[Implemented]Lowering a Pokemon's Level (tournament mode)

And the idea of having an item to lower a pokemon level is as stupid as the idea of having an item to take away EVs!

Oh, wait, there actually are items to lower the EVs! For sure the original pkmn designers were all pooped, since they don't know that the goal of pokemon is to raise your pokemon level and give them as much EVs as possible! [sarcasm]

In the original pokemon game there isn't one since it wouldn't be useful, but in a situation where auto-leveling isn't present, it could have its uses.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say, but you can't compare subtracting levels to subtracting EVs. EVs are in a controlled environment that makes it acceptable to subtract and add. Levels however are not. If you could subtract levels, it would be possible to do stupid shit like have a level 1 evolved Pokemon with a full move set. The whole idea is flawed and broken.

The only way I see a suggestion like this being implemented is if there is a huge cost/requirement to de-level.

Cost ideas:

- 99 Stardust or 50 Star Pieces (Staryu, 50% & 5%)

- 99 Pearls or 50 Big Pearls (Shellder, 50% & 5%)

- 50 Nuggets (Meowth, 5%)

Providing one of the sets (i.e. 99 Stardust) would enable the person to lower their Pokemon's level by 1. Additional de-leveling requires another set.

Limitation: The maximum level a Pokemon can be deleveled to is based on their current evolution (meaning, if the Pokemon evolved at like level 36 or 40 or 55, it cannot be de-leveled further below that point).

Otherwise, I disagree with the whole de-leveling idea. Keep watch over your levels kids, and don't bother trying to incorporate certain Pokemon into duel level categories they don't belong in.

I don't know if you don't read, you don't want to understand, or you don't really understand.

The OP, maybe not in the clearest way, is wishing for A TEMPORARY AUTO LEVEL ONLY IN THE SCOPE OF THAT SINGLE BATTLE (TOURNAMENT) in order to make it possible to people at different points in game to battle in an equal way.

Do you think this is a bad idea?

Writing a permanent deleveling system can be a total pain, since you could have pokemon that need to be save into the database that know moves that shouldn't. This can mine the consistency of the database. Instead, an autoleveling limited to the battle would just subtract the correct stats to the current instance of the pokemon (in memory) and do not modify the database entry. This would be even crash-safe, since it would never be saved to the database

@Elite

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say, but you can't compare subtracting levels to subtracting EVs. EVs are in a controlled environment that makes it acceptable to subtract and add. Levels however are not. If you could subtract levels, it would be possible to do stupid shit like have a level 1 evolved Pokemon with a full move set. The whole idea is flawed and broken.

You're right, but this is different from "the goal of pokamanz is to ave ur pokemanz the much much more more stronger a lot, is stupid to delevel cos u make it weaker!!!1111", since taking EVs away you are making the pkmn weaker, but there are cases where it can be useful, as there can be cases where bringing the level of a pokemon back for a battle can be useful too

I think it would be nice if this would be implemented in any way cause well, from time to time it can happen that you accidently raise a level of a pokemon lets say from 50 to 51...some duels only take place on even levels like 50, 60, 100 etc and it would be sad if you cant use good pokemon just because they are 1 or 2 levels above. So i thikn such a feature would be nice.

yeah. I agree. We should also get to choose whether shiny, what IVs we have, EVs, and Pokemon in the click of a button, because that really makes the game fun and fair. Too bad if you can't control yourself and keep Pokemon at a low level. Also, Dragonite will stay out of lv 50 battles because it is evolved at 55. Same with Tyranitar.

Also, suggest implementable things and not something unreasonable for people bad at Pokemon

I don't know if you don't read, you don't want to understand, or you don't really understand.

The OP, maybe not in the clearest way, is wishing for A TEMPORARY AUTO LEVEL ONLY IN THE SCOPE OF THAT SINGLE BATTLE (TOURNAMENT) in order to make it possible to people at different points in game to battle in an equal way.

people work hard to make their pokemon tournament ready. You're saying that anyone can enter a tournament regardless of their pokemon's level and just get auto leveled to the correct point? I don't think it's fair to those who've done it correctly.

I would like hear the opinion of a mod personally but yeah lowering the lvl of pokemon is not how the game works,your just pissed that you messed up so you want to complain to moma and have her fix it for you!Life is not fair! It has never been fair and never will so.....,if i have offened anyone im sorry but this thread just grinds my gears knowing that someone wants to turn this into a mmo that has nothinig to do with pokemon in any way.

Instead of this, there should be a "lock xp" NPC that will lock/unlock exp gain.

A NPC? An option in the settings panel would be better.

But awyways, it's not necessary. Just be aware of your pokemon and train new ones if you don't want to go beyond certain level.

De-leveling is dumb and something I thought I only heard about when I was a kid on the playground when R/B/Y came out.

Now a system to auto set your levels to 5/50/100 much like used in offical Nintendo tournys would be what we want and shouldn't be hard to implement at all.

its a game were trading is big and a lot of people already traded their shitty pokemon like i did...but well, i dont care anymore since youre close minded anyway...no chacne for me to get anywhere in this forum with all those hardcore players around.

its a game were trading is big and a lot of people already traded their shitty pokemon like i did...but well, i dont care anymore since youre close minded anyway...no chacne for me to get anywhere in this forum with all those hardcore players around.

It doesn't take a hardcore player to have storyline leveled Pokemon. You made mistakes, deal with it. Don't impose changes on others simply because you fucked up.

FFS there's already a thread for this I thought. All this has been discussed and fought over there.

It's already discussed that a system similar to the one Nintendo uses to temporarily cap a Pokemon level for tourneys may be used someday. Never will it be a permenant cap. Never will it be leveling up. And that level cap may not even happen since they have other more important things to worry about.

Why is this thread still open?

• 1 year later...

So many fucking baddies against flat batltes lmao(which imo is what this thread is about, reading comprehension please). I agree with flat battles(set to level 5-50-100) since there is a reason pokemon does it that way, which is that anyone can battle anyone at any time.. Inb4: "but you wouldnt even need to level your pokemon then", oh wait i cant use this level 1 heracross because it doesnt have megahorn(could give examples like this with a lot of pokemon), and even though pokemon x has flat battles, i still had to level my volcarona to level 100 just to be able to use fiery dance, so no, flat battles wont ruin anything.

So many fucking baddies against flat batltes lmao(which imo is what this thread is about, reading comprehension please). I agree with flat battles(set to level 5-50-100) since there is a reason pokemon does it that way, which is that anyone can battle anyone at any time.. Inb4: "but you wouldnt even need to level your pokemon then", oh wait i cant use this level 1 heracross because it doesnt have megahorn(could give examples like this with a lot of pokemon), and even though pokemon x has flat battles, i still had to level my volcarona to level 100 just to be able to use fiery dance, so no, flat battles wont ruin anything.

with pokemmos breeding, heracross can get megahorn at lvl 1 so it will ruin meta

How will it ruin the meta? Just because other people will be able to use their heracross with megahorn? I thought the tournaments were about skill, not who bred more but ok lmao. If you cant defeat someone with your bred heracross vs one that was caught, i got bad news for you.