Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

Update: Congratulations to DestructX for winning an Official Summer Ball Qualifier this past Sunday and earning the rank as the 10th Best Overall Player in PokeMMO. With this win, DestructX was able to bump Haazuu off of the list and claim his spot at #10. This also means that [CiX] has two members on this list, second behind [LYLE] with five. 

I have played some but still i suck

need more training i guess

You just have to immerse yourself brah. Find a tier you like, research the comp guides provided here on the forums, and study the usage lists as well. There is a lot to competitive play outside of just playing, but then again, just playing is going to have the best results in making you the better player honestly. 

Update: In a bizarre turn of events that saw a server disconnect during the finals of the Blindman's Bluff, Raaidn was able to emerge victoriously in the rematch one day later. Despite Thief'ing leftovers from Gengar and ruining his Flail sweep, Raaidn came back with a Gyarados sweep just a few moments later to solidify the win. Raaidn is now tied for 3rd Place on the Best Overall Player's List with Burntzebra at 26.5 points. 

Update: In a bizarre turn of events that saw a server disconnect during the finals of the Blindman's Bluff, Raaidn was able to emerge victoriously in the rematch one day later. Despite Thief'ing leftovers from Gengar and ruining his Flail sweep, Raaidn came back with a Gyarados sweep just a few moments later to solidify the win. Raaidn is now tied for 3rd Place on the Best Overall Player's List with Burntzebra at 26.5 points. 

Is that not a gimmick? I mean it had a different format from EVERY other tournament ever hosted on pokemmo

Zebra please, there is nothing in the OP that designates a "hidden bracket" tournament being non-standard. The defining criteria is by how the tournament was designed. 

1. Did not disclude any pokemon outside of its designated tier (OU)

2. 6v6 Singles

3. No modifications to standard clauses

Sorry brah, but this one stays. I think Craig said it best though: 

Zebra look at me in the eys

Stop being stupid

You know this isn't a gimmick

Zebra pls, that argument just doesn't hold merit. If you want to discredit all the work I've put into this then do so in a more constructive manner. This just makes you appear immature and resentful of your placement amongst the greats in this game.

>Lyle person owns this page

>Lyle person wins a debatable gimmick tournament

HMM I WONDER WHAT THE PAGE OWNER WILL DECIDE. I mean I don't really care that much if you're biased, but if you are going to be, at least admit it. 

I wouldn't say he's biased in this instance - the "standard" criteria are listed clearly on page 1 and the no-bracket tournament seems to fit all of them, despite being out of the ordinary. I don't think it's as clear cut as people are making it out to be, i mean it's the first official with this format, so zebra's not completely outrageous for calling it a gimmick. I do think he's wrong though

Thanks gunthug for being understanding in this matter and helping to clarify from an outsider's perspective.

Edit: If there was anything supportive of this aforementioned tournament being a gimmick, in the op it would be a gimmick. I hold no biases when designating tournaments and I've shut down LYLE players before that tried to argue against me calling something a gimmick that they won.

Edited by DoubleJ