[Implemented]Lowering a Pokemon's Level (tournament mode)

I think it would be nice if this would be implemented in any way cause well, from time to time it can happen that you accidently raise a level of a pokemon lets say from 50 to 51...some duels only take place on even levels like 50, 60, 100 etc and it would be sad if you cant use good pokemon just because they are 1 or 2 levels above. So i thikn such a feature would be nice.

typed in lowering levels and reducing levels and found nothing so your searchbar isnt't quite helpful unless you try 100 differen twords and scroll all the threads and why would it ruin level hundred duels...I just sugested that if you accidently leveled a pokemon to 51 that you could erase that level and it would be 50 again.

typed in lowering levels and reducing levels and found nothing so your searchbar isnt't quite helpful unless you try 100 differen twords and scroll all the threads and why would it ruin level hundred duels...I just sugested that if you accidently leveled a pokemon to 51 that you could erase that level and it would be 50 again.

Then you don't know how to use the search function.

Also, flat battling is planned afaik. Duplicate.

Accidently lvling your poke to 51 is just so bad. You shouldn't even need to worry about that.

god can't you read or are you just stupid? Each player could decide if he wanted to lower a level of a pokemon of his...it's not like it makes your pokemon stronger but just so you ahve a team with Pokemon on the same level. I for example battle on Level 50 but have 2 Pokemon that i raised to 51 so why would it ruin the game if i lowered the two pokemon by 1 level so that i could use them for pvp in a 50s match

@shadeblack: "auto leveling!?" are you to stupid to read?

god can't you read or are you just stupid? Each player could decide if he wanted to lower a level of a pokemon of his...it's not like it makes your pokemon stronger but just so you ahve a team with Pokemon on the same level. I for example battle on Level 50 but have 2 Pokemon that i raised to 51 so why would it ruin the game if i lowered the two pokemon by 1 level so that i could use them for pvp in a 50s match

fixed that for you.

no im not stupid - I still see this as automatic levelling to suit your needs. What is dumb is that you went over your own level goal.

what you're saying is you want an item opposite to the rare candy - which are also dumb.

Get used to people not liking your ideas because this is the internet and it will happen a lot.

I don't like this idea.

my opinion is that it ruins the point of the game and diminishes progress.

Because the goal in Pokemon is to level up, not down.

JUST PAY ATTENTION.

The Goal in PokeMMO is to battle PvP, pay attention now: A lot of people battle with just 50s, 60s, 70s etc.

If you dont get that why dont you go and play gameboy

...and i still dont see your point...if you want to level them to 100, you are not hindered by that.

The Goal in PokeMMO is to battle PvP, pay attention now: A lot of people battle with just 50s, 60s, 70s etc.

Please stop.

As for this idea, no. They will never implement something that lowers a Pokemon's level, as it goes against one of the prime principles of the game.

I think you missed the part where I mentioned flat battling is planned. Pay attention.

I think what the OP is trying to get across is that level-scaling for duels should be implemented as an option, not the ability to permenantly un-level your Pokémon. I do agree that as an option it would be nice to be able to choose to have a duel at level 50, that way players with Pokémon that are all at max level can be scaled down - for the duration of the duel only - to fight against their newer friends. I think something similar is there in the Stadium or Colosseum games, I don't quite remember.

The idea of level scaling ONLY during some kind of battles is one feature widespread in MMOs (even Guild Wors 2 has it), and i'm sure it is planned, as it allows to players at different progression to battle each others, allowing much more battles availability (maybe a ranking is needed in order not to make a noob battle a pro)

And the idea of having an item to lower a pokemon level is as stupid as the idea of having an item to take away EVs!

Oh, wait, there actually are items to lower the EVs! For sure the original pkmn designers were all pooped, since they don't know that the goal of pokemon is to raise your pokemon level and give them as much EVs as possible! [sarcasm]

In the original pokemon game there isn't one since it wouldn't be useful, but in a situation where auto-leveling isn't present, it could have its uses.

The more i read this forum, the more i think that if all humanity were like you, we would still live in cavern and push things on the ground because "Are you so stupid not to stay into the cave when it rains?", "The cave we have are much more than the necessary!", "We need no wheel, just push a little harder!".

This is a suggestion forum, you should motivate the reasons pro/against the idea, and not say "it will make X far worse!". And if the idea is a good one, the developers will decide if it is to implement or not!