Forgotten games & new ones

ragstal

Well i didn't found any similar thread so i decided to make one, below is a list of my fav games and most of em are old so im wondering what games u guys were passing ur time with and which are ur favourites, gud i hope i wont see non-stop FPS games like counter (ok ok we all played a counter a lil bit), b-but what about adventure type like games and adventure, share ur memories below, as for me it goes like this.

Notice:<--- notice this...not the spoiler below lol (HAHAHA....ha ah -,-) You'll see this thread is unlike any other bcuz i include detailed info's about each game and plenty multimedia to feast up ur eyes n ears so enjoy.

Spoiler

NOTICE for the devs GM's etc and whoever have the authority to kick ban spang me or anything else i am not aware of:This thread purpose does not intend to promote any game or advertize, its just about sharing thought in community and have a conversation, just mentioning this so i dont get anoyone angry ;) if i do violate any rule with this innocent thread plz pm me to edit the title and delete it right after wards. Without further delay plz enjoy the reading and lets share some memories n opinions. And thank you if u have read this beforehand ^.^

Ok since i asked a couple mods, devs, masters etc they pointed me this section for my thread, bcuz i will include in future vids and many many more pictures and artstyle as well so i will make a new start of explaining the purpose of this thread...I posted a few old and new favourites titles of games below most of em are PS1 n 2 but i also refer to a couple of them bcuz i think most new players didn't even knew the existence of these games, so i wanted to make a topic to discuss and share with many of u either the memories of all those enjoyable games that i enjoyed too (when i was young and freash) from those times or meet em for the 1st time and maybe even try em a bit and come back here and tell us about ur opinion about em <(^_^<). 

So without further due here i begin the journey of reviewing my dark past with a glimpse light within it ^.^

Edited by ragstal

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Jade Cocoon:read

Spoiler

52312-Jade_Cocoon_-_Die_Tamamayu_Legende_(G)-1.jpg

One of the best and more most fond memories of mine was this one, a game were its like exactly like pokemon were u catch different types of monsters and u even fuse them to match the genes stats (daddy-mommy system like breeding here but more complex).Anyway i believe this game was stick into my head bcuz of its glorious story-line and amazing fairy like environment and lets not forget but not least, the fabulous melodic music that makes u feel like traveling lost through somekind old time and experiencing ancient magical places bcuz.....well i think words cant describe it well enough so why don't u check it for urself in the spoilers and dive into the ocean of imagination and digital dream and i hope then u'll feel what i felt 11 years ago when i was still young and innocent and easily draw from the colours and sounds of a good nostalgic game :).

jcopening1.jpg

Multimedia:

Spoiler

Trailer:

Some gameplay:

Spoiler

OST Playlist: i recommend hearing the 2nd one ^.^ its just like being in a fairytale.

Spoiler

TOMB raider I-V [read]

Spoiler

I played all tomb raiders in Playstation 1 console and i have to say that i enjoyed this game a lot.

For those times this game was 10/10 for me not only in terms of time played and i assure you that i played it for hours upon hours, all i can say is that Lara croft will keep you pretty busy.

Its a game about adventure and science fiction (or atleast it was until the No5 and so on starting to come out) with plenty riddles and obstacles to go through the entire time, but the most interesting part was that...it was not only a game were it was only promoted to be played by young ages but a game for grow up ppl to play as well.

In my case for example if it was not for my mother's assistant to help me solve these riddles when i was like ~10 years old...i would never be able to beat this game till the end..."yea it was that hard", anyways as for tomb raider 1-5 you could see Lara croft taking on different cases to solve and stories were you either fighting obsessed groups of somekind religious belief, dragons that reincarnate through humans and even dinosaurs...yea i know what u might think...KEWL.

But this was the case until a bunch of later versions came in and the story started to ending up in a more boring and repeating scenario without all the fiction stuff -.-...yea i know sux, that what we the fans all said when we grab into our hands and have a sneak peak into the 1st few stages of those newly versions of the game...well a sad story if u ask me, was a great disappointment on how this game started and how its end up to be.

Non the less but not least the earlier versions are still available to be played through simulators 'n a bunch of other hacking tools that will allow you to try those series of these glorious times at ur pc's or laptops and i highly recommend it that u try those games and see how its like to be Lara croft and wander in the unknown lands...oooo  its just thrilling and i can feel the chill only by goin back and think about these moments.

There is a particular memory that is rly fond in my head from tomb raider 1 and i think that's the one.  (still looking for it -.-)

This game was tha much hard to solve and beat that the walkthrough's were HUGE! check here

Tomb raider walkthrough level 01_caves and that was only for stage 1...can u process that in ur head?!

