (Uncommon), Duskull (Rare), Sableye (Rare). Fishing: Old Rod – Magikarp. Good Rod – Tentacool, Remoraid. Super Rod – Carvanha. Surf: Tentacool, Relicanth (Rare).

Lithain City (Lithium, Rain)

Located in the wetlands nestled under the shadow of the central mountain range, Lithain town sees a substantial amount of rain, that in itself keeps a lot of people away and as such this town has become a quiet retreat away from outside influence. It is quite a large place but does not seem busy like other towns, the optimistic gym leader has helped encouraged a friendly relaxed atmosphere.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, Gym, Social Centre

Neostorm Heights (Neon, Thunderstorm)

This small town on a high plateau in the middle of the central mountain range is famous for its great/awful weather depending on who you speak to. The town is situated next to a lake that flows into a waterfall, and has an enclosed bridge linking to the entrance of Fissure Pass (the only way to reach the eastern towns on foot). It has become a local hotspot for Pokémon battles in the absence of a gym. Regular lightning strikes are drawn to the rod set atop the weather station just outside of town and create an impressive backdrop to the area.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, Battle Bridge.

Weather Station

A Facility used to make weather predictions and warnings for the region. A massive set of lightning strike sends the local electric Pokémon a bit crazy, damaging the lightning rod in the process.

Info: Battling a bunch of electric types here will eventually cause them to calm down and enable work to begin on repairing the rod. Your reward is an Eevee the scientists were planning to evolve.

Pokémon: Magnemite, Voltorb, Mareep, Electrike.

Fissure Pass

A dark tunnel with many floors, Fissure Pass can be dangerous for the explorer without the right kit. And with many Pokémon around, it’s definitely eventful.

Pokémon: Aron, Onix, Graveler, Machoke, Golbat, Gligar (Uncommon), Trapinch (Uncommon), Larvitar(Rare)

Hydrocast Cove (Hydrogen, Overcast)

Hydrocast Cove is a big town set in a depression at the foot of the waterfall, it produces a lot of the regions renewable energy and the townsfolk are an incredibly proud bunch. The only ways in are down the waterfall or to take the road from Neostorm Heights.  Often misty and humid due to its enclosed nature, the occasional ghost Pokémon appear near the Hydro plant set along the fast flowing river.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, Hotel, and Gym.

Info: All the locals are worried due to the blockade by Anti-Pokémon protesters stopping anyone getting to the Cove.

Hydro Plant

Set just outside of Hydrocast Cove, this plant produce a lot of power for the Genso Region, sitting in the mist of the waterfall, it sometimes attracts Ghost Pokémon.  Atomic Inc. have been attempting to buy out the owners (Cove Co.) for some time.

Pokémon: Sometimes these are floating around near the top of plant among the mist next to the river; Drifloon or Shuppet.

Info: Atomic Inc. have taken over the building, demanding a bunch of over the top demands and sounding downright loony.  You must send them packing with the help of Gym Leader Ethan in order to keep the Hydrocast Cove Gym Badge. You will also receive TM Shadow Ball for your efforts, a Super Rod, and an Atomic Inc. uniform.

Galliust Town (Gallium, Dust)

This dry, arid town is one of two in the region to need a deep well for a good water supply. The town itself is fairly large due to being the home of Atomic Inc. noted by the missile silo sticking up like a sore thumb above the other buildings.  The surrounding area was previously used for a lot of ballistics testing but due to Pokémon becoming more numerous, the testing has been scaled back. The crater to the north was created by a test that went badly wrong.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, Hotel, Well, Atomic Inc. HQ, Missile Silo, Gym.

Info: Atomic Inc., are holding to ransom in its building, the members of its board who are against the Anti-Pokémon campaign it has been carrying out over the last few days.  You must bust them out and then clear out the missile silo in order to stop the planned attacks on the Kanto and Hoenn Safari Zones should Pokémon not be culled significantly in Genso.

Galliust Crater

Nothing of interest here, it’s a hole in the ground, Pokémon however love it, and have made it their home.

Pokémon: Torkoal, Numel, Tauros, Slugma, Shuckle (Uncommon), Kangaskhan(Rare)

Flight Posts

Posts high enough to see beacons from the others even through dusty winds that frequent this section of the region. You are flown between these for the first time by an experienced rider; any of your Pokémon with fly can then safely navigate you through afterwards.

In times of super strong winds, fighting Pokémon help hold the posts steady.

Info: You can obtain the HM Strength from Flight Post #1. It requires the Ignition Badge to use.

