Improve Trading through the PC Deposit Box

I believe that this idea can be developed even further. I will continue to add reasons to implement the system.

Improve Trading~!

I believe there should be a Pokemon Trade Database through an NPC, perhaps the second floor of all Pokemon Centers/ or the actual PC. This database could also be called a "NPC Vender", or "Trading Post PC". I know nothing about going about this but I assume it can be a complicated system to create. As it would store Seller Usernames, Buyer Usernames, Pokemon Image, Pokemon Name, Pokemon OT's, Natures, IV's EV's, Move-sets, Price, or up for Auction, Ect. 

+ Positives to a New Trade System (Money Only):

+ Precise & Elimination of Scammers: In addition, this system would allow more organization to the current trade spam chat. It will also bring more information on the worth of a current Pokemon and how to set its price. (Rather than wide opinion based sales) It would make it easier to price a Pokemon because sellers would base their sales on what is already for sale. From this would make more competitive sales, which i would consider it a positive change. In addition if trades were also allowed to do on this trade system, there would be no scammers! As the price would be set or auctioned through the system. There should also be regular trades (how we currently trade) even if this system were implemented though, because some people want to do direct sales. Pokemon that are low prices will also make good profit. 

+ Organized & User Friendly: If the system also implements pokemon trades for items, and trades for other Pokemon it would still display information easy and the buyer could easly message the seller, and the seller could even advertise they are looking to trade for specific Pokemon or items

+ Elimination of Discrimination/Language Barriers: A  Vender System  will eliminate language barriers all together and be the most secure, intelligent trade system with all information. People who speak other languages won't have to rely on translators and their sales are secure and precise in a trade post vender.

+ Elimination of Spam:This trading system, can eliminate the current "Trade Chat" SPAM and be put in an intelligent database where all Pokemon of different rages of skills, "IVs, EVs, Natures, Moves, ect"

- Negatives to a New Trade System ( Some may be positives depending on your viewpoint ) :

-/+ Competitive: However, if this complicated system were created, people would aim to buy only the best Pokemon. Since a database, (search system) would allow people to buy the more desirable Pokemon of  best EV's, IV's, Ect at a click of a search.This would make these better Pokemon prices rise to high prices. This could be either good or bad. Pokemon will have more set prices, and the higher prices will be a lot higher. Lastly,through this system there will be less interaction through sellers and buyers. Which is why i think they should also allow direct trades optional. 

[spoiler]Because Ray wanted me to post something, i did. o-o[/spoiler]

I think there is a topic about this before.

Which Topic. o-o

I believe that this idea can be developed even further.

I believe there should be a Pokemon Trade Database through an NPC, perhaps the second floor of all Pokemon Centers. This database could also be called a "NPC Vender", or "Trading Post". I know nothing about going about this but I assume it can be a complicated system to create. As it would store Seller Usernames, Buyer Usernames, Pokemon Image, Pokemon Name, Pokemon OT's, Natures, IV's EV's, Move-sets, Price, or up for Auction, Ect.

I don't think this would be as complicated since they already have a system where we can drag Pokemon from our parties into the chat which pops up a window that tells us every information about that Pokemon. They just need to transfer that information/Pokemon from the seller to the buyer. 

- Negatives to a New Trade System ( Some may be positives depending on your viewpoint ) :

However, if this complicated system were created, people would aim to buy only the best Pokemon. Since a database, (search system) would allow people to buy the more desirable Pokemon of best EV's, IV's, Ect at a click of a search.This would make these better Pokemon prices rise to high prices. This could be either good or bad. Pokemon will have more set prices, and the higher prices will be a lot higher. Lastly,through this system there will be less interaction through sellers and buyers. Which is why i think they should also allow direct trades optional.

I think through the concept of laissez-faire, it will be the community that determines the market prices: buying and selling what they think is the right price. 

ok first of all im not saying no to this. but i am saying some of your reasons are invalid. cause say a person wants to trade they have to go face to face odds are the people selling/trading have the ability to fly to majority of the places. next the chat box for trading isnt small i rather it not be in bigger as it would take away way to much from seeing the game so perhaps you need glasses

The trade system wouldn't be in the current spam trade, sure there will still be chats in trade chat, but it will be put in a separate database that's not involved with spamming up the trade chat. Which is why I mention a vender. Were talking about a better organized system that makes trades run smoother, with less spam, and less opinion based sales. These type of trade systems are all over in many MMO's. This system, would also implement people not having to meet up if they didn't want to because it is finalized with a timer in the trade vender. (Which eliminate scammer possibilities). I also gave a choice if they wanted to do an in person trade.

ok first of all im not saying no to this. but i am saying some of your reasons are invalid. cause say a person wants to trade they have to go face to face odds are the people selling/trading have the ability to fly to majority of the places. next the chat box for trading isnt small i rather it not be in bigger as it would take away way to much from seeing the game so perhaps you need glasses

I think the game does keep getting new players every day, and when they really want to meet the seller/buyer at their location (possibly because of language barriers), maybe they are not able to get to that city yet like some parts of the Sevii Islands which requires beating the Elite 4 and getting the Rainbow Pass. Instead, they can just go to a PokeCenter which is almost in every part of the region. 

