[Implemented] Ranked PvP overhaul, seasons, prizes!

Hello! I am Kazjor, i have played this game on and off since it was released.

Im here to make a suggestion of a new feature that in my opinion, could make the end game much more exciting, and give players much more motivation to play the game and become stronger.

I would very much encourage anyone to read the whole thread before commenting, and for moderators to take the locking section of this post in to account before locking the thread.

[Ranked PVP]

This is something that is actually already implemented, but not used at all, and it needs and overhaul.

No one ever uses the feature of ranked located in the upper section of the pokecenters, as no one wants to sit around and wait, or even go up there in the first place because they are "lazy".

- A PVP tab

A pvp tab should be added next to all the other tabs in the lower right corner, and as it will be easy accessable, players should use the feature more often. This tab should hold information about your current rating in ranked play, your rank(e.g 1 if you are the player with the highest rating) as well as the average wait time for a pvp battle to come up. It should also include the rules, item bans, pokemon bans, movebans etc.

After you sign up, closing the window should keep you in the queue, so you can continue to do other things while you wait. And to leave the queue, you must again open the window and click a "leave queue" button. After a match is found, you should have one minute to get ready, if you do not accept it within this time frame, you will automaticly forfeit the match.

- Rating

An excellent system for this already exists! I suggest you "borrow" some of the mechanics from the popular MMO World of Warcraft.

Rating gain from a match is based upon the opponents rating. If you win a match versus a lower rated opponent, you will only get a little increase in your rating, and if you lose you would lose a lot of rating. And like that, if the lower rated party wins, he will gain a lot of rating for the battle. However, an opponent which is close to your own rating will be prefered by the matchmaking system, unless you have already waited for a long time(lets say 10 minutes) then the matchmaking system should ignore your rating, and find you a match with any other trainer that is currently queued for battle.

- Seasons

As many other competitive games, there should be ranked seasons, lasting one month each.

There could then be prizes, which could include titles, rare pokemon(chosen at the start of each season), money, or something else entirely, just something to keep people interested.

- Final words

This is for me what the game desperately needs right now, and it is something that will motivate me to keep playing and keep having fun in the game, something that will strive me to get the strongest pokemon, play around with different kind of teams, and see how i stack up against other players. And i am sure i am not the only one that feels that this is something that would make the game much more interesting, so please show your support so this has a chance to be implemented!

EDIT: More informative title

Locking:

This thread was recently locked but reopened. 

I will here state my opinion why this should not be locked and be allowed to be discussed further.

This is ment to be a new pvp system, and i see the system as one, where i cover differet aspects of it. Some of these aspects can not stand alone. For example without ranked play, there would be no rating, without rating, no prizes could be rewarded based on that rating and so on, hence why i included these aspects in one post all together. The PVP tab could be seen as something seperate, but it is exactly what will bring these new features to life, so they will not just be left alone and never touched, as they probably would if you would have to play ranked in the upper level of the pokemon centers.

Edited by Kajzor

However, an opponent which is close to your own rating will be prefered by the matchmaking system, unless you have already waited for a long time(lets say 10 minutes) then the matchmaking system should ignore your rating, and find you a match with any other trainer that is currently queued for battle.

i think 10min is too short amount of time for this, but this suggetion is pretty nice, +1

Ranked? Rating? Season? Prizes? Heck yea we need this.

For ranked, I think people should be separated by your rank (Gold, Diamond, Ruby or what ever) so people would be saying, "Hey what your rank?" "Gold what about you?"  "Stuck in bronze ._."

Ranked? Rating? Season? Prizes? Heck yea we need this.

For ranked, I think people should be separated by your rank (Gold, Diamond, Ruby or what ever) so people would be saying, "Hey what your rank?" "Gold what about you?"  "Stuck in bronze ._."

Indeed that could be interesting, and expanding on that there could be prizes based on those tiers.

• 5 months later...

Done on 25/3/16.

Ranked

• Ranked matchmaking now occurs three times per day, at 5:30PM, 10:30PM, and 1:30AM UTC.
  • Ranked matchmaking queues last for 1 hour.
  • On winning, Ranked matchmaking now gives a Battle Point reward and grants MMR. (2500+(250 per 100MMR>500))
  • MMR is compressed every month, drawing every player back to 500 by a relative amount. 
  • Ranked matchmaking has a fee of 1000BP to enter.