Flight Post #3 (and thus the battle tower) becomes available after defeating the Elite 4.

Ticlone Town (Titanium, Cyclone)

This dry town is one that always has a steady breeze, as it sits at the tail end of the path that the high wind take. Ticlone is only a small town due to its isolation from everything; it has a well and is inhabited by mostly hardened folk employed by the Pokémon League. Trainers think of it as the finishing school to aim for when taking the Genso League Challenge.

P.O.I: Pokémon Centre, PokéMart, Well, Gym.

Victory Road

Victory Road is a tough cookie, everyone at Ticlone Town will tell you so. Preparation is key to defeating this beast.

Pokémon: Onix, Machoke, Meditite, Golbat, Lairon, Metang, Pupitar(Rare).

Pokémon League HQ

The Elite 4 await you here at the pinnacle of your Pokémon journey.

Battle Tower

An old abandoned Chateau located on an isolated mountain range in the East, a lot of strong wild Pokémon moved in to take advantage of the solitude. Rumour has it that a Legendary Pokémon has moved in at the top to seek rest.

Only former and current Elite 4 members and Champions are allowed in here.

Pokémon: All non-legendary, non-sea dwelling gen 1-3 Pokémon with stats over 500 can be found here, rarity increases with power.  Event Pokémon: Jirachi

[/spoiler]

ROUTES:
[spoiler]

Route 1

The walk to the Trainer Ranch is quiet and relaxing, a simple cobblestone path lined with trees and very little grass. Just outside the Trainer Ranch is a small patch of grass.

Pokemon: Rattata, Zigzagoon, Sentret

Route 2

This route travels up a hill to Chlearine Town. Small patches of grass litter the way causing you to dart back and forth to avoid them.

Pokemon: Rattata, Pidgey, Spearow, Shinx, Sentret

Route 3

Grassy patches are in abundance here as you get closer to Beryllid Forest. Several little ledges allow you to jump past grass patches, but you have to walk through them to return to Chlearine Town.

Pokemon: Weedle, Caterpie, Metapod, Ledyba, Pidgey, Spinarak.

Route 4

This is a sharp slope, very fun for those with bikes. Small trickles of water follow you down this road and fall into the lake as you walk across the quaint, wooden bridge. At the ends of the bridge are small areas of grass and rocks where young pokemon roam happily.

Pokemon: Rattata, Spearow, Wooper, Ekans, Lotad, Wingull, Ralts (rare).

Fishing: Old Rod – Relicanth. Good Rod – Poliwag, Psyduck. Super Rod – Staryu, Remoraid.

Route 5

A muddy trek through open fields gives a great view of the surrounding hills and lake. You can stop at a small bench for a snack with some of the local travelers or fight the new trainers on your way to the monument. The monument is surrounded by new trainers itching to battle.

Pokemon: Nidoran (m+f), Shroomish, Buneary, Diglett (uncommon), Baltoy (uncommon) Mudkip (Rare).

Route 6 (South)

A simple, short road reveals the way to Sulium city. But beware, stronger trainers wait in the surrounding trees in the hope of picking off new trainers.

Pokemon: Slakoth, Meowth, Taillow, Natu.

Route 6 (North)

Walking north from the monument, a large grass strip lines the center of the road giving you the option of avoiding the trainers’ gaze but having to fight wild pokemon.

Pokemon: Oddish, Bellsprout, Budew, Rattata, Abra (rare).

Route 7

A hard trek up mountainous terrain, filled with Pokemon hiding under rocks. The snow starts to gather around your feet just before you reach Xeost Peak.

Pokemon: Mankey, Geodude, Diglett, Snubbull, Jigglypuff (uncommon) Clefairy (rare).

Route 8

A slow decline from the Apricorn meadow as the sky gets darker from an increase in trees. Large overhangs and canopies obscure long grass as you reach the entrance to Berylid Forest.

Pokemon: Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Ekans, Abra, Spinarak, Vulpix (uncommon), Murkrow (rare).

Route 9

With the Great Crop Fields and Antize town to the north this twisting cycle path dances around hills giving you the ride of your life. Dart between trainers, long grass, puddles and the odd broken piece of road before the long sunny stretch down to the coast.

Pokemon: Zigzagoon, Ratatta, Raticate, Mankey, Spearow, Nidoran (m+f), Doduo(uncommon), Ryhorn (Rare).

Route 10

This road follows the entirety of the south western coast. On the far west, near Phog Port, are wooden bridges across the sand that billows in the wind making battles difficult. The middle of the route dances between lush green grass and serene sandy beaches. The sand on the beaches rises up as dunes alone the south of the road causing cacti and long grass to sprout all around you. As you leave the beaches to the east the terrain changes from sand to stone before ending at a destroyed bridge and the ominous Dark Forest.

