[Implemented]Lowering a Pokemon's Level (tournament mode)

So many fucking baddies against flat batltes lmao(which imo is what this thread is about, reading comprehension please). I agree with flat battles(set to level 5-50-100) since there is a reason pokemon does it that way, which is that anyone can battle anyone at any time.. Inb4: "but you wouldnt even need to level your pokemon then", oh wait i cant use this level 1 heracross because it doesnt have megahorn(could give examples like this with a lot of pokemon), and even though pokemon x has flat battles, i still had to level my volcarona to level 100 just to be able to use fiery dance, so no, flat battles wont ruin anything.

I dont mind you guys having your pokemons at level 100 battling eachother. What most of us oppose are the idea of letting pokemons scale down to 50 and our reasons are many, even though breeding allow most moves to be bred to infants anyway.

We dont want pokemons that evolve later to be allowed in 50s

Ban them you say? Could be done but unless some mechanic prevent this, newbs will still do random battles scaling ttars and dnites down.

we dont want pokemon to know certain skill they wouldnt learn without overlevling either

We dont want and this is perhaps the major thing, casuals with no idea of what competitive play join with their random teams just because they are scaled down to correct level doesnt mean they should be in the tournament at the cost of a competitor that has actual put effort into making his 50 team.

Tldr NO!
If you have a problem making a 50 team, then maybe this isn't for you. Be gone

50s is a completely different meta to 100s. There's no Dragonite, no Tyranitar, and a couple of missing moves that the pre-evolution couldn't have bred onto them (such as moonlight on Umbreon). The thing is... That's one of the reason people like 50s. Tyranitar is so dominant and borderline overpowered in 100s and to not have it in 50s is a good thing to most. Even if it's banned in official tourneys, it wouldn't be banned in regular PvP and would ultimately ruin the experience. For example, rain and sun teams would be forced into disuse due to TTar's instant and everlasting sandstorm. People like 50s not only because it's less work - they like it because there's more variety and less of the same Pokemon. To allow Dragonite, Tyranitar and impossible moves like Moonlight on Umbreon would basically turn it into 100s with lower stats.

Flat battles will be coming anyway I suppose, so I guess we'll just have to enjoy what we have while it lasts. When flat battles are a thing, there will be no reason whatsoever to want to lower a Pokemon's level.

I dont mind you guys having your pokemons at level 100 battling eachother. What most of us oppose are the idea of letting pokemons scale down to 50 and our reasons are many, even though breeding allow most moves to be bred to infants anyway.

We dont want pokemons that evolve later to be allowed in 50s

Ban them you say? Could be done but unless some mechanic prevent this, newbs will still do random battles scaling ttars and dnites down.

we dont want pokemon to know certain skill they wouldnt learn without overlevling either

We dont want and this is perhaps the major thing, casuals with no idea of what competitive play join with their random teams just because they are scaled down to correct level doesnt mean they should be in the tournament at the cost of a competitor that has actual put effort into making his 50 team.

Tldr NO!
If you have a problem making a 50 team, then maybe this isn't for you. Be gone

Dragonite and TTar aren't necessarily ban worthy anyway, so deal with it. (Well, TTar is, but since next update also includes the sand nerf, he won't be blatantly OP anymore)

Ima quit if they implement this shit lol.. Would make the whole point of pokemon a bit far off than what it originally is. 

If flat battles weren't in the original games, you would have had a point. But you don't.

50s is a completely different meta to 100s. There's no Dragonite, no Tyranitar, and a couple of missing moves that the pre-evolution couldn't have bred onto them (such as moonlight on Umbreon). The thing is... That's one of the reason people like 50s. Tyranitar is so dominant and borderline overpowered in 100s and to not have it in 50s is a good thing to most. Even if it's banned in official tourneys, it wouldn't be banned in regular PvP and would ultimately ruin the experience. For example, rain and sun teams would be forced into disuse due to TTar's instant and everlasting sandstorm. People like 50s not only because it's less work - they like it because there's more variety and less of the same Pokemon. To allow Dragonite, Tyranitar and impossible moves like Moonlight on Umbreon would basically turn it into 100s with lower stats.

Flat battles will be coming anyway I suppose, so I guess we'll just have to enjoy what we have while it lasts. When flat battles are a thing, there will be no reason whatsoever to want to lower a Pokemon's level.

First of all, Tyranitar IS overpowered in 100's, hence it's upcoming nerf. It's not "Borderline" anything.

Also, every time someone says "not banned in regular PVP" my blood pressure skyrockets. Wobbuffet is banned and blatantly broken, how many people do you see using it in Viridian? Fucking 0. Also, 50's and 100's are actually quite different mechanically, so to say "100s with lower stats" is inaccurate. Flat 50's is different from 100's in an integral way, as things such as speed tiers change, and you do more damage % wise at lower levels.

