Different ways to earn some pokeyen

Tynezz

Question

Right now pokeyen is obtained in the following way:

Grinding.

And I will tell you right now, grinding is NO fun whatsoever. And so, I suggest that there should be other methods of earning poke yen.

Examples

1. Daily logins
  2. Every x hours you earn y money
  3. Make the Elite 4 give money
  4. Maybe pokeballs that are randomly spawned in the world that has some money in them?

If there is more ways to earn pokeyen then it would solve the issue about shiny rates.

Edited by RacheLucario
Don't encourage low-content posts. If someone supports the idea, they should "like" the thread.

14 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Tynezz said:

Every x hours you earn y money

Earn money by doing what exactly? Just being online? That would mean AFKing in verm is all you need to do to earn cash.  Just log on and stand in place, only moving every few minutes to prevent a disconnect.

5 hours ago, Tynezz said:

Daily logins

Easy to exploit with alts.

iirc the E4 gave money before but was removed... (Not 100% sure, some1 pls confirm)

Edited by notmudkip0
1 hour ago, notmudkip0 said:

Earn money by doing what exactly? Just being online? That would mean AFKing in verm is all you need to do to earn cash.  Just log on and stand in place, only moving every few minutes to prevent a disconnect.

iirc the E4 gave money before but was removed... (Not 100% sure, some1 pls confirm)

Yeah I can see the x/y thing being exploitable but the daily money could be based of account and maybe even the IP.

On 7/9/2016 at 2:21 PM, Tynezz said:

Grinding.

There are plenty of ways to make pokeyen at high rates. With the GTL you can now stand stationary at a PC all day if you want to and buy low/sell at market value. You also mentioned the e4 paying. I'm assuming, and I may be wrong, that you're not aware of island runs, though you may be aware of the vs seeker. If you grab your vs seeker and head to islands 6 and 7 and rematch all the NPCs those two islands have to offer, you will most-likely be surprised at the amount of cash you'll make in a short amount of time with the right strategy, as using an amulet coin in combination with pay day equates to 3500-5000 pokeyen per battle, probably more than you're expecting from each e4 battle, and there are a lot more than 5 npcs total. You can also get into matchmaking / comps, which pay out BP, which can be exchanged for special items, which can be sold on the GTL for decent amounts of pokeyen. Get creative. You can farm berries. Try some of these methods out.

On 09/07/2016 at 2:21 PM, Tynezz said:

Grinding.

And I will tell you right now, grinding is NO fun whatsoever. And so, I suggest that there should be other methods of earning poke yen.

Examples

1. Daily logins
  2. Every x hours you earn y money
  3. Make the Elite 4 give money
  4. Maybe pokeballs that are randomly spawned in the world that has some money in them?

How about this example?

On 10/07/2016 at 1:50 AM, notmudkip0 said:

Island run is easy to exploit with alts and it's implemented as well.So i think this is the same but no need to grind.Maybe giving the same value as island run or more would be nice

47 minutes ago, Kouteshi said:

Island run is easy to exploit with alts and it's implemented as well.So i think this is the same but no need to grind.Maybe giving the same value as island run or more would be nice

Unlike daily logins though, island runs take time to do. What OP suggests is just log on and get money.

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

How about this example?

Way to force in your own idea

On 7/9/2016 at 8:59 PM, Tynezz said:

Yeah I can see the x/y thing being exploitable but the daily money could be based of account and maybe even the IP.

I believe people use a different account for alts, meaning that the "based off account" has a clear loophole. Basing it off IP means that if two or more people sharing an IP cannot all get their daily bonus.

On 09/07/2016 at 9:21 PM, Tynezz said:

Daily logins

Berry Farming

Every x hours you earn y money

Isle Run

Make the Elite 4 give money

Didn't you just complained about grinding ?

Maybe pokeballs that are randomly spawned in the world that has some money in them?

ok, thats getting totally wtf.

The elite 4 used to give money but it was indeed removed for a variety of reasons. I do not know if it will come back.

As for daily login rewards, that has been suggested and denied over and over. The overarching reason is that we will not reward players for simply logging in as it does not encourage active gameplay.

Earning money for x hours is also not a good way either as it promotes afking rather than active gameplay.

Reward systems have been suggested but the overarching issue that needs to be solved is to make the system encourage active gameplay. Rewarding players for doing nothing does not accomplish this and making the hours reward based on activity means that players will be mindlessly mashing buttons to stay active for their bonus. The reward system needs to be something that encourages players to actively play and not mindlessly mash buttons to get their reward.

IMO make the E4 to throw some cash is a good idea since we already have a cooldown on them

Is another place to get sum moneis and b4 anyone says is exploitable through alts its just the same as islands run

48 minutes ago, SirYurop said:

IMO make the E4 to throw some cash is a good idea since we already have a cooldown on them

Is another place to get sum moneis and b4 anyone says is exploitable through alts its just the same as islands run

I think it's ok, but, must not be a big amount of cash

30K for run is balanced imo

But we still need better ways

For exaple Bill can ask for X pokemon w Y nature for him collection and reward us w $$$ for our time. This has the daily reward  system and cannot be exploited by alts at all since still needs some work, aint like log in and its done.

10 hours ago, Spxter said:

If there would be better ways to get money, then the Shinys would be much more expensive, or not? 

Everything would be more expensive lol, unless the money method had high requirements which only a few could meet. Which is unlikely in pokemmo.