Improve Trading through the PC Deposit Box

Hope to hear in time something from Mod. or Designer here....

(Add a link to my Signatur form this Topic)

To be entirely honest with you, I don't think it would be a good use of our time, as it would be better to wait for the Auction House - this seems like more of a quick solution to lack of a global market, and the full implementation of the Auction House will do just that.

To be entirely honest with you, I don't think it would be a good use of our time, as it would be better to wait for the Auction House - this seems like more of a quick solution to lack of a global market, and the full implementation of the Auction House will do just that.

Not only can this be a quick solution, but I think it could also be easy to use, and bring more advantages to how we trade. 

Are you saying that the Auction House is going to be implemented? Although I've previously addressed the disadvantages of the Auction House, either idea is alright with me as long as there is a reform in how we trade now. 

Are you saying that the Auction House is going to be implemented? Although I've previously addressed the disadvantages of the Auction House, either idea is alright with me as long as there is a reform in how we trade now. 

Yes, it is going to be implemented at some stage.

Not only can this be a quick solution, but I think it could also be easy to use, and bring more advantages to how we trade.

Quick solution was not meant to represent a positive here; I was stating that it would be a rushed feature that would take up our time when it could be spent developing a full feature.

My suggestion does not have to be a rushed feature. 

Are you saying my suggestion is not a full feature? I believe it can be a full feature. 

No that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that it is not as in-depth as the Auction House will be, and that it would be better to wait for the development of that than create a feature such as this that is effectively doing the same thing but on a smaller level.

No that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that it is not as in-depth as the Auction House will be, and that it would be better to wait for the development of that than create a feature such as this that is effectively doing the same thing but on a smaller level.

If a feature can effectively do the same thing, why should it matter if it's big or small? 

I don't think we should make an in-depth Auction House. I think we should try to make trading simple and easy while at the same time improving it. The way we trade now may be simple, but I dont think it's easy. An in-depth Auction house may be easy, but I don't think it would be simple. I think we should find a balance between the two. 

I totally agree with this sugestion!

I think the idea of having an offline shop will result on less spam on the Trade Chat, also it could improve the flow of the game and if you are looking for a pokemon, you wont need to wait until someone that has the pokemon connects and offers it in the Trade Chat.

Any idea that improves gameplay like this one, should be taking care of!!!

• 2 weeks later...

it is not as in-depth as the Auction House will be, and that it would be better to wait for the development of that than create a feature such as this that is effectively doing the same thing but on a smaller level.

Sounds like they already have something planned out that is more elaborate. So, in a way, your suggestion of having a better trade system is being implemented in the future. I think you should trust in Darkshade and not worry about it opening poster. Who knows, you might end up liking the auction house more. ;)

I find the auction house as well as the player trade shop very good ideas.

Most important any of those 2 features will make most spam in channel chat go away, massively reduce the time spent on selling/buying pokemon and make it possible for people to buy from everyone, not just from people who are online when you are.

I would be okay if any of these 2 features was implemented, but i personally think it would be best if there was both. An auction house for normal trading as well as a player owned shop which can be accessed by clicking at the player which would encourage personal trading which is more fun in my opinion.

Yeah there is not an actual thread that discusses an auction house, i believe that both should be implemented, for an auction house there should be a set time for when an auction should end. The PC Shop is important too because it will end trades faster than auction houses, and some people prefer set prices than auctioning off Pokemon. So i think its very important for this should be implemented along side auctioning. Aren't we tired of seeing spam trades?

I support this thread 100% and put it in my signature!! 

With a PC Box, the seller puts a set price, and the buyer buys it for the price. The price can be set hours head of time, which is why PC is faster and easier than auction house. An auction can be also a set time, but have a starting price, and end in an hourly limit through a system. There can also be preferences on how long the seller wants the auction up for. Typically, set prices stay up for trade forever, while auctions have set times. Auctions can be used for rarer Pokemon with great ivs, or shinys. Set prices are known, and sell for what the seller wants, its also easier for buyers because they do not have to keep bidding. The set priced ones are set up by the sellers preferences, before he or she puts it up for trade.

It reduces scam, it is faster, don't have to communicate just see the system and buy/sell. Put in a ditto with 31 ivs first to see it gets it they enter the price and off they go. The seller could have put it into their trade box hours ago, a min ago. If the buyer is lucky, one min later it sells. 

Basically this is Pokemmo eBay.

I support this idea, this will greatly reduce risks of falling into a scam. Also, will may reduce spam in trade chat. 

When player wanted to buy a pokemon from the player, player says this he would buy pokemon tomorrow. After that, he came back and whispered him but that trader is offline. He'd be frustrated. There's many reasons for it. So when this feature's implemented, it'll solve this problem. That's an example tho.

Auction house and this feature might be implemented at same time though, it'll provide many benefits to players if possible.

• 1 month later...

Just like to write becaus some time here no-one have post something new.

Keep this Thread alive!!

Just please no.

I don't think this is a bad idea at all and it certainly would make trading better than it is at the moment etc. etc.

but the devs are not going to do something just because people keep bumping a suggestion thread for no reason or adding their support with signatures, I can tell you this much. Especially, if they're already working on with something else.

but the devs are not going to do something just because people keep bumping a suggestion thread for no reason or adding their support with signatures, I can tell you this much. Especially, if they're already working on with something else.

I don't think this is just for the devs to see, but also for the players to see.