[Denied]Poke Radar Implementation

Wasn't the only real point of the Pokeradar to fight long ass chain battles and farm shinies? I remember it raised your rate of encountering a Shiny by a certain amount every time you increase the chain count. I think I'd rather keep shinies rare, keeps the trade value high. I don't relly even want any, but if I ever stumble across one, I'd like to be able to sell it for a pretty penny.

I think I'd rather keep shinies rare\

The amount of people that would really use this would be relatively low. Also,(and I don't really know, I'm just assuming), you can't reset the game every time your chain breaks. Even though this would help in catching shinies, it would still be just as time consuming.

Your odds at a chain of 40 are 1/200.

Chances of enough people actually knowing how to chain: 1/200000000000000000000. Only a few gems on the server would actually be able to chain to 40 reliably, but 1/200 is still kinda high rate for me, and I'm in favor of the radar.

People might not know right now how to use the Pokeradar to farm shinies but I guess the word would spread very quickly. Even without increasing the odds of shiny the Pokeradar gives you 3-4 choices of Pokemon each time you use it and the grass will sparkle if it's a shiny, allowing you to check for shinies 4 pokemon at a time instead of 1. I say just remove the shiny bonus, otherwise they won't be rare at all.

I never farmed shinies this way but I remember using the Pokeradar to catch a ton of Dittos (since Dittos are pretty rare, getting one every time greatly speeded up the process) so the items has other uses (for EV training too)

• 1 year later...

I guess a chain wont break when u go to a grass patch with a 100% Encounter rate... (Tangela patch for example) . Of course the idea is great, but experienced players can take full advantage of it (i dont mind tho :P) .

well... adding some pokemon there wont hurt anyone xD

well... the grass patches in fire red were not designed for the pokeradar (whereas in diamond and pearl they were).

Not to mention I find it extremely easy to catch shinies with this device. So I alone (just for example) could farm a ton of shiny ponytas and completely ruin their value.

Saying that only a couple of people would actually know how to use it, is irrelevant, since it can only take one to crash a market.

edit: just so you understand when I say that "i find it easy..." I have caught a shiny eevee for every eeveelution, as well as all of the pokeradar exclusive pokemon (it really didn't take long at all, less than a month).

well... the grass patches in fire red were not designed for the pokeradar (whereas in diamond and pearl they were).

Not to mention I find it extremely easy to catch shinies with this device. So I alone (just for example) could farm a ton of shiny ponytas and completely ruin their value.

Saying that only a couple of people would actually know how to use it, is irrelevant, since it can only take one to crash a market.

edit: just so you understand when I say that "i find it easy..." I have caught a shiny eevee for every eeveelution, as well as all of the pokeradar exclusive pokemon (it really didn't take long at all, less than a month).

in the normal games which is gen 4, the shiny enc on radar was 5 which was already a pain in the ass... increasing it to 10 or 15 in pokemmo will most likely won't affect values that much
considering the changes (route 1 night time for example) adding new pokemons to places where you can easily exploit this (tangela patch etc. etc.) also considering the implementation of the new region where will we be introduced to new pokemon aswell, not to mention that it will increase the shiny market aswell, making still hard to get but less painful than shiny hunting for days. u gotta admit, the current shiny rate is a little discouraging and this might solve it

in the normal games which is gen 4, the shiny enc on radar was 5 which was already a pain in the ass... increasing it to 10 or 15 in pokemmo will most likely won't affect values that much
considering the changes (route 1 night time for example) adding new pokemons to places where you can easily exploit this (tangela patch etc. etc.) also considering the implementation of the new region where will we be introduced to new pokemon aswell, not to mention that it will increase the shiny market aswell, making still hard to get but less painful than shiny hunting for days. u gotta admit, the current shiny rate is a little discouraging and this might solve it

Shinies are the ultimate display of luck (or in some cases competitive genius). Just because everyone wants a shiny doesn't mean everyone should have a shiny (mods love to say this). I don't have an OT shiny, but I just figure that if I keep playing the game I will eventually encounter one.

The funny thing is, is that in my cartridge games, I have four separate boxes for shinys. One for those that I encountered out of pure luck. The second for those that I used the masuda method for, or got from an event. The third for pokeradar shinies. And the last for cheated shinies. (these are all ranked in order of how attached I am to them).

Trust me, if shinies become easy to catch, then it will become:

Player1: "Hey look at my awesome shiny Ponyta!"

Player2: "Hue hue hue, who cares? I mean who doesn't have one?"

Player1: "oh really, are they that common in this game?"

Player2: "yeah. I could go catch one in about an hour if I wanted to. It's not a big deal"

Player1: "Well this sucks..."

Player2: "Yep."

I don't want the game to become like this. I will wait for my 1/8192 chance to pay off. Thank you very much.