Dragonite and TTar aren't necessarily ban worthy anyway, so deal with it. (Well, TTar is, but since next update also includes the sand nerf, he won't be blatantly OP anymore)

If flat battles weren't in the original games, you would have had a point. But you don't.

First of all, Tyranitar IS overpowered in 100's, hence it's upcoming nerf. It's not "Borderline" anything.

Also, every time someone says "not banned in regular PVP" my blood pressure skyrockets. Wobbuffet is banned and blatantly broken, how many people do you see using it in Viridian? Fucking 0. Also, 50's and 100's are actually quite different mechanically, so to say "100s with lower stats" is inaccurate. Flat 50's is different from 100's in an integral way, as things such as speed tiers change, and you do more damage % wise at lower levels.

Dont try man, this guys have never fucking played a real pokemon game competitively. I havent played this game in so much time and even i knew ttar would get a nerf and @lol at dragonite being op, or that it will centralize anything, Dragonite went to play in the snow and it never came back, thats all you need to know(applies 100000 times more in pokemmo since no multiscale). 
Protip:Ice beam will do

Whats so bad about moonlight umbreon? QQ about softboiled blissey or anything that can recover.

This sounds like a good idea besides the Dragonite reason. If you evolve a Dragonair at 55 and try to bring the Dragonite back down to 50, it should immediately devolve back into Dragonair. The part that it would be good for is like EV training in that level 45-50 range.

Why is people so afraid of dragonite anyways?(if i may ask) Without multiscale, doesnt it get 1 shotted with any ice beam?

"hey guys salamence sucks srs, one shot by ice beam, lol such shit"

"hey guys snorlax/blissey sucks srs, one shot by any fighting move, lol such shit"

"hey guys skarmory sucks srs, one shot by any special move, lol such shit"

[spoiler]Unless your team consists entirely of ice beam users, that is.[spoiler]In which case, have fun losing[/spoiler][/spoiler]

"hey guys salamence sucks srs, one shot by ice beam, lol such shit"

"hey guys snorlax/blissey sucks srs, one shot by any fighting move, lol such shit"

"hey guys skarmory sucks srs, one shot by any special move, lol such shit"

[spoiler]Unless your team consists entirely of ice beam users, that is.[spoiler]In which case, have fun losing[/spoiler][/spoiler]

If you are implying the only counter salamence/dragonite have is ice beam(which is just the best, since its a secure 1 hit ko) then i dunno what to tell you. And who said they suck? not op=/= suck. Does starmie suck? Does any other OU pokemon suck? No, they just arent op. 

I can say the same shit about starmie, if you lost your sp def wall/pokemon that outspeed starmie(same thing if someone lost their poke carrying ice beam) you'll get swept most likely by starmie/sunny day exeggutor/good sp sweepers.

Edit: and if on a team of 6 pokemon, you dont even carry 1 ice move, you deserve that loss lmao. I'd hope any decent competitive player would try to get coverage for as many types as he can on a team of 6

If you are implying the only counter salamence/dragonite have is ice beam(which is just the best, since its a secure 1 hit ko) then i dunno what to tell you. And who said they suck? not op=/= suck. Does starmie suck? Does any other OU pokemon suck? No, they just arent op. 

I can say the same shit about starmie, if you lost your sp def wall/pokemon that outspeed starmie(same thing if someone lost their poke carrying ice beam) you'll get swept most likely by starmie/sunny day exeggutor/good sp sweepers.

Edit: and if on a team of 6 pokemon, you dont even carry 1 ice move, you deserve that loss lmao. I'd hope any decent competitive player would try to get coverage for as many types as he can on a team of 6

I was mocking you because your logic makes 0 sense, and you clearly don't understand what makes something "OP" or not. Tyranitar has a massive 4x fighting weakness, but as it is now, it's obviously OP and fucking everyone knows it. I was absolutely not implying any of those things, I'm not even sure you read my post.

I was mocking you because your logic makes 0 sense, and you clearly don't understand what makes something "OP" or not. Tyranitar has a massive 4x fighting weakness, but as it is now, it's obviously OP and fucking everyone knows it. I was absolutely not implying any of those things, I'm not even sure you read my post.

You implied that not having a team of 6 ice beam users=loss vs dragonite(inb4 "i didnt", check your spoiler). I assume you say that because you may lose the counter to dragonite on the fight, guess what? every fucking sweeper works that way. Kill marowak's counter(be it something that walls it/outspeeds it? gg you prolly won, kill starmie's counter? same as above. Thats what sweepers do. Did i say anything about ttar? i said i knew he was getting nerfed and that he'd be ok after it lol. Something its OP when it has barely any counter or forces someone to carry the same pokemon just to counter em(same pokemon=/= ice type move).