Porygon encounters in Powerplant at very low rates

Matoka

Question

Very few Pokemon in the game now are only available through one method, the only pokemon like this would be Fossil pokemon and Porygon.

While Porygon is obviously able to be obtained through the Game Corner, if you could implement Porygon somewhere, the most logical place seems to be power plant at rates similar if not less to that of Beldum in Meteor falls as an alternative method that is more luck based and time consuming rather than purchasing / earning the coins for it.

Pros;

An alternative to Game Corner that takes time and luck as opposed to cash (Or self-induced comatose gambling states)

Every non "Extinct" Pokemon can be encountered. I understand that Porygon is artificial but SOME of them should have escaped.

Cons;

Game corner is no longer a necessity but instead an option, Potentially a con due to loss of a required money sink to obtain Porygon.

Edited by Matoka

11 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I personally like its unique method of being obtained.

I feel this is unecessary and takes away from it's uniqueness.

On a side note,, could you possibly make it say in its Pokedex entry that it can be located at "Game Corner Prize" or something? I forgot to mention that in the original post but it would be nice for clarity too.

Originality is nice, but at the same time it feels a little out of place. it's definitely unnecessary though but I feel it might be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I personally like Porygon's unique method of being obtained.

I feel this is unecessary and takes away from it's uniqueness.

Why does it really have to be unique? It's no where near a legendary and isn't even comparable to a pseudo legendary like metagross or salamence. Although I don't really notice people really complaining that much about porygon being too rare, so I guess whether this happens or not doesn't really matter to the majority of the community. 

Just now, Matoka said:

Originality is nice, but at the same time it feels a little out of place.

I don't mean to come across as rude, but I'm unsure how you can see this when it's the way it's always been obtained.

In regards to the 'dex - possibly, there are few things in there that need a little more clarity.

6 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I don't mean to come across as rude, but I'm unsure how you can see this when it's the way it's always been obtained.

In regards to the 'dex - possibly, there are few things in there that need a little more clarity.

Oh, I just meant that Originality and not fitting in are two sides of the same coin in a sense.
Obviously there are more reasons for the wild encounters of Jynx, Farfetched, Starters etc because they were non-renewable but this meant that every pokemon other than porygon that wasn't extinct was encounterable, and while I understand why it still feels a little odd to me, it's probably irrational on my part.

I can't really explain it other than I think it would be super neato if we were given hunting for it in powerplant as an alternative option. Something to me is more satisfying about hunting and catching rather than buying pokemon.

Edited by Matoka

Obviously there are more reasons for the wild encounters of Jynx, Farfetched, Starters etc because they were non-renewable

They actually have canonical spawns in the games, notably Japanese Blue, Yellow and G/S/C

2 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

They actually have canonical spawns in the games, notably Japanese Blue, Yellow and G/S/C

I didn't know that, the more you know, although I feel you still would have added them to the game anyway due to non-renewability.

3 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I didn't know that, the more you know, although I feel you still would have added them to the game anyway due to non-renewability.

That was the intention, although the Game Corner is also a renewable source.

4 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

That was the intention, although the Game Corner is also a renewable source.

I understand that, I have expressed that I understand that this is not a "needed" change, however, I think it would be nice if you had an alternative option, People who don't want to spend cash on GC coins and instead want to spend time hunting etc would enjoy this change I feel.

Either way I feel it is incredibly minor if it is or isn't changed, but being able to catch something in the wild feels more satisfying than simply spending cash. makes the world feel more alive IMO having that option.

Edited by Matoka

this feels wrong, but i agree with darkshade. porygons always been obtained this way and it's unique. you can grind a few then breed them with dittos if you want a good one. yea it's a higher difficulty then most breeding projects but it is way easier then when i did it when their was no breeding and you had to grind them from the gc without being able to breed them or buy all 9999 coins. now you can just buy one and a ton of dittos and braces and dont even have to play the slots.