I'm not suggesting we make a bigger chat box, I'm just saying it is too small for some people to look for Pokemon/items that they want to buy. I think we should keep trading separate from the chat box. 

I think we do keep getting new players each day, and when they really want to meet the seller/buyer at their location (possibly because of language barriers), maybe they are not able to get to that city yet such as the Sevii Islands which requires beating the Elite 4 and getting the Rainbow Pass. Instead, they can just go to a PokeCenter which is almost in every part of the region. 

I'm not suggesting we make a bigger chat box, I'm just saying it is too small for some people to look for Pokemon/items that they want to buy. 

I agree it would make trades so much easier by choosing whether or whether not you wanted to meet in person. Many people cannot fly, many people do not know their current location, many people are busy, and it takes a lot of time to met up. When all can be sold by clicks of a few search and click buttons. The option of meeting up would be great too if they personally know the seller/buyer.

I have an excellent idea, why don't you decide that when you trade something, so that way you DON'T get scammed, you can have the item there in the trade box and it will tell you what the "going" rate is for that item i.e. Leftovers = 1 million pokedollars (a little out there), Exp share = 300K - 500K, etc. there should be a trade option that does this option...

I have an excellent idea, why don't you decide that when you trade something, so that way you DON'T get scammed, you can have the item there in the trade box and it will tell you what the "going" rate is for that item i.e. Leftovers = 1 million pokedollars (a little out there), Exp share = 300K - 500K, etc. there should be a trade option that does this option...

I think through a non-face-to-face trade, we can greatly reduce many of these concerns and issues, and I think players should sell/buy for what they think the price is right for them. 

You can already change the size of it though...

Ray is referring to the size of the database a "trade post vender". Instead, of a trade chat spam box that is illegible/small and wipes down the chat bar and spammed to kill our eyes it will be elsewhere in a trade database that is separate. In the post I said above, this trade database will be search based and a easy access for selling and buying trades with out interfering as much in chat.

You can already change the size of it though...

I did not mean the actual size of the window. I meant it is just limited space to look for offers where trading extends through all over the region, and all channels. Wouldn't we want to have the capability to spell/type out what we want, and find it automatically through a database, rather than trying to find a player that is trying to spam it or spamming it ourselves in the chat window?  

Ray is referring to the size of the database a "trade post vender". Instead, of a trade chat spam box that is illegible/small and wipes down the chat bar and spammed to kill our eyes it will be elsewhere in a trade database that is separate. In the post I said above, this trade database will be search based and a easy access for selling and buying trades with out interfering as much in chat.

I also support the motion of also in game muting if you say the same message on trade chat all over again... players should know how to describe their item or pokemon that they are selling in a different vocab every now and then, makes the page more fresh to look at...

I feel like we already have a sufficient platform for players to make trades, either on the forums or through trade chat. I mean having a separate PC box where people can look at the pokemon you have for trade  and then offer on then would be lovely but at the same time unnecessary. As appose to trawling through trade chat and forum shops you would trawl through PC boxes. Also "so the page looks more fresh to look at" doesn't really seem like a great reason to implement something and as for scamming if both parties agree on a price I hardly feel like it is a scam. 

Edit: I feel like people would still spam in trade chat if not there pokemon then "Look at my PC box Username: TwinkleStarChild, heaps of cool pokemon". is what you would be getting over and over

I think the game does keep getting new players every day, and when they really want to meet the seller/buyer at their location (possibly because of language barriers), maybe they are not able to get to that city yet like some parts of the Sevii Islands which requires beating the Elite 4 and getting the Rainbow Pass. Instead, they can just go to a PokeCenter which is almost in every part of the region. 

I'm not suggesting we make a bigger chat box, I'm just saying it is too small for some people to look for Pokemon/items that they want to buy. I think we should keep trading separate from the chat box. 

point is i was making is odds are one of them will be able to get to the other that is what you dont understand if one has fly you 2 obviously make a location and meet each other there

I feel like we already have a sufficient platform for players to make trades, either on the forums or through trade chat. I mean having a separate PC box where people can look at the pokemon you have for trade  and then offer on then would be lovely but at the same time unnecessary. As appose to trawling through trade chat and forum shops you would trawl through PC boxes. Also "so the page looks more fresh to look at" doesn't really seem like a great reason to implement something and as for scamming if both parties agree on a price I hardly feel like it is a scam. 

Edit: I feel like people would still spam in trade chat if not there pokemon then "Look at my PC box Username: TwinkleStarChild, heaps of cool pokemon". is what you would be getting over and over

I feel like since this Pokemon game is more complex in trading than the original Pokemon games because it is a worldwide MMO, the current trading process is not sufficient enough to handle massive trades that could potentially be better at handling.