Pokemon: Sandshrew, Ryhorn, Nidorina, Nidorino, Quagsire, Rattata, Raticate, Pidgeotto, Cacnea (rare).

Fishing: Good Rod – Krabby, Shellder. Super Rod – Psyduck, Slowpoke.

Pokemon

Route 11

A strange mist floats on this eerily still water causing strange pokemon shadows to reflect on the surface. The odd boat lingers in the ocean harbouring Fisherman willing to welcome you aboard for a battle.

Pokemon: Horsea, Remoraid, Tentacool, Goldeen, Seaking, Magikarp.

Route 12

This side of Fisherman’s Lookout is much choppier. The waves splash against rocks that litter your path making it hard to navigate and find your way to dry land. Few trainers dare travel these waters, but those that do are itching to test out the pokemon they’ve found there.

Dark, muddy grass welcomes you to land and a short hike across the wetlands leads you to Lithain Town.

Pokemon: Surfing - Tentacool, Tentacruel (Rare), Corphish, Mantine, Corsola, Krabby, Kingler (Rare).

Grass - Ledian, Spinarak, Venonat, Gloom, Bellsprout, Weepinbell

Route 13

Calipse Forest with it’s giant, ominous trees looms to the south, their roots breaking up your path and creating a labyrinth of tall grass, watery puddles and lost trainers. It gets easier as you head north, here you find flat grassy land with the airfield in sight.

Pokemon: Spinarak, Zubat, Noctowl, Linoone, Venonat, Gloom, Farfetch’d, Murkrow, Ditto (uncommon), Houndour(Rare), Gowlithe(Rare)

Route 14

A short, neat and tidy road leads travelers from the airfield to the capital. Well kept grass and picturesque little rest stops line the route, warding away wild pokemon, but attracting travelers and photographers.

Route 15

Large rocks strike out of the ground around you with a stone and mud pathway weaving throughout them. This is a treasure trove for pokemon with both long grass and large areas of mountainous terrain.

Pokemon: Mankey, Primeape, Ponyta, Geodude, Spearow, Fearow, Gligar (uncommon)

Route 16

To your left is Neostorm Heights and to your right is a descent to the river. As one of the first places to have pokemon this area is particularly full with them. Some small patches of the road reveal tiny burrows causing Pokemon to jump out at trainers even when they aren’t in the long grass. Luckily the pokemon here are easy to run away from.

Pokemon: Geodude, Oddish, Zigzagoon, Rattata, Diglett, Sandshrew, Paras, Chingling, Buneary.

Route 17

This mossy land is surrounded by enormous mountains which cast a shadow across the entire route. A small stone bridge spans the width of the river allowing you across to the other side.

Pokemon: Volbeat, Illumise, Ledyba, Ledian, Wooper, Quagsire, Grimer (uncommon), Koffing (uncommon).

Route 18

An extravagant enclosed bridge stretches across the expanse of the lake where trainers gather to battle before the judgment of the storms. A small hut sits at the very end of it where a lovely old couple offer travelers food and shelter before entering Fissure Pass.

Pokemon: Wooper, Quagsire, Geodude, Pikachu, Plusle, Minun. Surfing – Marill, Quagsire, Chinchou

Route 19

Upon exiting Fissure Pass you leave behind the lush green meadows and swampy fields and instead are welcomed by sandy, dry, arid plains. As you walk further the road completely disappears, instead replaced with desert and rocks.

Pokemon: Sandshrew, Sandslash, Diglett, Dugtrio, Graveller, Phanphy, Ponyta, Doduo, Tauros, Primeape, Ekans.

Route 20

A treacherous hill filled with pokemon, winding roads and hot weather. You climb to the top of the crater where a track worn in by many feet leads down to its center. Bizarrely shaped rocks surround this area, likely made the same time as the crater itself.

Pokemon: Graveller, Slugma, Ponyta, Rapidash, Growlithe, Vulpix, Doduo, Onix, Fearow

Route 21

As you walk across this desert you discover that floor falls away at some points, blocking your path. Upon closer inspection you discover small tunnels leading deep down into the ground. You can’t venture far into them, but the odd detour through one of these burrows reveals a hotbed for pokemon. After three of these the ground levels out again and wooden planks start to appear. Here tired trainers challenge you before you can walk up a stream of wooden steps to the flight post.

