PokeMMO Super League Season 3 - Official Smack Talk Thread (also the general thread)

Wasn't there a thing before where all teams got extra credits for mid-season? Looking at this list, spheals are garuanteed two players of their choice. Considering that everybody already have full teams, having the two strongest players from the auction seems to give a game-breaking advantage.

i would like to point out that bowser and frags both told everyone ahead of time they would be going for mid season but not week 1 of pls. if other managers chose not to keep enough credits in reserve then that is their fault/problem. also >midseason and 2/8=/=guaranteed win/game breaking.

@think they are good?

[spoiler]

this is smack talk thread right?

[/spoiler]

Edited by fredrichnietze

Well nothing really changes if every team gets 10k, Coolio still guarantees the two strongest of the auctions. The best counter measure is finding multiple good players (lf Nik, Kanzo, Sheroo)

You'd allow teams like mine and Riga's to pick up some of the lower tiered players in the midseason though. 

EDIT: Also, the more players you can get in the more popular this is going to be later. 

Edited by DoubleJ

well it wouldn't really do much if everyone got more credits, since spheals would still have more credits, and not giving them credits is pretty unfair 

Wrong. If everybody got 10 million credits, spheals advantage would be diminished. Sure, they could always garuantee one player of their choice, but not two like now. JJ's suggestion of 10k would at least give some other teams the possibility of compete.

Well nothing really changes if every team gets 10k, Coolio still guarantees the two strongest of the auctions. The best counter measure is finding multiple good players (lf Nik, Kanzo, Sheroo)

10k changes a lot, as spheals does NOT garuantee two players (riga and revolution can now outbid spheals if they push the first bid to the limit). But I agree that if there are only going to be two players worth bidding for, it doesn't really matter.

You'd allow teams like mine and Riga's to pick up some of the lower tiered players in the midseason though. 

ok you have established that 10k extra credits would change the results of the mid season player auction. but why should think do it? why are these different results "better" then what will happen if nothing changes?

i would like to point out that bowser and frags both told everyone ahead of time they would be going for mid season but not week 1 of pls. if other managers chose not to keep enough credits in reserve then that is their fault/problem. also >midseason and 2/8=/=guaranteed win/game breaking.

@think they are good?

[spoiler]

this is smack talk thread right?

[/spoiler]

A shame archi didn't tell anybody that he was planning on getting banned.

[spoiler]Or did he?[/spoiler]

ok you have established that 10k extra credits would change the results of the mid season player auction. but why should think do it? why are these different results "better" then what will happen if nothing changes?

Because everybody went through the first auction with the knowledge that the credits that would remain would be the only credits used for mid-season, but this turned out to not be the case. Nobody would've allowed spheals to keep 40k credits and go unpunished from that auction. Having a two players advantage is huge compared to a one player advantage, since one good player is worth more than a million bad players.

Wrong. If everybody got 10 million credits, spheals advantage would be diminished. Sure, they could always garuantee one player of their choice, but not two like now. JJ's suggestion of 10k would at least give some other teams the possibility of compete.

10k changes a lot, as spheals does NOT garuantee two players (riga and revolution can now outbid spheals if they push the first bid to the limit). But I agree that if there are only going to be two players worth bidding for, it doesn't really matter.

well spheals are at a disadvantage right now because the line up is only worth "60k" credits right now while the heroes have a 100k line up. And mid season auctions were known about before the season started, so managers fault if they don't have any credits to spend on players during the mid season auction.

edit: one thing that does worry me is people purposely quitting psl so their former teams can have a possible advantage at mid season auction, but it is relatively risky because those players are at risk at being banned from psl for a few seasons and the players they had been hoping for may not be signed up for the mid season auction either

Edited by BurntZebra

well spheals are at a disadvantage right now because the line up is only worth "60k" credits right now while the heroes have a 100k line up. And mid season auctions were known about before the season started, so managers fault if they don't have any credits to spend on players during the mid season auction.

edit: one thing that does worry me is people purposely quitting psl so their former teams can have a possible advantage at mid season auction, but it is relatively risky because those players are at risk at being banned from psl for a few seasons and the players they had been hoping for may not be signed up for the mid season auction either

They sure are at disadvantage with a 60k team, I can agree with that. But saying that it's the managers fault that they have only a fraction of what coolio has is not true, because he did not save those credits.

The mid-season auction might change a lot, or it might not. It will be interesting to see, to say the least.

To answer fred's question above about why an extra 10k would be beneficial, I simply need to point to the idea of capitalism. When one company has all buying power in the market, the market collapses. The spheals with frags and bowser would be an outstanding powerhouse that wouldn't promote competition but destroy it entirely.

I have also found that the psl is most effective in promoting relatively unknown players within the community. Having an extra 10k per team would also give additional players the chance to compete for a team. This also promotes expansion for future psl's. If a player goes undrafted, will they ever join again?

Oh yea I see an advantage a team has so I want a new bullshit rule so it's fair to me because I'm a baby uguu

[Spoiler]and coolio dont get Noad, I don't like him[/spoiler]

Well yes they have an advantage, but it was an advantage that was made out of poor draft picks in the auction that reaped major dividends. Allowing Coolio to gain 40k back hurts players like OrangeManiac who played a very smart auction and retained enough value to take in a player like KingBowser or Frags. Which was his game plan from the start. Unfortunately now he is looking to be outbid by both and have a less than optimal season. 

oh true coolio u lost 2 players but we don't care because u got money and now u might be good. I'm hungry I need a bottle, make a rule so I get free money waah

BabyCraig pls, you know how good bowser and frags are. Trading arch and bale for them is huge. It won't affect me in anyway by gaining 10k, but it would promote more competition for the teams chasing these players. Also this was just a suggestion that could help the situation which is heavily in favor of one team that had shit luck.

Jesus christ JJ you crying about someone ending up with better players than someone else its always gonna happen. Bid in the auction and move on. We good here. Be cool brah. 

[spoiler] c wot i did der [/spoiler]

I did see what you did there. I'm just trying to make a fair and fun experience for everyone involved. Not a skewed season because a dodo you overpaid for got banned and your best player walked. Nevertheless whatever is going to happen is going to happen so I guess I'll stop trying to help the PSL, I mean stop crying.

=)

I did see what you did there. I'm just trying to make a fair and fun experience for everyone involved. Not a skewed season because a dodo you overpaid for got banned and your best player walked. Nevertheless whatever is going to happen is going to happen so I guess I'll stop trying to help the PSL, I mean stop crying.

=)

But I'm still with the spheals

tfw deciding to save money for the midseason fucked me over

if i knew every other team would have their players leave i would have spent my last 8k on a nice 12k player than than some 2ks but nope. i feel even worse by the fact ive got a player that will also probably never show up and was a big waste.

but shit happens, still gonna win

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.