Shinies are the ultimate display of luck (or in some cases competitive genius). Just because everyone wants a shiny doesn't mean everyone should have a shiny (mods love to say this). I don't have an OT shiny, but I just figure that if I keep playing the game I will eventually encounter one.

The funny thing is, is that in my cartridge games, I have four separate boxes for shinys. One for those that I encountered out of pure luck. The second for those that I used the masuda method for, or got from an event. The third for pokeradar shinies. And the last for cheated shinies. (these are all ranked in order of how attached I am to them).

Trust me, if shinies become easy to catch, then it will become:

Player1: "Hey look at my awesome shiny Ponyta!"

Player2: "Hue hue hue, who cares? I mean who doesn't have one?"

Player1: "oh really, are they that common in this game?"

Player2: "yeah. I could go catch one in about an hour if I wanted to. It's not a big deal"

Player1: "Well this sucks..."

Player2: "Yep."

I don't want the game to become like this. I will wait for my 1/8192 chance to pay off. Thank you very much.

Meanwhile in current PokeMMO : 
Player 1: Oh look, its a shiny pokemon... how did you get it?
Player 2: You need to be lucky to find one it has 1/8192 rate of appearence
Player 1: Really? thanks a lot i'll try to find one aswell
*several weeks/months later*
Player 1: Damnit all, why is it so hard to find a shiny, damn this enc rate i hate this game, i'm quitting.
Player 2: There goes another one.

i understand why you don't want a game like that, but encouraging new or old players to play it even more is better than losing some over time :)

Player 1: Damnit all, why is it so hard to find a shiny, damn this enc rate i hate this game, i'm quitting.

i understand why you don't want a game like that, but encouraging new or old players to play it even more is better than losing some over time :)

Shinies aren't everything in pokemmo, I don't believe anyone has left because they have not found a shiny. If they have that is just an excuse for boredom.

But the shiny encounter rate is the same as all the other games >.>

We shouldn't have to make it better.

If you want to play this game just for the shinies (which Player 1, who quit over not being able to find a shiny, obviously did) you might as well just go get an easy shiny in the cartridge games...

I expressed this in the "make breeding easier thread": This is an mmo. Things may not be given to everyone; some will be lucky and some won't. That's the truth of an mmo. If everyone gets everything then nothing is special anymore and then nobody gets to feel like they are above anyone else, and then the game just falls apart (I honestly think people play mmo's so that they can rise to the top and then brag, in some way shape or form, that they are better than others. Otherwise, why play an mmo at all?). However, if you actually put in time investment into the game, then you will find yourself rising to the top.

If everyone is super, then no one is.

Edit: yes, some do play mmo's for the social aspect of gaming, but I feel like the underlying theme of why people play mmo's in the first place is to somehow make themselves feel like they are better than others. I may be wrong, but that is what I have observed and it is my opinion.

But the shiny encounter rate is the same as all the other games >.>

We shouldn't have to make it better.

If you want to play this game just for the shinies (which Player 1, who quit over not being able to find a shiny, obviously did) you might as well just go get an easy shiny in the cartridge games...

I expressed this in the "make breeding easier thread": This is an mmo. Things may not be given to everyone; some will be lucky and some won't. That's the truth of an mmo. If everyone gets everything then nothing is special anymore and then nobody gets to feel like they are above anyone else, and then the game just falls apart (I honestly think people play mmo's so that they can rise to the top and then brag, in some way shape or form, that they are better than others. Otherwise, why play an mmo at all?). However, if you actually put in time investment into the game, then you will find yourself rising to the top.

If everyone is super, then no one is.

Edit: yes, some do play mmo's for the social aspect of gaming, but I feel like the underlying theme of why people play mmo's in the first place is to somehow make themselves feel like they are better than others. I may be wrong, but that is what I have observed and it is my opinion.

interesting thoughts... however, the current shiny encounter method is highly exploitable for botting and pretty much the only aspect of the game. (happieness too but srsly)The radar will most likely reduce the usage of botting since it wont be that hard to encounter a shiny, not to mention the current state of the shiny market which got damaged dearly with previous bans... i still think the pokeradar is something that needs to be looked at and ofc since this is an MMO the chain rate needs to be higher than the original, it can even be a vanity item.

interesting thoughts... however, the current shiny encounter method is highly exploitable for botting and pretty much the only aspect of the game. (happieness too but srsly)The radar will most likely reduce the usage of botting since it wont be that hard to encounter a shiny, not to mention the current state of the shiny market which got damaged dearly with previous bans... i still think the pokeradar is something that needs to be looked at and ofc since this is an MMO the chain rate needs to be higher than the original, it can even be a vanity item.

if it becomes a vanity item, then the game would become pay to win. Which no one likes.