Pokemon: Sandshrew, Sandslash, Diglett, Dugtrio, Cubone, Graveler, Yanma, Trapinch

Route 22

This path lies deep in the canyon between two awe inspiring mountain ranges. Winds still whip at the road where bird trainers test out their Pokemon.

Pokemon: Natu, Fearow, Pidgeotto, Skarmory, Chimeco, Magnemite, Magneton, Vibrava (rare).

Route 23

After leaving Ticlone Town you find a spiraling road leading up a mountain. Stronger Pokemon live around here, no doubt an effect of the tough terrain. The salty sea air strikes you further up the mountain where patches of green grass and bushes begin to sprout. Finally you come to a grand cave entrance to begin your walk on Victory Road.

Pokemon: Pidgeotto, Steelix, Donphan, Ursaring, Tangela, Ponyta, Rapidash, Skarmory, Voltorb, Electrode, Absol (rare).

[/spoiler]

LEGENDARY POKÉMON:

[spoiler]

The weather in eastern Genso has massively deteriorated over the previous year or two, Atomic Inc.’s scheming has not gone unnoticed and in particular, these force of nature Pokémon have decided to make it as difficult for them as possible by influencing the weather.

Landorus: Has increased the ground temperature steadily around Galliust Town, and caused cracks in the ground in route 21. Appears in the Crater after Atomic Inc. have been dealt with.

Thundurus: Has increased the severity of the lightning storms around Neostorm Heights, appears atop the Lightning Rod preventing repairs once Atomic Inc. are dealt with.

Tornadus: Has increased the strength at which the winds rip through the south east of Genso, appears on a hard to find outcropping in Victory Road.

And this little one who just wants some down time...

Jirachi: Has taken residence at the top of the ‘Battle Tower’ to rest after witnessing the ills of the Orre Region.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Why are people reserving entry spots? Do they expect Musica to keep checking every reserve spot every hour until they submit it? It might of made sense if you reserved on the first page, but in the middle of the thread? Pants on head retarded.

No idea, I just went with the flow.

Though page 6 only is where the contest opened. So we're basically first.

So, yes, there was no point in reserving. :P

But I mean our post has to be somewhere, why not there.

You have a better chance of your entry not being skipped over entirely if you just make a new post when you're done. Mu, or any of the other mods will see a new reply, check the thread, see the new entries that where added and save the post number. Where as, if you edited one of your old posts, it doesn't alert them that you edited your post, the only way you can be sure that they see your post is to PM one of the judges, which seems like it would be annoying.

I am sure when they judge the thread they will review the entire thing. Having said that not every member of the forum will do that so well you're not risking missing out on being judges, you are going to miss out on the community viewing your entry (possibly). I'd love to see everyones, and not miss them. Mine is going to be a while though, eek. 

Hey I could be wrong about this but I'm sure once I tried to make a post with quite a few images in it and when I tried to post it wouldn't let me because I had more than the allowed limit of posted images.

I'm probably going to have a few images accompanying my entry (I think maybe others will too), so will the image limit be lifted for this this thread or shall we just post links to image sharing sites instead? I would prefer to be able to post my image alongside my walls of text but it's no big deal if not.

You have a better chance of your entry not being skipped over entirely if you just make a new post when you're done. Mu, or any of the other mods will see a new reply, check the thread, see the new entries that where added and save the post number. Where as, if you edited one of your old posts, it doesn't alert them that you edited your post, the only way you can be sure that they see your post is to PM one of the judges, which seems like it would be annoying.

I suggested earlier in that entries were posted on a separate thread.

Musica said he'll probably just make an index on page 1 linking to all our entries.

Also, they don't need to know at every update what we do.

On deadline day, the thread will be locked and hidden, so we can't edit our posts anymore. Only the content at that time will matter. You can add nazi references as long as you delete them before deadline. Or don't if you think it'll help win. :P

So, it really doesn't matter where our posts are, or when we edit them. If your entry was overlooked, you'll notice it missing on the page 1 index.

Hey I could be wrong about this but I'm sure once I tried to make a post with quite a few images in it and when I tried to post it wouldn't let me because I had more than the allowed limit of posted images.

I'm probably going to have a few images accompanying my entry (I think maybe others will too), so will the image limit be lifted for this this thread or shall we just post links to image sharing sites instead? I would prefer to be able to post my image alongside my walls of text but it's no big deal if not.

Good point o:

I also intend to have many many pictures. Under spoilers, of course, but at least 30 or so :p

I'd prefer if image limit were lifted.

I plan on reserving a few posts in a row and editing them with the images and such. There's no way the admins would care to lift the image restrictions and such.