740full.jpg

257948_pcw_b.png 

And this was the version when the game itself started to curve in the negative direction in my humble opinion bcuz the story was not 

Sryro:empty

Spoiler

Okey it maybe a bit childish but at that time it was thrilling to collect these coins n diamonds plus the story and the graphics for my age was...idk how to say this...exciting

spyrothedragon.jpg

A bug's life:empty

Spoiler

This one as well was worth to play bcuz there was a good storyline behind it and some motive to reach the goal 

bug-cover.jpg

Spiderman:empty

Spoiler

all boys played that i bet

237b921d7ff7688f45e5a91e3f98101c.jpg

Tomba:empty

Spoiler

Adventure game no shit, no word to describe here, it was mostly 2D based but with good graphics and was giving u the illusion that it was 3D at some points where the camera was turning around u.

btw his name is tombi...idk why its written tomba LOL!

548.jpg

Magical racing tour:empty

Spoiler

I can say i reached atleast 1k hours playing this one bcuz u had to unlock many chars and vehicles 

40835bd3129052e65a9f52b0afc5a7fe.jpg

Alien:empty

Spoiler

I was so scared to play Alien that i had to have my mom keeping me company while i was plaything this xD and guess what...she was scared like me...we were screaming together like 2 girls alone in home... -.- i know right...

18-1.jpg

Swagman:empty

Spoiler

Same as the previous one a very scare but so much enjoyable game to play with, it was a story with a brother n sister were the whole world was trapped inside a nightmare except those 2 :|   i also was playing this with my mother with turns, just imagine how good this game it was

swagman.jpg

Heart of Darkness:empty

Spoiler

There are no words, was playing this with lil bro with turns >.< thrilling story and had some good obstacles

Heart_of_Darkness_Coverart.png

And now lets go to some more new titles i still play and enjoy

Terraria:empty

Spoiler

Yes ladies and gentlemens Terraria a pixel build game like minecraft in 2D playstyle with a bunch of goals to achieve and bosses to defeat while retaining the element of adventure, give it a try if u never tried.

terraria-logo-wallpaper-1.jpg

Just look how many creative things u can do in this :O

cb655734cab95fce944ceb9945570de0.jpg

f04d2960513b21abeca0988582c9a468-650-80.jpg

5.jpg

cb655734cab95fce944ceb9945570de0.jpg

Amnesia:empty

There is just no other scariest game other than that, even up till today i was never able to play more than 30mins...my heart is shaking way too damn much!! :O

275558_Papel-de-Parede-Amnesia-T.jpg

Edited by ragstal
it will start from here

Well i think i will go on from here on since i can't edit yet at the above post tsh.

B0wvE92.jpgempty

Spoiler

Introduction

WildArms.png

Yeap, Wild arms folks, not sure if many of u even played it or knew about so i will try to fill u in with in with all the details about it and why it was one best of the best rpg games at those times and its still does remain an excellent game to play and enjoy.

Wildarmscase.jpg

157637-Wild_Arms_XF_(USA)-1.jpg57205_front.jpg

ps2_wildarms_altercodef.jpg

57202_front.jpg939503-eaus.jpg

Wild_ARMs_Alter_Code_F.jpg

latest?cb=20080320191833

Megaman:empty

Spoiler

37155-MegaMan_X6-9.jpg

mega-man-x4-ps1-cover-front-eu-47272.jpg

Metal Slug: available content

Spoiler

Introduction

50fde6c54416c.jpg

Im sure a lot of u played or atleast heard of this one, Metal slug is a 2D originally a PsX game which later on was also available to those toss a coin 'n play machines in the rock bars...atleast in greece where am i from....anyway u start off with between of the 2 available chars, its about

Selection screen

originally 2 dudes Tarma character-tarma-ani.gif'n Marco giphy.gifaltho there are 2 other chicks Eri character-eri.gifand Fio Fioms2.gif(my fav one <3) to play with but they are locked u can unlock em later on if u beat a couple times the game.

tumblr_lt8qp5CeNZ1qml6rho1_400.gif

Animated in later versions of the game

mslug4select.jpg

Game type

With that being said let me say that this is a more shooting game like rather than adventure but that game too have its goal's, some bosses were tricky to beat but there was always that good old man there to lend u a hand 00210.gifwith his kamehameha technique stolen from great Goku-san.

But to be honest that old guy was one of the most funny things for me when i started playing this game just bcuz i saw him doin that xD at 1st felt i was trolled...obviously like anyone else was, i bet the reaction of ppl must be like...wut defuq is he doin what i think he is? xD haha anyway u will encounter this dude most of the time and u must watch out for him cus he is a trecherous little fox cus he either trying to sell u stuff40c.gifor  u'll see him asking for help in a gay latest?cb=20090415155817way like he is 100% absolutly sure that u will help him -.-...and ofc u will, bcuz this guy is giving you a huge bonus to to ur progress rank at the end of the level, not only that but when u help him his giving u stuff and his even stay close to u until u reach the end of the stage and his beating the enemies with his stolen ability we mention above...but be aware and careful about one fact....As i said before he is tricky like a fox! he is gonna run away with his tail between his legs like a sissy if he see things are goin unglyemoticon_oldrun.gif-.-..."yea thanks pal".

