NBA 16-17

My Lakers picked up the future in Ingram. Loved him at Duke in the tournament. Guy showed some real fire. Here's to hoping he can put on a bit of weight and mean like Durant did when he entered the league.

Also, HYPE for NYC. Looks like OKC is grabbing a "lot" of pieces right now. Is this a sign that Durant is actually going? If so, NYC looks like his most promising destination. Rose + Melo + Durant would have some real fire with Porzyngas bouncing around on the break. 

8 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

My Lakers picked up the future in Ingram. Loved him at Duke in the tournament. Guy showed some real fire. Here's to hoping he can put on a bit of weight and mean like Durant did when he entered the league.

Also, HYPE for NYC. Looks like OKC is grabbing a "lot" of pieces right now. Is this a sign that Durant is actually going? If so, NYC looks like his most promising destination. Rose + Melo + Durant would have some real fire with Porzyngas bouncing around on the break. 

I heard durant was considering the warriors tho, wouldn't like seeing him there. 

How could Durant even think about leaving a team that was 1 win away from beating the Warriors to go play with the Warriors? That's a uguu move. He'd be like 3rd/4th in the rotation for the ball cuz you know Curry/Klay/Green are still gonna wanna get theirs

I actually like the OKC trade for the Thunder, Ibaka has basically turned into a 6'10 2 guard. Basically the Love of the Thunder, sitting outside the arc waiting for Durant and Westbrook to drive and give him an open 3.

Ilyasova is the exact same thing offensively, though no where near the shot blocker Ibaka was/is. Oladipo is the BEST SG Westbrook and Durant have had since Harden left, and it's not even close. And finally Domantas Sabonis is a really nice young player that just adds to the depth this team already has

Starters: Durant, Westbrook, Oladipo, Adams, Kanter

Bench: Roberson, Payne, Waiters, Sabonis, Veteren big that wants a ring?

I really don't see a better situation 

OKC straight robbed the magic, lose lose trade though =(, but maybe this trade means they're planning on letting Durant walk?
the knicks took a step back with this Rose trade. they struggle so much via bench and they gave up the little they had for Rose to replace a top tier offensive point guard 

11 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

i kinda hate to say this because there will never be another kobe plain and simple, just like there will never be another jordan, but with kobe gone they're in a much better place. after all those leg injuries it's a shame to say but he was hurting them more than he was helping

1 hour ago, RedHairedShanks said:

If I had to buy stock in an NBA team right now it'd be Minnesota 

Dunn falling to them at 5 to go along with Lavine, Wiggins, Towns, Dieng, Shabazz with Thibs coaching?

I just want to watch highlights of them on the fast break and nothing else

Tims have benefited more from the draft than the US army

God damn, Ingram already pulling at my heartstrings.

"Yo, what are you going to do now that you've been drafted number two by the LA Lakers?"

"Oh man, I'm gonna get to fishin."

"Like out on a lake in a boat?!"

"Ya man, me and my grandma used to fish all the time and that's just something I wanna do."

Reps. 

On 2016-06-25 at 11:59 AM, DoubleJ said:

God damn, Ingram already pulling at my heartstrings.

"Yo, what are you going to do now that you've been drafted number two by the LA Lakers?"

"Oh man, I'm gonna get to fishin."

"Like out on a lake in a boat?!"

"Ya man, me and my grandma used to fish all the time and that's just something I wanna do."

Reps. 

i guess it's because their nba season ends early, so might aswell start fishing now

already stated he's not leaving (or at least, has no plans to)

he'll sign another 2 year, player option after 1 year deal, (just like last year) so he can make the most money possible before he signs long term in 2017 when the cap hits 100+ mill and he can make 30+ mill a year

on second thought tho, he may continue to sign 1 year deals until he retires so he can have the leverage every year going forward over his whipping boy Dan Gilbert

biggest question mark for me might be Dwight Howard

he left 23 million opting out of his deal with Houston?!

even with literally every team having stacks to spend i haven't seen any articles on teams being interested whatsoever

4 hours ago, RedHairedShanks said:

Reveal hidden contents

he'll sign another 2 year, player option after 1 year deal, (just like last year) so he can make the most money possible before he signs long term in 2017 when the cap hits 100+ mill and he can make 30+ mill a year

on second thought tho, he may continue to sign 1 year deals until he retires so he can have the leverage every year going forward over his whipping boy Dan Gilbert

even with literally every team having stacks to spend i haven't seen any articles on teams being interested whatsoever

I read lebron opted out of his contract to become a free agent too. 

8 hours ago, RedHairedShanks said:

Reveal hidden contents

there were knicks rumors early on, not sure if they're still around though. to be honest havent paid one bit of attention to free agency this past week

4 hours ago, BlackJovi said:

I read lebron opted out of his contract to become a free agent too. 

yeah I know, but he did the same thing last year. it's just a formality so he can resign with Cleveland for more money

i'd like to see J. Noah go New York, his passing ability would allow him to work in the triangle offense that Phil desperately wants to run