[Official] Tier Changes

The UU council was involved in this, and so was the NU council. (Except for a few who couldn't make it)

It's not like this was just decided without any input from the councils like you're implying, kek.

Glad to hear it then. Cool ya'll could collaberate on this in a day, hopefully it works out but it's a shame we lose tiers until this can get straightened out.

Welcome to ou... well everyone.

When will the lower tiers be reinstated?

UU will likely be created by around early March, whereas NU will have to be finished some indeterminate time after UU.

so extra long winter break?

Is Doubles okay?

Yes.

always ^^

im gonna start putting [Official] next to all my posts too

ditto.

I'm interested to see if UU turns into having Lapras and such. This approach seems like the lower tiers are going to have a lot of changing.

maybe. since last disscussion..... hypno now has wish and lapras's phsyical moveset of signal beam + ancient power is no longer phsyical. many special pokes now have the option of running hp's like fight/rock that are se vs lapras and many physical pokes now have the option of thunder punch. also we have choice band now. so maybe(tm)........

Edited by fredrichnietze

I'm interested to see if UU turns into having Lapras and such. This approach seems like the lower tiers are going to have a lot of changing.

lapras too good for UU , its versatility is really powerfull, but most importantly its ability to trap perish song any wall and a bunch of offensive stuff on the switch

How will the council gather and present usage with the upcoming official?

there is a tier council? wow thought that was a joke just realized you guys were for reals

all I got to say is if you let a few make decisions on stuff on like this at least have those vet players who have been playing for a long time and are truthfully real good have input and not people who do not play this game

I do not this to be an attack its just a question I have. But anyway Senile, do you even play pokemmo? Last time I checked you didn't and if you were on it was never comp play.

It's the staff's job to gather usage. If you're talking about the Oceanic tournament, that tournament won't have usage gathered for it AFAIK, because it's really soon after the update, giving people little time to prepare for it, AND it's at a super awkward time.

there is a tier council? wow thought that was a joke just realized you guys were for reals

all I got to say is if you let a few make decisions on stuff on like this at least have those vet players who have been playing for a long time and are truthfully real good have input and not people who do not play this game

I do not this to be an attack its just a question I have. But anyway Senile, do you even play pokemmo? Last time I checked you didn't and if you were on it was never comp play.

As the best NU player on the server...

Usage won't be taken at the Oceanic Tournament, it's too early.

For future tournaments usage is gathered and presented the way it's always been done for the last half year, which is by Staff and presented in this thread: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/39969-official-usage-statistics/

Super awkward time shouldn't play into anything. Just a different subset of competitive players will make up the majority of the entrants. It's still the same group of players on average though.

Also, players have been crafting since before the update and it is quite apparent that hoenn comps are ready from trade corner. Why wait another 2 weeks for something that can be stated tomorrow? This process is going to take months, let's not prolong it any further.

So (hypothetically speaking) if a pokemon that would never be used in OU could technically be in OU if it is used a certain percentage?

If its never used in OU, then how would it keep a certain percentage?

Even if OU gets slim, changes aren't going to be made blindly because we have Senile a tier council.

So (hypothetically speaking) if a pokemon that would never be used in OU could technically be in OU if it is used a certain percentage?

Don't forget what the tier labels actually mean, they denote how much you see certain pokemon in the OU environment (i.e. everything but Ubers is allowed):

OU - pokemon that are over/often used

UU - pokemon that are under used

NU - pokemon that are never used

As an example: in XY OU certain UU-ranked pokemon are somewhat common in OU. Raikou, Beedrill, Altaria and Tentacruel can all be somewhat effective in OU, but since they are less commonly placed on OU teams they are UU. In other cases, pokemon can get the boot from UU for being too strong for the tier, even if usage-wise they are UU (these pokemon go to BL, which is a subset of OU).

Ultimately the "usage stat" tiering system still has to fall back on subjective "strength-based" tiering at some point, because the numbers don't always tell the whole story. 

Don't forget what the tier labels actually mean, they denote how much you see certain pokemon in the OU environment (i.e. everything but Ubers is allowed):

OU - pokemon that are over/often used
UU - pokemon that are under used
NU - pokemon that are never used

As an example: in XY OU certain UU-ranked pokemon are somewhat common in OU. Raikou, Beedrill, Altaria and Tentacruel can all be somewhat effective in OU, but since they are less commonly placed on OU teams they are UU. In other cases, pokemon can get the boot from UU for being too strong for the tier, even if usage-wise they are UU (these pokemon go to BL, which is a subset of OU).

Ultimately the "usage stat" tiering system still has to fall back on subjective "strength-based" tiering at some point, because the numbers don't always tell the whole story.

I think i meant if a large group of people attempted to mess with the system by using a certain pokemon like magikarp or something. But as I said I was tired as it was 3 am lol

I think i meant if a large group of people attempted to mess with the system by using a certain pokemon like magikarp or something. But as I said I was tired as it was 3 am lol

Senile addressed it earlier, apparently this kind of thing used to happen in gen 4. He said the council could look into it and use their discretion in extreme cases, but I really can't see people sabotaging their tournament chances by using lesser pokes just to get some pokes unreasonably lifted to another tier

Senile addressed it earlier, apparently this kind of thing used to happen in gen 4. He said the council could look into it and use their discretion in extreme cases, but I really can't see people sabotaging their tournament chances by using lesser pokes just to get some pokes unreasonably lifted to another tier

cough everyone use porygon2 in OU to get rid of cancer in UU cough

cough everyone use porygon2 in OU to get rid of cancer in UU cough

It's hard to skew these things in PokeMMO because the tournaments are used to determine usage. Basically, P2 would have to do well, i.e. be on winning teams, since those are the ones that advance and increase usage numbers. So unless a Pokemon deserves to be in OU, it probably won't be, even with some "sabotage".

It's hard to skew these things in PokeMMO because the tournaments are used to determine usage. Basically, P2 would have to do well, i.e. be on winning teams, since those are the ones that advance and increase usage numbers. So unless a Pokemon deserves to be in OU, it probably won't be, even with some "sabotage".

I feel confident I could win a few rounds of Ou with a porygon, granted I don't get trapped by reversal dugtrio (conversion 2 porygon op)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.