Bosses:

The bosses was either enormous alien spaceships,metal_slug__astro_slug_by_duaine13-d4w48ko.gif

boosted humanoids, big muscular dudes with guns

bigger than their sausages...this gif for example... Ametralladora-Metal-Slug-87930.gif

just look how much doped this guy is.

Vehicles

I loved this game bcuz of its ability to let u ride all sorts of armored vehicles, it were either super duper fortifies tanks, chopers, robotic moving armors and notice this ppl of gaming (!) Animals were no exception!

latest?cb=20090109140542 eri_y_marco_by_lakssy-d484x2f.gifasdg.gifmetal_slug_sprite_2_by_darkmaysonwc-d4867ss.giferi_22.gif

It would be either elephants shooting lightning strikes, camels and god knows what else! but personally that's as far my ability of remembering can go xD   

latest?cb=20100717052005  

Aside from that 

latest?cb=20090105060845http%3A%2F%2Fimages3.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20100708040045%2Fmetalslug%2Fimages%2F8%2F8e%2FBigrocketlauncher.gifmetalslug16.gif~c200metalslug.45.gif

a9.gifMarcoDefeatsTank.gif~c200

e29b72437e68dd8b4a1bc8d503a74670.giflatest?cb=20090105064157

ah...i found what was the problem with the edit and i was getting the msg This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be editted....@Tyrone said

3 hours ago, Tyrone said:

There is a limit to the amount of pictures in one post

That is why people use reserve posts 

so i had to delete 1-4 pictures in order to be able to edit again the 2nd post but i will find another way to do my thing...im persistant ^.^ 

in worst case scenario i will just make more posts below users posts and add more content there or when my motivation and inspiration for writing start to feel like fading i will delete this one and ask a new thread from @Noad and then i will reserve space for the final result, tbh i was not expecting to post this thread so soon i just wanted to make it each day little by little in a construction state like in guide section in forum where threads are under construction and not visible to public eye.

I know this thread its a bit messy right now but i like writing a lot and will make it just like i visualize it in my mind and bcuz im not so splendid with english grammar i require some time to fix some mistakes, i should have 1st finish the whole thing in my experimental forum and then post it here complete but oh well since i alrdy started it i will make it look good and friendly to user eye ;) so have patience all u readers that enjoyed and keep enjoying this review-journal like thread x).

Edited by ragstal

Skullmonkeys:

Spoiler

Cinematic+Gameplay & Main menu:

will add mmo-rpg too that i liked and will make em very detailed as well i have a few frames i wanna add to make it some what pretty and more extraodinary hueuhe might post em even under your post.... :P idk.

there is PoE --> path of Exile with good back-ground story and torchlight one of my fav and i personally believe one of the best out there to play and spent some quality adventure time...the sad thing is u don't encounter so many good games anymore like the old ones used to be and give u the same chill n feelin, i always get this nostalgia about these games, for example world of warcraft was hyped me so much not bcuz of the playstyle or bcuz of the many ppl but bcuz there was a journey to do, an adventure to experience with and ofc the elvish scenes.

But ofc that's my personal belief and opinion on the matter that has to do with games and mmo-rpg in general, and i would like to find a new game that has plenty story or something to have hooked on with, like the elder scrolls...morrow wind, oblivion and ofc the new one skyrim, those are great games, not bcuz only of there graphics but they stick to the old good motive.

Gud i was reading hours upon hours every little detail the npc's had to say back then, the same kind of deal was another game named castlevania that i also enjoyed a lot bcuz there were so good cinematics and talking, u had to save a princess too ^.^ huehue.Will write about that too. i didnt even complete the 1st one in this topic yet to be honest, there are much i wanna write (i like writing ^.^ A LOT).

Edited by ragstal

Omg omg omg the memories .

I was an admin of a Diablo 2 server for 2 years. Spyro is the game of my youth ;_; Fucking love Spyro.

Alien Shooter is dank when you need to unload some rage.

Anyone remembers Mortal Kombat 4? The first 3D Mortal... ;_;

I'm generally a huge fan of old PSX games, I have a collector's edition of Final Fantasy VII with Sephiroth's figure, map of the region and original japanese soundtrack. Ooohh I'm gonna follow this thread for sure

5 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Omg omg omg the memories .

I was an admin of a Diablo 2 server for 2 years. Spyro is the game of my youth ;_; Fucking love Spyro.

Alien Shooter is dank when you need to unload some rage.

Anyone remembers Mortal Kombat 4? The first 3D Mortal... ;_;

I'm generally a huge fan of old PSX games, I have a collector's edition of Final Fantasy VII with Sephiroth's figure, map of the region and original japanese soundtrack. Ooohh I'm gonna follow this thread for sure

YEAH PS1 FTW!! 

Chobits.full.118266.jpg

1 minute ago, Tranzmaster said:

Tekken 3 was also super good.

Eddy Gordo MVP.

It was a hard and well worth game to play with and had forged a special bond in our hearts...it will always be remembered. 

tumblr_nm0cr1OdgK1rpe07yo2_1280.jpg