[OU Discussion] Snorlax [Test banned]

Boring poké with Lumberjack´s tactic !

Like Charizard, you don´t know the moveset, scout take several damages and it´s the problem. This heavy bear can learn too much moves ... Hard to counter decently.

-> Double-edge + CB, RIP switch

-> Body Slam + HaxPara, RIP switch

-> Fire Blast, RIP Steels

-> Curse, RIP Superpower

-> WW, Damage Spikes x10

-> Sub, GG No Re

A ban will open OU

Snorlax: The Tier Council has come up with an idea for a Snorlax test, this idea will be further developed the coming days and on Monday the details will be announced to the public.

Is it Tuesday now?

Yes, it looks like it is.

Well................... waiting on this fix, suspense hype.

1 hour ago, Aspiration said:

A ban will open OU

Yes yes it will.

I'm excited and ready for this.

Bye bye snorlax.

@gbwead

Thanks for taking the time to respond, in an intelligent way....  I am of the opinion that any argument revolving around "centralization" or "unhealthiness" is simply a straw man, a desperate attempt to ban snorlax for some other unstated purpose. I understand that you enjoy shaming kids with what would traditionally be considered "nonviable gimmicks" so for that I respect you.  At the same time, simply wanting to ban something to favor your style of game play really isn't a legitimate reason IMO.

@OrangeManiac

I get what your saying about "centralization" being non-binary... at the same time I would argue that you need to look at what would happen after the ban.  If you really think removing snorlax from the meta would make it more balanced... I'm not sure what to tell you, I guess we simply never will see eye to eye on this.  As far bodyslam spam being a "good strategy"... by all means, feel free to use that against me, I will gladly take the increased odds of winning the match. 

You also asked me about what I meant by the term "newb"  I have been using it as a euphemism...

If you have less than 24 comps... your a newb

^Thats not how I have been using the term in this thread though...  I have been using it as a euphemism for "kids who are trash at this game, and probably all-ways will be"

I mean, lets face it... if snorlax limits your team building too much... your probably really bad at this game and never will get good.

If snorlax is bannable because it has bodyslam... your probably really bad at this game and will never get good.

I could go on, but whats the point?

Regarding my statement about how under no circumstance does snorlax deserve a ban, I stand by that.  There are two scenarios though which I can see snorlax being banned for.

A: Incompetent Tier council - If enough of the tier council is simply incompetent a snorlax ban could go through.  I'm not going to keep hammering on it though, you know what it means to be incompetent.

B: Special interest - I would define special interest to be any interest that is aside from sincerely wanting to do the right thing for the meta.  If individuals on the TC have boring lives and nothing better to do than shake up the meta to force a bunch more of grindmmo on the community... well... thats special interest.  I mean, if I had nothing better to do than play pokemmo with my life... then the concept of a test ban would be really exciting!  I can grind more comps, use a bunch of nonviable stuff... shake the economy up a bit... you know... put a bit more of meaning into their lives...  I mean lets face it... there are kids on this game that waste their life shiny hunting... its not that far of a stretch to believe there are individuals here who want the meta to be constantly shaken up to force more grind so they can grind dozens and dozens of comps... remember.... "shiney hunting" is actually a thing in this community, which speaks volumes about the general player base and the kind of kids that play this game.

17 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

^Thats not how I have been using the term in this thread though...  I have been using it as a euphemism for "kids who are trash at this game, and probably all-ways will be"

I mean, lets face it... if snorlax limits your team building too much... your probably really bad at this game and never will get good.

If snorlax is bannable because it has bodyslam... your probably really bad at this game and will never get good.

Up to this point, everyone knows you are a truly remarkable godskilled player. Now go kick some asses and win some officials plz.

shouldnt be hard for someone like u

2 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

It's amazing how Snorlax's mere presence alone makes players shit talk each other

dunno, but i think murcie already had a god complex before lax was reintroduced.

Spoiler

on a serious note tho. i remember you making that fuss in the team thread before leaving rise, about how good you were and how you´re ready to comp, but rise was holding you back. may i ask where the results of this extraordinary skill of yours are?

oh, it is based on your #83 on the ladder? has to be, cause i dont ever see you entering any officials somehow, but guess you´re just graceful to let other people have those juicy shinies and prestige, because it would be way too easy for you - what a nice guy you are.

and shittalking someone who actually has the balls to play psl, while you´re just a fkn coward talking big and accomplishing nothing...probs

First off "Dr.Butler" that is Mr.MurcielagoSV to you.  Second, for the love of god don't talk about having balls and its relation to pokemon.  Knocking someones head clean off their shoulder in one punch, takes balls.  Sleeping with hot women, takes balls.  Playing pokemon, has nothing to do with having balls.

@Murcielago

So what does a snorlax ban open the doors to that is broken?

Just hoping you can follow up that previous claim you made.

Also, what non viable gimmicks do I want to use in OU?

Edited by Hotarubi
Don't say chansey thats already there.
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Murcielago said:

First off "Dr.Butler" that is Mr.MurcielagoSV to you.  Second, for the love of god don't talk about having balls and its relation to pokemon.  Knocking someones head clean off their shoulder in one punch, takes balls.  Sleeping with hot women, takes balls.  Playing pokemon, has nothing to do with having balls.

exposing oneself to any kind of failure is having balls. why arent you playing and winning officials if it doesnt take balls to face the challenge and possible failure while ppl are watching? cause itd be boring, or maybe because you know you couldnt back that arrogant 13yo wannabe playboy trashtalk up? what did you breed all those comps for? to not even play 70 rankeds in several months and stop at #83, cause ur awesome?

ah gotcha, ur that "well i could if i wanted" kinda person. i guess knocking peoples heads off is very brave...

anyway not gonna respond to your bullshit anymore, have a nice life, Ms.Murcielago.

lol butler, I like you.  To answer your question i have played in the officials with actual prizes (community combat is a waste of time) but I got first rounded by some kid because I gave him way to much credit.  Also got second rounded like a newb because I underestimated an opponent. 

6 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

lol butler, I like you.  To answer your question i have played in the officials with actual prizes (community combat is a waste of time) but I got first rounded by some kid because I gave him way to much credit.  Also got second rounded like a newb because I underestimated an opponent. 

God tier player at its finest.