Although I suggest that we use boxes as player shops for selling, I do not suggest that we trawl through all of them them to buy from. Instead, we should have a search function where we can specify which Pokemon, nature, ability, or IVs we want to trade for. 

I think there are various definitions of scam than just both parties agreeing on a price such as agreeing to lied information. 

The idea may not end the spam in the trade chat, but I think it will reduce it significantly and noticeably. Regardless, the trade chat has not changed: players can still sell/buy through the trade chat if they so wish, but they shall have the option of an alternative. 

point is i was making is odds are one of them will be able to get to the other that is what you dont understand if one has fly you 2 obviously make a location and meet each other there

Maybe it isn't the issue of travel, but the issue where maybe one of them does not understand the other which I indicated in parentheses, language barriers, so some people might want to go meet that person themselves. There have been several occasions where I had to use an online translator because my buyer did not know where I was, so I had to go find him instead to complete the trade. 

A trading post is seen in many MMOs today, it is organized, straightforward search system, provides no language barriers, involves no scammers, is specific to the kind of items(Pokemon) to sell or trade.These options would provide easier prices through simple searches. ( The prices will still be player based through their ideas for the price) Players can have a choice to sell or auction at a reasonable price, while comparing current trades as a tool.To solve this spam button we can simply eliminate trade chat, and it will simply be put in a place that isn't spammed to the masses. If pokemmo initially started with this idea we would not see spam. Where and which mmos with trade posts have spam? Exactly none. Even with this function, I'll say again direct trades should still be allowed for personal trades.

Maybe it isn't the issue of travel, but the issue where maybe one of them does not understand the other which I indicated in parentheses, language barriers, so some people might want to go meet that person themselves. There have been several occasions where I had to use an online translator because my buyer did not know where I was, so I had to go find him instead to complete the trade. 

ok 1 i believe in the ToS you MUST know English or you're not allowed to play which was stated in a thread by Kyu unless this rule was changed. also no one in their right mind would trade with a person who dont know their language cause it can be turned into a scam easily.

ok 1 i believe in the ToS you MUST know English or you're not allowed to play which was stated in a thread by Kyu unless this rule was changed. also no one in their right mind would trade with a person who dont know their language cause it can be turned into a scam easily.

The written ideas already said by both me and Ray say that this database will store all information before someone buys somthing. The database if created will store information in a vender like in many other trade post mmos. Both me and Ray have been saying the same things over and over. A new trade database will store all information as stated above, "EVs, IVS", automatic trade system like other mmos which will make it organized (not spammed), have no language barriers since it's automated like other mmos, no travel problems, or communication problems with a searched automated system. In addition competive trades, less opinion based sales, auction sales, players will put a price to thier item and sell it through a trade post system. It will show image of Pokemon and all information of pokemon to make it even more organized than the current system. If they create this system they can be rid the current trade system "trade chat" spam and create a vender such as the one I've been saying. Lastly as stated before there should be still options to do direct sales if you personally want something from a friend, like you want thier OT shiny or you personally know them- so you can still do direct trades with this concept.

Main point being a system such as this will eliminate language barriers all together and be the most secure, intelligent trade system with all information. People who speak other languages won't have to rely on translators and their sales are secure and precise in a trade post vender. They will also will not be discriminated against - so it will solve so many problems that we have already.

According to the ToS, you need to acknowledge that your knowledge of the English language is sufficient to understand the terms and conditions; it does not state, however, that you must know English or you are not allowed to play. 

Any face-to-face trading interaction raises the risk of falling into a scam. With this idea, we can avoid most of those risks. 

According to the ToS, you need to acknowledge that your knowledge of the English language is sufficient to understand the terms and conditions; it does not state, however, that you must know English or you are not allowed to play. 

Any face-to-face trading interaction raises the risk of falling into a scam. With this idea, we can avoid most of those risks. 

but again you have to acknowledge that you do know english otherwise you are to click i disagree which in reality would prevent you from playing

but again you have to acknowledge that you do know english otherwise you are to click i disagree which in reality would prevent you from playing

Regardless if players know English or not, they shall still continue to play PokeMMO, and few things can stop or change that. 

Regardless if players know English or not, they shall still continue to play PokeMMO, and few things can stop or change that. 

i know but im getting after your reason in having this idea though cause you shouldnt have to use a translator for a trade to much of a hassle. if you can find better reasons for this then by my guest and post them. i said i wasnt against the idea only against your reasons for it.

i know but im getting after your reason in having this idea though cause you shouldnt have to use a translator for a trade to much of a hassle. if you can find better reasons for this then by my guest and post them. i said i wasnt against the idea only against your reasons for it.

I understand that you weren't against the idea; I only want to clarify the situations where trading can be a hassle.